the Rift

[OPEN] I like the smell of rain

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
Africa found Sikeax’s return gesture pleasant enough, though she had neither sought nor needed the favour herself. Obviously it was a token of their friendship, the warmth and selfless exchange only reinstated the worth of the growing bond between them, and the dappled mare’s taught shoulders relaxed beneath the tender touch of working lips. She was less a sensual creature than she had been in times gone by; needy stallions keen to abuse her giving, sensitive spirit had well and truly slain that side, but standing near the lovely Unicorn mare, desert sister, Africa felt at ease.

The rain did little to extinguish the marvellous flames as they danced on along her elegant crest, all throughout the lavish length of thick mane, and her tail too hanging limp and saturated between her hocks. It did little to sour her mood, seemed to cleanse her mind as it did the dust from her coat. Occasionally, as she sheltered in Sikeax’s close company, her coat would flinch as the cupped leaves building the canopy above gave way and minute streams spilt down upon her; but she was comfortable enough there.

The Starry-Eyed noticed easily the sobering transformation of the other mare which had seemingly worsened since even as recently as the herd meeting. As she preened and nuzzled, running lips carefully across the withering champagne frame, the quiet concern began to cloud her thoughts- that was, until the Unicorn began to speak....

Africa was intrigued, a party? She paused her grooming to glance by her sister’s gaunt face and smile, portraying her interest and nodded gentle encouragement. Perhaps that had taken place after the first time she’d ventured home (there had been many after all- the Sultana’s workload was infinite). A mild wave of disappointment chilled her core and mottled, wet coat flinched vulnerably, cold already, and the storm grew still louder outside. IT might have been nice to catch up with old acquaintances, with Resplendence in particular, but there was little point in dwelling.

A thoughtful smile slithered across dripping features and the dappled mare stepped back from Sikeax, so that they were standing as near to front on as could be.

“What was the party for?” she asked quickly, curious, remembering that recently an invitation to some similar even at the Basin had been left by the bridge. “I’m so glad you were there to represent us,” she added further, breath pluming as her voice slipped between curling lips, “...it’s such a shame more didn't take part with you. I can only imagine what a wonderful celebration it would've been- it was a celebration I’m guessing...” Africa craned her neck away from Sikeax for a second, tossing her face as she did so to clear her eyes of the matted forelock so determined to glue across her eyes.

[@[Sikeax], don’t apologise :) I hope everything is alright <3]

salsolastock | uplifting-stock | two-ladies-stocks
foxyfirewings & larfsalot @deviantart
subtlepatterns.com

Messages In This Thread
I like the smell of rain - by Africa - 08-19-2014, 09:22 PM
RE: I like the smell of rain - by Sikeax - 08-19-2014, 11:27 PM
RE: I like the smell of rain - by Africa - 08-20-2014, 08:31 PM
RE: I like the smell of rain - by Sikeax - 08-27-2014, 09:45 PM
RE: I like the smell of rain - by Africa - 08-28-2014, 08:07 PM
RE: I like the smell of rain - by Sikeax - 09-03-2014, 02:22 PM