the Rift

[OPEN] singing in the garden [basin celebration invitations]

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather

Continuing on their intrepid quest and crusade, full of the mid-morning rush and the crisp, cool vestiges of autumn air, Lena’s movements and motions brought them into a region she knew well; and even though it always struck her with a bitter, rancorous, slighted, blighted edge, she still advanced into the mist and cliff regime. Like a constant, ceremonial twinge, she stepped into the labyrinthine fog and abyss with a brilliant smile and heavy heart, angelic seraph fluttering and flickering amongst the glassy fixtures and mossy beds. No matter the hysteria, the histories, the remarkable, brandished, ignited sway between their two herd lands now and then, they’d entered an armistice, an understanding, and she tried to remind herself she shouldn’t feel daunted, weary, nervous of the task bound to these particular lands. Instead, she pervaded and grew alight, blossomed and unfurled in the hold, in the brush of the familiar haze, closed her eyes and pressed lightly into the Edge’s riveting void, forced away the blinding images of war, of waged violence, of blood and ichor, rampaging sieges and virulent campaigns – those days had come to an end, and they were here to provide a nuance, a sentiment, a rumination, of what peace and the Basin could reflect. Her thoughts glided in light, listless tides, wondering and pondering over who would arrive, of who would wander into their frozen wares, into their aurora bliss, and she fervently hoped some of her own companions met and kept within these emboldened walls would find themselves in the midst of the icy palisade. Perhaps Kahlua, forever eager, warm, and amiable, would immerse herself into the rime dances and frosted songs, delighted, ignited, in the passionate display of their hope and vigilance? Maybe Alysanne would place her tucked wings into their kindred walls, and they could share more herbs, more secrets, more daydream exchanges amongst the fold of friends?

With the nymph and fairy’s ambitions reaffirmed, she followed the same particulars from their previous beckoning and requests, lowering her neck and allowing several invitations to flit, hover, dance, and fall to the Edge’s borders, foal bearings and sketches useful and creative, brazenly embarking, coaxing their occupants from sleepy doldrums and listless throes, enticing, ensnaring, foretold merriment. Her stare remained fixated on the silent fog, the unsung murk, for a few more minutes, greeting, remembering, the lands, the rolling shores, the massive bluffs and ridges, like an old friend, and before she got too wistful or attracted unnecessary attention from her comrades, she smiled wanly in their direction, and proceeded through old pathways, trailing and tracing to their final kingdom.

[You’ve been invited to The Aurora Basin’s Celebration of the Time God!

Below is a drawing of your invitation, provided by several Basin foals:

For a translation; Basin – Unicorns – Orangemoon. ;D

All Unicorns will be encouraged to attend. However, due to the armistice between the Basin and the Edge, those of the top tiers are also invited, regardless of species. Festivities will be held towards the latter end of Orangemoon, once we have everything prepared. Thank you! ^__^

@[Mirabella] @[Sialia] ]

Lena</style>
where there is love, there is life.</style>

image by safetylast @ flickr.com

Mirabella Posts: 35
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Two Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily

I have been hiding my sniffling since I caught up to the others after leaving the Falls. That big black and white bird brain had ruined all but one of the invitations we left for them. Did he not like the Basin? Or did he not like unicorns? I thought the Basin was the only home that was just for ones with a crown, at least that's how Momma had explained it. That she had chosen the cold peaks because of the way Daddy had invited her. That the herd was just like her. That no other herds were like the Basin.

It is with all of that in mind, that we arrive at the Edge. This was the herd we were friends with. I think... I hope... If some rude beast ruins these invitations too.... I might just lose it completely. I linger, hoping that I will see someone come to collect the invitations... I just hope they won't ruin them. It's then I can't keep it in anymore. I fall in step with Lena, attempting to press the side of my face to her side. Tears falling from my eyes I speak calmly, sniffling every now and then. "Some rude pegasus destroyed all but one of the invitations we left in the Falls.... I don't know if the one that survived will get to the rest of the herd...." I sniffle some more, before continuing on. "He had it, the one who destroyed the rest..."

I lower my head, not really sure what to do. What would happen if no others show up? That it's just us from the Basin? Is our herd really that hated? My eyes look to the Time Mender, wishing she would just explain everything. Was it really easy to just explain everything, of why the Basin was so hated? Probably not....

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

Mirabella
x - x

I'm braver, because I fought a giant and won.
I'm stronger, because I had to be.
I'm happier, because I've learned what matters.
I stand taller, because I'm a survivor.

[Image: 53924d1345a8c]

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable
The paint pegasus has flown back to the Edge for a time to clear her head. Not that she does not love the island, for she does…it is just that its diminutive size has trapped her with the mare she has been avoiding, and looking over her shoulder isn’t the best way to enjoy the view. She still doesn’t know how to confess her inadequacy to Kahlua, so she has simply chosen to fly away, leaving her problems behind on that rock in the sky.

Nasreen hadn’t intended to come back to the Edge—after all, that’s the second most likely place for the queen to appear—but something pulls at her heart, drawing her to the crumbled ruins of glass that ring the border. Though she does not quite realize it, only registering it as a familiar melancholy feeling, she is feeling homesick for a home where she never intended to stay long. It soothes her to wander her old route along the wall, to walk and think and thin the weeds that have sprung up in her absence. So she does, settling into the familiar rhythm of step-and-pull that she has begun to perfect. The mist is lonely, but her spirits are rising slightly at her task. For once, she is contributing something actually useful to the herd that shelters her, instead of scuttling around with a fancy title and an empty heart.

A little breeze whispers through the trees, toying with the princess’ mane. It is not enough to chase away the fog, but a few green leaves come fluttering her way. One sticks to the bridge of her muzzle, held there by the wind, and another cartwheels merrily to a stop at her hooves. Absentmindedly, Nasreen shakes the first leaf off of her face and is about to continue on her way, when she notices: there are markings on the leaves. They are crude, but purposeful, and the leaves are nearly identical—as if they bear a message of some sort. Of what, she does not know, but she raises her head, peering into the mist. “Hello?”

"Speech."

horse:Colourize-Stock.deviantart.com || bg: Dark-Wolfs-Stock.deviantart.com || wings: Chocomix-Stock.deviantart.com & Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com || image: impassioned-dreams.deviantart.com || table by wanda
Image Link
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie
I Ain't Got Time To Bleed

In all honesty, I had no idea that the child had been gone. She was quiet, and she hadn't spoke much. Would I really be a terrible parent? Not even noticing a child was gone. Probably. Thus far, Glacia had proven to be fairly reserved. But she was only so very young. She could grow out of it, after all.

But I had not noticed Mirabella's absense, and when she re appeared she sounded choked, and upset, stating that someone had ruined the invitations that her and the other youngsters of the Basin had put so much care into making. I was hardly and emotional mare, but I could feel a twinge of sadness in my heart for her. I nudge her gently, offering a small smile of sympathy. "I can understand the hatred they have for the adults, but it was certainly wrong to take it out on something innocent foals created from within. Do not pay heed to them Mirabella, they will never be worth your time." And I return my gaze to the mare ahead of me.

We reach the worlds edge, and as I leave invitations, a Pegasus mare arrives. A soft hello escapes her maw. I watch her for a moment, before giving her a smile, and a nod. She is pretty, and I see the beauty in the winged ones. A kind of grace only they posses. The grace of birds.

Then we where gone again. Traveling to another place. Two places to go, and it was a long journey. It was hard, long, and tiring. I was beginning to feel pain in odd places. If they grew to much, I would talk to Lena. Gee, it sure was handy to travel with a time mender.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[]
Words;; 294
Notes;; We hope to see you there!

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!