the Rift

[OPEN] In The Eyes Of The Beholder

Zikar-Sin Posts: 78
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 8
M.E.

The Haruspex’s smile never faltered and his lids never lowered over his eyes in a proper blink as he surveyed the ladies before him; the majority of his attentions were fixated on the new arrival--ah, Rhea was her name?—and her grotesquely gorgeous set of extra appendages that she so proudly sported. As Illynx explained the plight of the apparent kindred soul, the corners of Sin’s mouth may have dropped by millimeters; he inclined his head slightly to their dark-scaled guest. “You have my sympathies,” he said in a low voice layered with respect and the simmering adoration for those wings that bubbled behind his eyes.

*"She expresses regret for the actions of her parents, but dislikes the notion of having them removed…I fear I’m quite perplexed, you see… the laws of our mountain have long decreed that she is not allowed among us, but she is of a unique mind in comparison to the others I’ve encountered…”

Sin nodded in agreement. “Indeed so, M’lady,” he said delicately, turning his great, orb-like irises to rest upon his Mistress (and, of course, her adorable little griffon creature), “Miss Rhea here—that is to say, you, dear miss,” he added swiftly, quickly bringing his attention back onto Rhea, “have seemed to have escaped the ravages of the Pegasus’ mental affliction; why, you’re quite pleasant company for a winged fellow!” Aithniel had been pleasant too, though perhaps that was only by cause of her cherubic qualities; Sin still couldn’t quite follow how the child really felt about the poor Philosopher.

He pondered for a matter of moments as Illynx raised her inquiry: Could a winged creature be redeemable? His eyes continued to rove over Rhea’s body, for it seemed as though this was quite the appropriate moment for such manners. Finally, the Haruspex released a gentle sigh, having reached a decision. “….Please understand, Miss Rhea, that what I’m about to say is for your benefit as much as ours,” he spoke in a mild, academic tone, blinking exactly once, his tail weaving behind him a few times as he came up with the most appropriate phrasing for his verdict. “You seem lucid and most sound of mind now, my dear, and indeed, I can foresee your future value as a member of our grand brotherhood. Yes…

“Only….I worry for the stability of your bearing in future times—will you remain so lucid your entire life? Will you keep to our doctrines and covenants—or will you discard them, changing your mind and abandoning your comrades? For Pegasi are as flighty as the birds whose wings they bear; one day you may think one way, the next, it may run rampant. I do not mean to judge you so hastily,”
he shook his head, monocle rattling ever so gently against the bones of his face, “I’m only trying to look out for the best interests of the security of our herd.” He turned to Illynx then, a queer gleam sparking into his eye. “I propose, M’Lady, that, should you decide to allow Miss Rhea into our ranks, she would be on a probationary period, to ensure her trust and stability?”

He turned back to Rhea; he donned his pleasant smile once more. “I also most urge you to reconsider the removal of your wings; it will save us all much strife and confusion in the future, for I do not ever want to see our former allies as enemies. If it’s the pain you’re worried about, don’t worry; I know of many methods of amputation that are virtually painless!” He didn’t mention that all of his previous patients were deceased—there was no need to go into details.

@[Rhea]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IMG Credit: ness094@deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
In The Eyes Of The Beholder - by Rhea - 08-19-2014, 07:17 PM
RE: In The Eyes Of The Beholder - by Illynx - 08-20-2014, 11:09 AM
RE: In The Eyes Of The Beholder - by Rhea - 08-20-2014, 02:11 PM
RE: In The Eyes Of The Beholder - by Illynx - 08-21-2014, 09:04 AM
RE: In The Eyes Of The Beholder - by Rhea - 08-22-2014, 04:59 PM
RE: In The Eyes Of The Beholder - by Illynx - 08-25-2014, 11:21 AM
RE: In The Eyes Of The Beholder - by Rhea - 08-25-2014, 11:25 PM
RE: In The Eyes Of The Beholder - by Illynx - 08-31-2014, 01:33 PM