the Rift

[OPEN] Age Old Questions

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen

Listen to this while reading

A wind laced with a chilling touch ran through the field. It was eager to drape itself around all that it came across. Leaves edged in orange from nearby trees still followed in its wake. The grass had began to yellow at the brush of Orangemoon. Crickets sang their laments and the bats danced in an intricate ballet overhead. Placing each hoof in front of her delicately Rei was careful not to disturb the symphony of the night that surrounded her.

The leopard pegasus came to the center of the Heavenly Fields. How well the name suited the land. Above her a full moon rested in the sky dimly reflecting the light of his sister sun. It had to be wonderful to always have your family, or your partner just over the horizon. Each one always having the other. The moon would always have the sun, and the sun would always have the moon. One would be incomplete without the other.

So why mortals forced to deal with loss? If fate had deemed that the sun and moon would always have each other then why had it sentenced her family to such woes? Why did she have to be left to be incomplete?

"Why? Why!?" The first time it was only an implication of a question, simply a breath of a word passing from her lips. The second was a bold accusation. Guiltily she watched two startled quail flee from where they had planned to rest for the night. Once again the pegasus fell quiet.

Was there even a reason? Or was it all just a sadistic form of entertainment for the always watching Gods. If they were always watching why didn't they interfere? It wasn't that the world lacked compassion. It was the Gods that did.

No. That is wrong. The Gods have given the lands life. There is no greater show of compassion. Fate even reigns over the Gods themselves. A sigh passed her lips at the same time that an owl's mournful question filled the night air. Who? Whoo? it called out and the rest of the nighttime creatures paused to listen. Maybe they paused to think about if they knew the answer to its age old question.

Rei thought about it. She answered it. Rei, she thought, I am Rei and I am a bit lost. Maybe really lost. But there is more to life than this. And I am going to find it.

With the light of the hopeful stars alight on her back and a shadow across her face Rei turned to resume her patrol. It was her duty to carry on.
x - x
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

I…liked this northern wind. It rolled across my back and my quarters like some paradox of a blanket, soothing something raging inside of me, bringing smells that were wet and familiar; that reminded me of home. Of course, my home was destroyed and it was shitty and I hated….I hated someone for it. I dunno man. It was easier to be angry than it was to be sad, so I was angry.

I walked my ass up to this summit because it was familiar to me. It was the closest thing to a home that I had now; it was here that I reunited with Mesec that one awkward time, and also with Ma that other awkward time, when I almost literally drowned in tears and whatnot. It was even colder up here, too, even though it still managed to drop dew in the mornings and evenings; it was clinging to my hooves now, chilly and bright, sending jolts of energizing ice up my legs as I slowly browsed my way through the lessening grass. Or maybe it was just the last vestiges of mist that would probably start rolling in a whole lot more, sometime soon. Yeah, I knew this season. My birthday was somewhere during this time—and, shockingly, I really didn’t feel like yelling this time.

But I ended up yelling anyway because some yahoo decided to shriek something stupid (and familiar) across the calm of the night. I pinned my ears and I finished chewing and I scream-roared right back, without looking for them, “BECAUSE FUCK IT, THAT’S WHY!” It was the only answer I could give that made sense—and I gave an answer because—well—wasn’t it a question I had asked myself multiple times? And I had gotten an answer too; an answer that I wasn’t sure made an awful lot of sense anymore. Nothing makes sense, really. Well, okay, maybe it makes sense of some folk. I’ve tried to be sensible and I guess I ain’t really good at that.

So I continued grazing, because fuck it.

Roskuld</style>

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
Sikeax;
Ice winds screamed upon the Steppe, the first snowflakes she'd seen having finally thrown her out due to their rising violence. Every nerve felt alive and refreshed with the sensation of cold igniting them. The blizzards would then their wails whenever the monsoon season ended in the southern lands.
Left with the task of getting back to where she needed to be, a place foreign and unnatural to everything she bathed her eyes in. The trip seemed longer than before. Possibly it was because she'd been running on small legs, the same kind of night that robed her hanging in after the day hours. Only back then, every aspect to the night was different. For days there was no light, only glowing trees, the occasional flicker of light in the distance. The light of her horn never gave her the experience of total darkness through the whole time. That'd be her childhood, and because of that, she had never become fond of the brighter hours.
Mists paid her no mind, careful with every spot a gravestone shaded hoof could find a sure footing. Her ribs had came to be more and more noticeable in the months of cold air. Last minute binging would do her no harm.
Yet, as the wall of fog that shrouds the plain is pulled back like curtains being opened for a play at the theatre, she's come late to the show. A mare she knows from her headland is already there, while a smaller one of odder colouring bellows out words she has no idea are for. If she's yelling at the winged mare thoroughly coloured like Adrixaura, then Sikeax had every right to agree with them. The other Throatling had previously annoyed her when the incident with Cera occurred.
Her presence goes seemingly unnoticed if they were ignore the obvious glow of her horn, sticking out like a sore thumb. Having swung wde of them, her attention is split half-way between the pair.
"more words"
someday you'll see me buried in a fresh blanket of snow when we've grown very old
darkheart9595, lyotta & larfsalot @deviantart

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed