the Rift

[OPEN] Minemineminemine [Sin; Open]

Astrasza Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: m5Z0Uuk.png]

Astrasza enters the boarder that is the Hidden Falls, though she does so on foot. Her wings still tired and achy, but her legs comfortably relaxed, are a much preferred choice given her current situation. Trees suddenly give way to lacing rivers and pools of water that seem to endlessly fill yet without flooding. As Astrasza climbs the uneven rocks further upstream the racing water comes to a series of water falls; mist and rainbows fill the air and water collects on the mare’s wings and dampens her fur.

Another monstrous cliff sits in the mare’s path, and her wings open as the mare leaps into the air towards the river and allows her wings to catch her before she hits the water. Though with an ungraceful struggle, her body meanders as she struggles to climb the air with viciously fluttering wings before finally touching ground a top the cliff rocks. Astrasza snorts her stress away, how any idiot can assume a Pegasus can just take off from the ground like a little robin is beyond her.
Astrasza stops at the top of the rocks and looks over the falls with a pleased smile, the smell of dirty river water fills her nostrils and excites her.
This is a nice place… peaceful, quiet, beautiful. Astrasza admires her surroundings, no one to bug her, no one at all. She can’t help but wonder where her recruiter had gone, though. They had dashed away into the trees together, covered miles of ground and then suddenly a few sharp turns later Astrasza had found she’s by herself.

Astrasza shrugs after she replays the event over and over. Oh well, at least now she’s in a safe spot, shoot maybe no one’s out here. Maybe the fawn was the only horse who knew about this spot! She can claim this place as her own! The idea tickles Astrasza into a smile and she looks around for signs of life. No one? No one here? Nope!
Squatting in her spot the mare lifts her tail and lets go a stream of hot, yellow fluids onto the rocks. Yup, Astrasza was here. A proud flick of her tail and Astrasza begins a casual pace up stream, setting out on an exploration mission into unchartered land.
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

The cooling of orangemoon is upon us, our canopy has already started their change. Turning from a brilliant emerald to faded sunset hues of violet and amber; soon they would become brighter, full of luster. Then, nearly all at once, the canvas would turn a dusty chocolate and bare the sickly looking limbs like skeletons with their fingers stretching for salvation.

I’d taken a break from patrolling the entrance to search our lands on the far side of this valley. Once ensuring everything was quiet, I returned to the cliffs – noting that things looked peaceful and unchanged. That was until…yon striking mare breasted our cliff-face, traveling in the progression water. Her body was short, the pelt similar to a mare I’d known long ago. A mare that in all likelihood had died shortly after leaving her migratory home.

Right appendage angled toward my barrel, carrying this body into a wide arch alongside the cliff face. A warm updraft aided in elevation as I circled back around, preparing for an approach, “Hail!” vocals trumpeted. Patched limbs uncoiled their tight position, the muscles in my limbs backpedaled feathers until hindfeet brushed grey slant. Gold scattered in the wake of my approach, perfect hoofprints grinding into the stone before disappearing harmlessly. Wings slithered shut as forefeet fell ahead; one solid whiff of her essence and that faint burst of hope that had dared raise its little head was extinguished. This girl wasn’t Kri, nor was she a Falls mare, “Welcome,” I said with a genuine beam touching both corners of my face.

“This is Hidden Falls,” my tone is nothing but cordial and welcoming, “May I ask what purpose stirs ye to cross into our land?”

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

It was like--

--Some great giant asshole of a fist had come down and crushed the foothills I had grown up in—had carved a water basin with impossibly large, sharp knuckles and made a huge mess out of rocks and earth, a pulverized hole in the ground. And with that all mighty punch, they had straight pounded the ground I used to sleep on at night—completely decimated the trees and the streams I used to know, replacing it with something else, something that looked broken to me, probably because it was broken in my eyes.

What even the hell, man!

I acted like I was surprised. I acted like I had a reason to be pissed, like it was my right or something. Like it was still my home and that I hadn’t abandoned it at some point, along with any and all family that I used to have residing here. The place was trashed; the scents were different, totally changed, with no hint of the huge, fierce warriors I used to always want to emulate. I couldn’t smell Miss Day-Day here or Mr. Archiballs (oh my god I really thought that was a his name at one point) or anyone, anyone else, except for some vague scent that sparked something painful in me but I wasn’t sure why.

My eyes were wide; fuck boarder protocols, man, my old home was junked and I was too shocked to care about anyone else’s feelings for courtesy right now. Not that I would’ve cared that much before, but here now was a grievance too personal for me to rein in this bogus sense of outrage that I was allowing myself to get away with. Anger was my mainstay, I guess, or at least it was beginning to be—sort of like an amber bottle that you keep reaching for to steady your knees so you can keep walking. I’m guessing it was just as healthy.

“What the HELL is this?!” I bellowed from the back of my throat, a raw throated, rage-induced, heartbroken shout that shot straight at the profile of an unfortunate pissing mare. I stomped toward her, my hooves slashing in the water as I came closer to this stranger who may or may not be calling this place home. This strange place—this blot on unfamiliar territory—

But I didn’t get too close before a golden blur entered my vision, dropping gently from the sky like a flurry of precious dust—but I was still yelling before I could even see who it was. “What happened?! I was yelling over the greetings he was giving her, “The mountain! Who the hell trashed the mountain like—like dad--um--" I blinked rapidly, my eyes becoming as confused as my speech as I halted in the stream, gazing at the duo. There was something about this golden guy that was springing in my memory—not a name or anything, or even a voice, really, just this—this feeling that he was a dad

Someone’s dad

talk

Like stars burning holes right through the dark
Flicking fire like saltwater into my eyes</style>