the Rift

[PRIVATE] Gossamer Tears

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

A slow shake of a large golden cranium was what preceded any answer Kaj could conjure. Fond, almost. "Your word and wishes mean far more to me than you allow yourself to think Evangeline. If you wish me healed I will do so. Perhaps you cannot force me, but you would never need to." Kaj instinctively always held the opinions of his kin far above his own, took their word as gravely as he could and desired only to bring relief and happiness. If seeking out one of the Doctors helped ease the- worry?- from Evangeline's mind, Kaj would do it instantaneously. He merely sought her wisdom above the mending of his body, found peace of mind to be more valuable than current state of physical wellness. "Even so, I would hope to not bore you with something that could be considered so trivial. Though I do appreciate you helping regardless of that." Crown ducks subtly in emphasis, halfway shy with how he felt more like a ridiculous bowkneed colt than a King, seeking her out for such matters.

In the past she had known to break things down for him, and just as he was incapable of understanding Helovian idioms, the comprehension between his brain and heart was similarly muddled. Her tears caused a frown to curl at pale lips. Stepping forward he extended muzzle to the orange fae in silence, a gesture of support and companionship, but also an assurance that he would not pry until she desired to freely share her woes with him. What was more demanding of his immediate attention were the questions she posed- multitudes of them. And he answered them in turn, voice soft and contemplative despite the depth of tone, like thunder. "She brings me joy in simple times, but I am as eager to see her as I am you and many others. Perhaps more? And though I miss her presence when she is joyful, I do not feel incomplete without her." A tremble of stiffness tried to awaken in tired muscles at the next two words and he cast his gaze away from Evangeline, suddenly ashamed by the answer waiting like vinegar on his tongue. "In my old home lands, foals were cherished. But mating came from love, and many stallions found mates in other stallions. Mares were the superior, ruling gender. Stallion pairs beseeched and bought their services for foals. Foals were a transaction but were well loved. In Helovia, these relationships do not exist prominently. I desire foals more than anything," he strained, heart desiring to burst from his chest at the fierce, desperate recognition. "But I do not...I do not often see them with Kahlua. Or with any discernible features, in my dreams. Merely shadowed shapes of desire." Feeling as if he had gotten off track he cleared his throat sheepishly and looked up to gaze through the woven branches overhead, the lattice work intriguing but not enough to distract his line of vision from the blues of the sky where he found his thoughts.

"I find her actions, her quirks, both endearing and childish. I am fond of them, but partially exasperated by them as well. I would die for her, in a moment. Have put my life on the line to do just that. But I would do the same for any of the Edge, though my protectiveness is undoubtedly stronger with she. If she were to love another I would congratulate her, wish her the happiness she so seeks and deserves." Briefly in the back of his mind he wondered if that was bad. But who was he to forbid her? He would feel heartache perhaps, in measures, but not enough to be jealous or shattered to see her love another. Was it a sign, or merely another way he differed from the Helovians?

"She has left, before. But always returned. I would continue on, as I always have. I would think of her often, but I have found with my sister's death that such firm holds on memories are not healthy. I would attempt to not allow her to consume my thoughts, to continue on and live as I always have. Though I cannot assure I would fully forget her." Conflicted baby blues turned towards Evangeline with bated breath, seeking an answer in her eyes, anything at all that could tell him if he was worthy of Kahlua the way he wanted to be. Or if somehow the line Evangeline drew between loving and in love was one that would be of importance to his case.

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Gossamer Tears - by Kaj - 08-23-2014, 03:47 AM
RE: Gossamer Tears - by Evangeline - 08-23-2014, 01:32 PM
RE: Gossamer Tears - by Kaj - 08-23-2014, 04:12 PM
RE: Gossamer Tears - by Evangeline - 08-23-2014, 05:07 PM
RE: Gossamer Tears - by Kaj - 08-23-2014, 05:36 PM
RE: Gossamer Tears - by Evangeline - 08-23-2014, 06:00 PM
RE: Gossamer Tears - by Kaj - 08-23-2014, 07:22 PM
RE: Gossamer Tears - by Evangeline - 08-23-2014, 08:35 PM
RE: Gossamer Tears - by Kaj - 08-23-2014, 10:51 PM
RE: Gossamer Tears - by Evangeline - 08-24-2014, 12:50 AM