the Rift

[PRIVATE] A Precious Ball of Earth [God of the Earth, Midas]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

Midas' confirmation, or, explanation to the fact that he had not, in fact, died came as an immense relief, and Apollo felt himself deflating with the nervous breaths he had sucked into his gullet. His breath whooshed! out of the overo's nostrils in one large, relieved sigh, but the perpetual, boyish grin was quick to replace itself upon the horned stag's dark lips. So, he wasn't dead. Good! It meant more life for him.

As the golden-tipped form of his winged brother settled at his side, Apollo spared the gentle-hearted Czar a brief glance and a warm, jovial smile. The Merciful was glad that out of all of the souls that he knew, that Midas was the one to discover this place with him... Or, well. To be with him when he discovered it, anyway. From the words the flowed smoothly, and reassuringly, might he add, from Midas' lips, it seemed that the winged stallion had been here before.

"Oh..." Apollo murmured in understanding, slowly nodding his crystalline jeweled head once as though to further demonstrate it. Nothing else could leave his throat, however, as it became blatantly obvious that they were no longer alone, and as the magnificent form of the God of the Earth suddenly showed himself before them, the Merciful nearly startled.

"F-Father Earth!" The overo called happily, the same boyish grin spreading further upon his lips and the warm, honey-brown orbs of his eyes brightening like a colt receiving a gift. Oh, how wondrous! It had been a long, long time since Apollo had crossed path with his patron God, his most revered God, and as the God of the Earth began to speak and greet both he and Midas, a feeling of doubt slowly began to wriggle its ugly head within the Merciful's breast.

Was the Earthen God disappointed in Apollo's failure as a Chief? The monochromatic stallion himself had come to terms with his failures, of his past transgressions and had moved past them, but doubt was an repulsive, uncontrollable thing, and could show up much like an unwanted guest. The feeling, however, was quick to dissipate at the God of the Earth's gentle words and placid expression. He wasn't disappointed. Or so Apollo hoped.

"It's... It's very good to see you again as well, my Lord," Apollo murmured reverently, his mind catching back up to his body. The stallion dipped his horned head in a low, downwards arc in a form of a bow, gazing upwards towards the mighty Being before him beneath the fringe of an ebony forelock. "This place is beautiful. I... I don't believe I've ever stepped foot in such an atmosphere of tranquility."

Glancing to Midas, Apollo's boyish grin softened into a sheepish, genuine smile. Had he been capable of blushing, red flush would be quick to cross the high arches of the stallion's cheeks in a brief flare of embarrassment. He wondered if the God of the Earth knew of their close kinship formed by journeys and trials, and immediately knew that the God did know. He was a God!

"Yes, Father Earth... I... I've sought out others as per your instructions. Midas was one of those that I sought council with, and... I believe that I've learned what you intended for me to discover." The Merciful swallowed and paused, swirling his tongue about in his closed mouth as he collected the words that he intended to say. Hopefully the Earth God would deem him worthy of such a precious, special gift.

"I've learned a lot that I didn't know before. A bond is something precious, something sacred. Perhaps even to the point that the word 'bond' is far too pale to explain it. I've learned that... That a companion can feel what you feel; happiness, sadness, pain, anger, passion... That, spurred by such a precious intimacy with your companion, you would fight to protect it, to cherish it. Your breath becomes its breath, your eyes become theirs, and your hearts beat as one." It was so hard to describe something that he didn't know... But he hoped that his words were satisfactory. Briefly Apollo's gaze flicked upwards to where Fina flew overhead, and he sucked in a sharp breath in an effort to gain confidence.

"It isn't as much of a 'bond', per se, as a merging of souls; everything that you are no longer matters, because no longer are you one, but two. One can love a friend, a mate, a mother, father, or brother and sister. One can love a herdmate, perhaps even an item, and one can love and revere even Gods... But no sort of love can compare to the intimacy shared between a companion and a mortal. That's... That's what I have learned, Father Earth."

@[God of the Earth] @[Midas]

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Precious Ball of Earth [God of the Earth, Midas] - by Apollo - 09-06-2014, 09:49 PM