the Rift

A world full of little things

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

From dust to dust

The trees swayed gently on an unseen breeze. Bark ruffled, grasses stirred, and suddenly the God simply was. Bits of dirt clumped in his thick mane, as if not wanting to be apart from that which created it. Bark fell from his shoulders, as he moved from beneath the canopy towards the two. Unlike most days, today the God looked tired. His dealings with Ampere had tested the very limit of his capacity to endure the stupidity of mortals, and it had taken the last ounce of willingness that he currently possessed, simply to be here with the two now. These emotions were apparent upon his features - his normally kind and patient gaze was hard and impatient. The rugged handsomeness of his features were distorted by frustration and anger. Even so, he had come, for he loved those who dwelt in the Falls, and he would not leave his new Storyteller ignored.

He had heard their words, but for now, merely nodded distantly to Midas. His dark gaze rested upon Drom, as he forced a smile and nod. "You may call me whatever you wish, child." He began evenly, in a voice that was not without warmth. "There have been many Storytellers before you, little one. You have been chosen, for you have much potential. I am here should you need me, but always remember that your actions must serve the interests of this herd above all else. " His smile widened now, as it became more genuine. The girl was small, but her heart was large, and her soul open. She might need some guidance now and then, but the God was confident she would fulfill her role well.

With a sigh, he turned to Midas. For a moment, he said nothing; forced himself to be silent. It would be all too easy to lash out at the paint as an outlet of his anger towards Ampere. Even if the Gallant deserved it, the God would not. Exhaling a breath to calm himself, he closed his eyes before beginning. "Midas." His voice was even and level as he spoke, but his words were laced with a distance rarely used with the dutiful paint. "I am disappointed in you. You have let the world harden you, which has clouded your judgement. You hold grudges against those who no longer pose a threat to you, and extend that hatred towards those who you don't even know. The Basin offered an alliance which the leadership of this herd declined. They have brokered peace with the other herds, and yet even in a time of mandated peace, you remain fearful. While I do not condone the actions of my brother, neither do I condemn them. You acted rashly, because you were afraid. Is that what I've taught you all these years Midas? To lash out out of fear?"

The God paused. His voice had risen nearly to a shout as he was speaking, and he could feel the ground beneath his hooves begin to shutter and dance. Taking a breath to once again calm himself, he continued. "The cause of the invitations might have been unknown to you at the time, but acting upon ignorance is even worse than acting upon fear. You might have asked the Basin, the questions lingering in your heart. "What is the party for? Why only unicorns?" and they would answer: "The party is a celebration of the unicorn race, and our patron God." Had you decided to burn the invitations then, after having some understanding, I might have understood."

CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
A world full of little things - by Midas - 08-20-2014, 04:07 PM
RE: A world full of little things - by God of the Earth - 08-23-2014, 06:27 PM
RE: A world full of little things - by Midas - 08-23-2014, 09:22 PM
RE: A world full of little things - by Midas - 09-29-2014, 05:09 PM