the Rift

Mythical Companion Contest - [VOTE!]

Tamme the Tempting Posts: 140
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 2 :: 2 HP: 9001 | Buff: Admin
Tamme
After much deliberation with the companion rules, the preference is that each species has a species specific companion and those with companions that do not fit their species will be exceptions to the rules on account of fairness.

As of right now, these are the species specific companions.
Dragons | Equines
Zephyrs | Pegasus (phoenix essentially)
Griffins | Unicorns
Rougarou | Hybrids (shape-shifters | also, hybrids can bond with the companion types of their two halves as well)

>> Something to note is that wolves will not be mythical. The only mythical wolf on this site will be Huyana's because her drop happened before the companion redo.
>> If your entry was something already possible for the current dragon or phoenix companions, then it was not counted on the list.

ENTRIES
ALEX :: Gargoyle :: Gargoyles stick out to me as a great companion because they are used as "protectors" when they are tied to myth.
TIME :: Sprite :: Sprites are mischievous creatures that I feel would blend well with a lot of characters on this site. Sprites are generally very bright and could offer a lot to their bonded.
TIME :: Nymph :: Nymphs are spirits of the land, and Helovia is a place filled with so much magic it would just make sense for a Nymph to be available.
ALEX :: Cerberus :: Because a three headed dog is just plain awesome, and they are very protective.
ALEX :: Chimera :: Chimera's are creatures of destruction, so I think a miniature one would be both adorable and useful.
TAMME :: Fairy Class :: I think it would be cool to have a class of fairies like Kachie suggested a while back that would include banshees, nymphs, sprites, gremlins etc..
TAMME :: Sphynx :: Sphynx's are wise, sarcastic and a little vague, and I think they would make a great companion for a healer/doctor or maybe a diplomatic rank. I can see them making wisecracks from their bonded's back during tense meetings between herds.
ALEX :: Tiamat :: I think the idea of five different heads each representing a different element, each perhaps having their own differences, would be really interesting. I think it could work as a rarer subtype of dragon.
ALEX :: Hellhound :: I think they add a dangerous and mysterious element; also would work great for some of the darker, magical characters that want something more than your average dog.
ALEX :: Manticore :: Manticore's are incredibly fierce and dangerous creatures that represent a mixture of things. It would be interesting to have for some of our more dangerous characters. ;)
ALEX :: Basilisk :: I'd be sad to see these taken off the list; they are not only quite mysterious, but their paralyzing feature is very interesting and could be quite useful.
ALEX :: Alphyn :: They are a very interesting and potentially dangerous mix, like the manticore. Plus it allows for the element of wolf, a crowd favorite, but a bit more special.
ALEX :: Kitsune :: Foxes are mischievous and the kitsune is mysterious; for our less dangerous, more serious, or more mysterious characters, it would be a good fit.
ALI :: Chupacabra :: Chupacabra's are said to be able to fly and have an obsession with blood. Personally I think they're a bit creepy and I'd love to give some of the 'creepier' characters an equally creepy companion choice.
ANGEL :: Wampus Cat :: having claws and fangs, these cats would make excellent fighters for their bonded. This creature also as six legs and looks similar to that of a cougar.
IMI :: Kirin :: I love the mixture of dragon and deer in its appearance, with unicorn-esque features. It's also said to cover itself in fire and cares deeply for the earth.
IMI :: Haetae :: I like the idea of them being both dog and tiger, which allows a little more imagination to characters looking for canine or tiger companions.
IMI :: Nekomata :: I just really like the idea of a two tailed, demonic cat.
CHARKS :: Banshee :: Taking a vague, semi-corporeal form rather than the traditional human form, the Helovian banshee would have a piercing scream attack and be able to morph its form. It would be a creepy companion unlike anything we have now, good for spies or warriors.
CHARKS :: Boggart :: It would be a mischievous creature, and incredibly annoying, especially if they could turn into what characters feared. Personally, I'd like to see more creatures with unusual character traits, to fit in with the large variety of individuals Helovia boasts.
CHARKS :: Cynogryphon :: Gryphon + wolf = yes please. Need I say more? I could see this as a mutation or type of gryphon, rather than its own separate species.
CHAN :: Quetzal :: Being a snake in essense I think the Quetzal is a rather unusual and interesting choice for companion. They will definitely make others think twice about attacking, and them having wings offers a lot of design potentials.
INA :: Goldhorn :: The Goldhorn's blood creates beautiful and healing flowers if spilled, and also this white Chamois is very attractive.

Please nominate your top three choices. Vote will be tallied at the end and prizes awarded.
In your nomination, please include the OOC name of the player whose idea you are voting for!

Alex :: Gargoyle - 4
Alex :: Hellound - 7
Alex :: Cerberus - 3
Alex :: Kitsune - 6
Alex :: Tiamat - 1
Tamme :: Fairy Class - 4
Tamme :: Sphynx - 4
Charks :: Banshee - 2
Charks :: Boggart - 5
Imi :: Nekomata - 4
Imi :: Kirin - 4
Imi :: Haetae - 1
Ina :: Goldhorn - 2
Time :: Sprite - 1
Chan :: Quetzal - 2
Alex :: Manticore - 1
Charks :: Cynogryphon - 1

Tamme the Tempting Posts: 140
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 2 :: 2 HP: 9001 | Buff: Admin
Tamme
Top three votes

Hellhound - Alex
Fairy Class - Tamme
Banshee - Charks

Willow Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Boggart
Fairy Class
Gargoyle

I also really like Charks Cynogryphon, or gryphons with dog features rather than cats, however I think this could be incorporated into the current gryphon rather than stand alone as its own companion.

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina
Tamme - Sphynx
Tamme - Fairy Class
Imi - Nekomata

Had a hard time while choosing between Kirin and Nekomata xD

Kachie Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Alex : Kitsune
Imi : Nekomata
Imi : Kirin

Would love to see cynogryphon incorporated into sub-group of griffins.

Cassiopeia Posts: 171
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hands :: 8 years old
Phantom
Gargoyle
Cerebus
Kirin

Huyana Posts: 83
Aurora Basin Scholar
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hands :: 7 years Buff: NOVICE
Krazie
Nekomata
Quetzal
Tiamat

Birch Posts: 37
Windtossed Foothills Warrior
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 hh :: 84 Months
Adoptable
Sphynx
Banshee
Goldhorn

Agrees with Blu about the cynogryphon.

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
Kitsune
Boggart
Haetae

Torasin Posts: 132
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 8
imi
Alex :: Kitsune
Imi :: Nekomata
Alex :: Hellhound

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan
Alex :: Kitsune - 3
Tamme :: Sphynx -2
Ina :: Goldhorn - 2
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Cerberus : Alex
Gargoyle : Alex
Sprite : Time
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Boom Boom Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Kitsune
Quetzal
Sphinx

Monster Posts: N/A
Unregistered