the Rift

[PRIVATE] Shy

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
I hold you in like a deep breath

Irelyn gave a sharp, snapping CLICK to indicate someone else was nearby and Torleik shook free of the entangling thoughts that weighted his psyche. Eyes searching, he found the pretty, young pegasus mare he'd met once before - Serenity. She seemed quite pleased to have found him, or maybe she was simply in a good mood.

Torleik wondered what that felt like. He'd practically forgotten since he'd come to Helovia what it felt like to be happy.

Still, her smile was infectious and his chest felt lighter when she unceremoniously assaulted him with a boisterous 'HEY' and drew closer, informing him with little other explanation that there was an island in the sky. A bemused smile slowly worked its way across his lips. "Serenity, did you, by chance, eat any strange new plants today?" the stallion inquired, thinking maybe she was incredibly high on something akin to Oxy's Locoweed.

Frankly, if so, he wanted to know where she'd found it so he could have some. A manufactured high was better than this unending low.

She claimed there were others like him up there and as he was about to state that was impossible, clouds began to descend and the Bloodskald eyed them suspiciously. Maybe she was infected with some kind of magic that caused hallucinations. But...this cloud looked...rather real... Cautiously, curiously, the stallion reached a feathered hoof out to paw at it and found it to be miraculously solid.

How in the nine hells was a cloud solid.

"This is the strangest day I've had in a very long time..." Torleik muttered, not quite willing to put another hoof on this cloud just yet. Irelyn had no such qualms, as her wings would allow her to escape, should it begin to take her away, and the owl-griffin pounced on the fluffy-yet-solid surface, wiggling her butt in pleasure.

'Fluffy! Soft. Get on!' she beckoned him through their bond and Torleik cut her a look.

"I am not stepping on a damn cloud that came out of nowhere."

Her displeasure and judgement was severe in the way only a child can muster with such innocent, acerbic clarity. 'Scared.' The word was a taunt, and Torleik frowned. He would not be called a coward by his own damn companion for gods' sake. With a grunt, he hopped up on the cloud and snorted down at his bonded.

"There, you little - shit!" the Bloodskald cursed as the cloud began a sudden and unannounced ascent. Hooves splayed out wide, eyes even more so, muscles quivering with shock and a newfound fear of heights, the stallion's nostrils were flared as each breath was snorted out. "I...hate...both of you..." he ground out, feeling that perhaps if he didn't move at all, he would be all right.

Gods help him, he hoped so.

"talk talk talk"

@[Serenity]
Art by: veradaine @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Shy - by Serenity - 08-19-2014, 12:07 AM
RE: Shy - by Torleik - 09-03-2014, 06:27 PM
RE: Shy - by Serenity - 10-04-2014, 02:20 PM