the Rift

[OPEN] Sugar 'n Vinegar
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
I was patrolling; as usual. Patrolling the borders as its silent guardian, mostly to keep watch for newcomers or greet kin that trailed in from the island. My gaze was alert but distant from the spot which held me. I thought about all that had happened recently, prayed quietly and mediated on each prayer. Wondering if there was even a correct answer.

“Forgiveness.” I whispered, into the wind, to nobody in particular. Gaze lidded shut, clinching upon my eyes until they wrinkled. A thing that usually came easy to me, now was hard in the making because of new demands on this title. In the Throat, I’d been free to harbor hidden resentment for the Basin and its crew.

But now, Earth was set to purge it from my soul – like clay upon a wheel I resisted it, and even in a small way resented that I had to struggle with demons that I’d been content in thrusting to the darkest portions of my heart. He’d know it was there all along. Known about my dislike for them and their kin – yet waited, until I could had finally realized the damage these emotions had.

“I don’t know how to change it…” my voice is soft, pleading almost. I’ll try, I’d promised.

Fina chortled from above, nudging my mind into the present moment. I blinked eyes open, the pools troubled and distorted. They sharpened moments later, sliding a protective mask across the storm that was ragging deep within me. Her gaze pulled me to a traveler down below, a Pegasus with not just a pair of wings, but two sets.

Intrigued and momentarily grateful for this distraction I slipped from this high perch and glided easily to the ground. A forced smile slipped across lips, “Hail, and welcome.” I called, alighting a fair distance away so not to disturb the lass with dust or its likeness. “Ye stands near Hidden Falls, might I ask for what purpose ye comes here?” She was weary, the strain of travel still hot upon face.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Sugar 'n Vinegar - by Muriel - 08-22-2014, 09:42 PM
RE: Sugar 'n Vinegar - by Midas - 08-24-2014, 03:56 PM
RE: Sugar 'n Vinegar - by Muriel - 08-24-2014, 04:29 PM
RE: Sugar 'n Vinegar - by Midas - 08-24-2014, 08:35 PM
RE: Sugar 'n Vinegar - by Muriel - 08-24-2014, 09:38 PM
RE: Sugar 'n Vinegar - by Midas - 08-31-2014, 02:33 PM
RE: Sugar 'n Vinegar - by Muriel - 09-17-2014, 12:59 AM
RE: Sugar 'n Vinegar - by Midas - 09-30-2014, 03:19 PM