the Rift

Here comes the sirens, Here comes the law..

Giselle Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Giselle breathed a sigh of relief as Illynx decided it was best to leave the subject of her sister alone. Right now, it was best if she carried on hating her, for letting her down and taking away another piece of their familys' honour. It was best that she carried on believing that she was right, that she really was the chosen one, bitter for the fact that nobody had seen it bar her. It didnt matter that her sister was the one who had put herself forward, put herself in the firing line, bearing that responsibility alone, whereas Giselle had only yet to remain on the edge, muttering under her breath but refusing to step out of the shadow that she had most probably cast over herself. She hadnt quite the foresight to see that Pysche had only failed because she had stepped up to the plate, and she had yet to do anything of note, yet to take responsibility for anyone other than herself and the massive chip on her shoulder.

Perhaps that was why she had remained a loner, skulking on the edge of humanity since their little group had disbanded. It was easier that way, it meant that she only had to care for herself, stand up for herself and fight alone. It meant that in most ways, she could not fail, could not bring disrepute on the familys' honour. It gave her the apparent right to mock her siblings for falling short of the massive expectations that she had still actually to apply to herself. She remained in her bubble of naivety and narcissism, believing that she was better than all of them, but with nothing actually done to prove it. There was no-one there to question her, to push her forward, to call her out on her bullshit when she only hung around with herself. Nobody there to pull her from the bubble, and that was the way she liked it. But perhaps now, perhaps with Illynx at her side, now was the time to step up and show what she was made of, rather than constantly blustering about it to anyone who would listen, which was normally just herself.

The one who stood before her could well be the one to call her out on all her bull. They could power on together, as equals. Giselle had always felt inferior to everyone around her, so maybe now was her chance to ride on into battle next to equals, to comrades, to allies. She deserved that very chance, surely? Of course, she felt she was entitled to much more, but that was for another day. For now, she had to get herself in with Illynx and her clan at the basin. Then there would be time for power hungry plots and backstabbing. Giselle smirked at little at this, for power turned her on greatly.

What was frustrating her greatly however, was the direction that the golden one was taking with all the power that she currently held. Come on, peace, really?! Tranquillity between all herdlands?! As if! She had to be stopped, put aside if necessary. She wouldn’t feel any guilt if she had to be one the do it, it would be for the greater good after all. Her blood was calmed as Illynx started to talk again, for it turned out that it was all part of a master plan. It was genius really, not something that Giselle could have ever hoped to have thought of. Long term planning was definitely not a skill of hers, as hot headed as she was. Act now and consider later and all that, and perhaps that was why she had yet to succeed where the others had failed, for she consistently fell into the same traps and never learned from their mistakes.

She nodded sagely as the other explained her plan, it finally starting to make sense in Giselles sharp, fast paced cranium, filtering its way through the constant need for blood spill and war. She listened carefully to every word, soaking it all up, wondering in awe at the craftsmanship of it. She paused for a minute or so, digesting it, before choosing to speak; “So this Regime you speak of, who are they? Forgive me, only the most tantalising of rumours made it to me, where I lurked on the outskirts.” First things first, she needed to know who they were up against. “I see your point about the fangs and the roses, for most of course would choose the roses. Though I must say, I cant say I would be one of them, sickly things them roses!” She chuckled slightly, maw twisting slightly at even the thought of the nauseating smell of flowers. “But if roses is what is needed, then of course I can provide some, though every rose will have its thorn and all that..” She paused slightly before continuing, taking heed from her friend and talking quietly; “Tell me, how many bodies do you have now in this fledgling army of yours, and how many more do you think you will require? Would you allow me to sing of roses and fight alongside you?” She watched in sadness as her old friend turned from her, the look of pain was evident in her shining pools. “I think that your are right, better lead the lambs to slaughter believing they are going the meadow, that way the meat wont be so tough and gristly!” She giggled, a little manically, but she couldn’t help it, for she could see how well this was all shaping up. “Aye, it is better to be Deadalus, with his ball of string, than to be his son with his melted wax. Always better to be able to find your way back than to have no way forward. What is it they say? Insanity is repeating the same thing over and over and expecting different results. It would be best that we learn from the fallens' mistakes and improve upon them.” Finally, Giselle was starting to see the logically in forward planning, and it was making her a little giddy. “I sincerely hope you will allow me to follow by your side, it would mean a great deal to me.”

“ ”
Image by Dark

[[THIS IS TAMME. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO CLOSE ALL OF YOUR TABLE TAGS - THANK YOU]]

Messages In This Thread
Here comes the sirens, Here comes the law.. - by Giselle - 08-21-2014, 11:12 AM
RE: Here comes the sirens, Here comes the law.. - by Giselle - 08-21-2014, 12:21 PM
RE: Here comes the sirens, Here comes the law.. - by Giselle - 08-21-2014, 02:01 PM
RE: Here comes the sirens, Here comes the law.. - by Giselle - 08-22-2014, 12:17 PM
RE: Here comes the sirens, Here comes the law.. - by Giselle - 08-24-2014, 11:40 AM
RE: Here comes the sirens, Here comes the law.. - by Giselle - 08-27-2014, 02:49 PM