the Rift

[PRIVATE] Shy

Serenity Posts: 78
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 7 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Avis
Serenity
Feel the wind pass through my body, I am one with your soul...

The starry mare was overwhelmed with the beauty of the island and all of the excitement that followed. She had seen so many parties and had watched so many races take place, but she had been too shy and too uncomfortable still with all of these new faces to take part. Instead of party with everyone else from the World's Edge (which she just discovered was a new place), she spread her wings and let herself free fall down below.

Air rushed around her body and feathers, howling in her ears and drowning out all other sounds. A smile briefly graced her worried features, and she let go. The anxiety, stress and loneliness disappeared when she was flying, letting the wind in the sky take her mind and body. When she was close to the island, she snapped her wings open and let herself glide upwards and around the ocean. The sea breeze and salty air cleansed her as the sun began to set, making the cream of her coat appear almost golden.

By the time she landed, night had fallen, and the white star markings on her coat began to sparkle with the same softness as fireflies, breathing light before exhaling back into a fleshly spot. She felt her hooves rest softly on the dark stone ground of what she now knew was called "The Veins". As she watched the blue lava churn like water, she realized why it was called that. They did look somewhat like veins running through the little island on the ocean.

What she did not know were the shrines sitting there. They looked very old and worn, and they held some sort of power. But, she was blissfully clueless as to what they represented. Serenity was still very new here, and her shyness kept her from asking questions. The warmth from the island heated her up after her flight through the autumn season air, and she pulled her wings in close to her body, looking out across the vast lands of Helovia.

The snowy mountains stood like ominous towers in the north, barely able to make out through the darkness of evening. Did Torleik live there?

I-mi @ Da

STARS FADING BUT I LINGER ON DEAR
STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS
(Please tag me in every post)

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
TORLEIK
Long is the winter of a man's soul

The clip...clop of Torleik's hooves on the rocky ground was quiet and slow, marking his methodical pace. It was nighttime, the realm of his goddess, and he felt...calmer. He had come here to this place to beseech her once more, to speak and see if she might listen this time, if his accomplishments were worthy in her eyes.

Irelyn, still young and unaccustomed to late nights, was nestled into his broad back, snoozing like only a child could, oblivious to anything and everything bad in the world. Stars bright in the sky, breeze cool and the veins in the rock pulsing with an inviting blue, Torleik halted in front of the Moon Goddess' shrine, exhaling and sinking to the ground.

What was he here for? Himself? Perhaps. He wanted to...to pray for Ophelia. To ask the Moon Goddess to do something for her. Anything. The Bloodskald had the sense that asking that would only offend the white mare; Ophelia was fiercely independent and had rebuffed his well-intentioned help before.

Closing his eyes, the warrior breathed, taking in the sounds, smells and sensations around him. Was anyone else here? He didn't know. Wasn't sure they'd bother him if they were; not many accosted him without reason. Even if his solitude was a lie, it was a pleasant mirage. The stallion felt...old and worn, tired on the inside and out. He'd lost his family, had found a fragment of it here, half lost it to a succubus who led the Basin (though his thoughts towards Illynx should not run so bitter, he knew), had his heart trampled on by the promiscuity of a mare, cautiously held feelings for another who seemed to not want him in the slightest most of the time, and had no friends.

A man was measured by his deeds in battle and the reputation he left behind. What had he done? Very little. If he were to die right now, there would be no great dirge at his funeral - there would be nothing to say.

This land held little for him still.

@[Serenity]

"talk talk talk"
'Mental talking'
Thoughts

Credits: Image by Flowering Fatality @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Avis
Serenity

Stars seemed to fly as she descended, dancing lights from her very coat where white kisses met blue and gold. Serenity looked below her, able to barely make out in the depth of night a dark figure walking up toward the shrines. Curiously, she narrowed her hawkish, yellow gaze, humming against the wind. Like a vulture she circled, glancing downward until she was able to make out more details from the ethereal light of the blue lava.

Torleik! The cow stallion...

Serenity landed quietly, her hooves meeting the stones with grace and tucking her wings in. Would he hear her approaching, or was he too lost in his own head? A knowing smile curved her lips. She was glad that she knew him, even if they had only met once before. In such a big, big world, every familiar face was a blessing. The mare was still not entirely sure that she trusted him, but she had wings and this was a little island. What could he do?

"Hey," she called, trotting up closer and carefully avoiding being burned by the lava. "There is an island in the sky!" Serenity nodded upward, hoping that he could see the faint outline in the clouds. There are others like you up there, without wings... I wonder how they got there..." The mare frowned before watching clouds come closer, getting thicker to the point of being almost solid.

The clouds! Maybe the clouds were the way to the top!

I-mi @ Da

STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS

I hold you in like a deep breath

Irelyn gave a sharp, snapping CLICK to indicate someone else was nearby and Torleik shook free of the entangling thoughts that weighted his psyche. Eyes searching, he found the pretty, young pegasus mare he'd met once before - Serenity. She seemed quite pleased to have found him, or maybe she was simply in a good mood.

Torleik wondered what that felt like. He'd practically forgotten since he'd come to Helovia what it felt like to be happy.

Still, her smile was infectious and his chest felt lighter when she unceremoniously assaulted him with a boisterous 'HEY' and drew closer, informing him with little other explanation that there was an island in the sky. A bemused smile slowly worked its way across his lips. "Serenity, did you, by chance, eat any strange new plants today?" the stallion inquired, thinking maybe she was incredibly high on something akin to Oxy's Locoweed.

Frankly, if so, he wanted to know where she'd found it so he could have some. A manufactured high was better than this unending low.

She claimed there were others like him up there and as he was about to state that was impossible, clouds began to descend and the Bloodskald eyed them suspiciously. Maybe she was infected with some kind of magic that caused hallucinations. But...this cloud looked...rather real... Cautiously, curiously, the stallion reached a feathered hoof out to paw at it and found it to be miraculously solid.

How in the nine hells was a cloud solid.

"This is the strangest day I've had in a very long time..." Torleik muttered, not quite willing to put another hoof on this cloud just yet. Irelyn had no such qualms, as her wings would allow her to escape, should it begin to take her away, and the owl-griffin pounced on the fluffy-yet-solid surface, wiggling her butt in pleasure.

'Fluffy! Soft. Get on!' she beckoned him through their bond and Torleik cut her a look.

"I am not stepping on a damn cloud that came out of nowhere."

Her displeasure and judgement was severe in the way only a child can muster with such innocent, acerbic clarity. 'Scared.' The word was a taunt, and Torleik frowned. He would not be called a coward by his own damn companion for gods' sake. With a grunt, he hopped up on the cloud and snorted down at his bonded.

"There, you little - shit!" the Bloodskald cursed as the cloud began a sudden and unannounced ascent. Hooves splayed out wide, eyes even more so, muscles quivering with shock and a newfound fear of heights, the stallion's nostrils were flared as each breath was snorted out. "I...hate...both of you..." he ground out, feeling that perhaps if he didn't move at all, he would be all right.

Gods help him, he hoped so.

"talk talk talk"

@[Serenity]
Art by: veradaine @ DA

No man is an island.

Avis
Serenity

Serenity snorted heavily and rolled her eyes with the cow-horn-stallion suggested that she had eaten something unsavory. The hawkish mare ruffled her feathers and groaned out a very dramatic response. "I did NO SUCH thing," she said. "I am not that foolish." The mare watched him curiously, thinking that maybe she was a bit naive, but she was definitely not a fool. Some plants could kill if eaten, so she never ingested what she did not know. And, if she absolutely had to, she would eat in small quantities.

The little cat-owl seemed to understand the cloud too, and Serenity laughed at the creature's display of backside shaking. With a little dance of her own, she delicately jumped onto an edge of the cloud, demonstrating with his bonded that it was a safe cloud, no matter how many faces he made at it.

Serenity rolled her eyes again when he said that he was not going to get on a magical cloud. How many times would magical clouds come to ferry you anywhere in life? Never. Was he really going to miss this fantastic opportunity because he was paranoid? "Oh come on!" she exclaimed. "Ten seasons from now, you are going to say to yourself, 'wow, I really wish that I had gotten on the cloud'." She mimicked his deep voice in a playful way and then stomped on the solid surface.

Torleik finally stepped onto the cloud after some debate with the cat-owl, and she chuckled in amusement as it began to ascend. With a strong leap into the air, she cast her wings out, catching the wind and pushing herself up. She spiraled around his cloud, watching him shake and tremble, and Serenity smiled. "Do not be afraid," she said. "Just enjoy the view."

Soon enough, the ground of the island in the sky came to meet them, and she landed, staring at him pointedly while resting on one hip. "See? I told you that there was an island here..."

I-mi @ Da

STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS

I hold you in like a deep breath

"Perhaps not foolish, but experimental," Torleik explained, not assuming she was an idiot. He'd run into stranger characters many times, so discovering this winged mare partook of mind altering plants would be no surprise; after all, he was immensely level-headed, and used to partake before any fight if he so wished. It was part of his culture.

The offending cloud was highly suspicious to him and the stallion gave a muted glare to both the current women in his life who were mocking him for his reticence to ascend to the heavens on a decidedly untrustworthy apparatus. "My voice does not become you," Torleik grunted at Serenity, grumbling to himself as he finally stepped on.

And it was the worst mistake he felt he'd ever made.

The pegasus told him not to be afraid and just enjoy the view, and his eyes were icy as they'd ever been. "Easy for you...to say...you can...fly..." he managed, wishing this ride would just end and he could put his hooves on solid ground again - and it seemed that as soon as he thought it, it was so. Suddenly, his hooves felt soil and rock and he shook violently for a moment, his body expelling all the stress of that unexpected and very much unwanted trip. The Bloodskald's expression was sour as Serenity tartly told him there was an island like she'd said. This was like dealing with a precocious and smart-mouthed child. "Forgive your elder's ignorance," he drawled, the sarcasm in his tone a little lost in the curiosity he was experiencing now that he was here.

Where had this place come from? How did it get here? Why was it here?

"talk talk talk"

@[Serenity]
Art by: veradaine @ DA

No man is an island.