the Rift

[PRIVATE] Fly in a Jar (welcoming)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
[Image: 53c23221eee99]
They trailed into the falls, hoof beat by hoof beat. I stirred from the overhanging cliff high above their position, moving out from shadows and tilting neck forward with honeyed gaze narrowing eagerly to assess the quarry he trailed – gaze ever watching as my short, stocky senior Legatus led yet another mare into our group. Yar, say true. Yet. Another. Mare.
One dark ear notched back, perplexed, it would be foolish to turn away a willing heart (and I’d never refuse a woman who stood at our door). But lately, my crew seemed to be collecting mares and only mares from the Threshold and various territories. Surely a few headstrong, unemotional stallions were among the count that could be gathered?

Fina scoffed, reading my mind. Her flaming light is like a small sun, replacing shadows in even the darkest recesses of our makeshift patrol point, “Ye doesn’t like girls?” She asked innocently, tilting that crown of flames. A smile is gleefully planted across her avian face. I glance over and sigh a frustrated groan, shaking cranium violently enough that it sent dual colored locks flailing across the opposite side of my neck.

Bottomless pools rolled into my skull, and instead of answering I allowed the silken glide of feathers to fall clean from their sheath. A constant breeze kissed a cool trail between feathers, one, two steps forward and a split second later I was plummeting toward the rocky earth below. Gold hued primaries spread wider, ballooning when wind filled them to burst, skyborn. Gliding above their conversation, my shadow trailed below, darkening as I slipped forward for a clean landing.

A warm smile crept forward, erasing all sighs of previous discontent. Gaze swept over Rostislav, “Welcome home Legatus,” attention turned to his company, “and to ye as well. Welcome, my name is Midas.”
[Image: 53c231fe00a58]
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Fly in a Jar (welcoming) - by Rostislav - 08-18-2014, 11:36 AM
RE: Fly in a Jar (welcoming) - by Branwyn - 08-19-2014, 03:27 PM
RE: Fly in a Jar (welcoming) - by Midas - 08-21-2014, 10:26 PM
RE: Fly in a Jar (welcoming) - by Branwyn - 08-28-2014, 04:54 AM
RE: Fly in a Jar (welcoming) - by Midas - 08-28-2014, 03:43 PM
RE: Fly in a Jar (welcoming) - by Rostislav - 08-30-2014, 11:20 PM
RE: Fly in a Jar (welcoming) - by Branwyn - 09-15-2014, 10:42 PM
RE: Fly in a Jar (welcoming) - by Midas - 09-30-2014, 02:54 PM
RE: Fly in a Jar (welcoming) - by Rostislav - 10-03-2014, 01:33 AM