the Rift

[PRIVATE] Soft kitty warm kitty

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
The days are getting colder, and I feel that Frostfall is not far away now. My coat has grown out long, and I am prepared for the cold. I'm not foolish enough to think that the cold will not dig deep and find my bones, so I've kept in mind that Illynx mentioned the hot springs, in which I can perhaps keep myself warm. But that's not where I am now. Near the caves in which we sleep, the cave in which I sleep. But I'm not in it, instead, I sit in the warm sun on this chilly day, letting it heat my coat and the rest of my body. I wonder what it is like to be a normal, uninteresting equine, which a rather thin and coarse pelt, instead of the thick and luxurious one that I have. How do they even stay warm? It baffles me, but I suppose that's either something I'll come to learn with time, or otherwise never understand.

As I sit in the sun, I find myself remembering Zima, missing her. The months that we've spent together, learning together, learning ourselves and each other. Snuggling in our cave, hiding from the world. The world has not treated us well, why should we have any faith in others? But we've gotten strong together. My heart aches thinking of her... I want to go back to her, to be with her again. Or better, to bring her back with me to the Basin. Finding a place among others is good for us.. it offers protection that we can't find all on our own. I sigh sadly. Her warm canine body next to mine.. I wish, so dearly, that she was here. But I have more exploring to do here in Helovia, to make sure that this is the right place for us. When the time is right.. I will go get her.

Until then, this is a solo ride.

WC: 324
Tag: @[Beowulf]
Ugh, I'm sorry this is crap.

SAFFRON
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

Beowulf Posts: 48
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18Hh :: 8 winters HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Mykah :: Canadian Lynx :: None Eaglecry

Winter was coming. He could feel the chill in the air, smell the ice and snow that was to come.
He smiled his head raised to the sky and eyes closed, he was content. His favorite thing in life was returning and that pleased the Beast. His coat was even beginning to look more thick; if at all that was even possible, but it was and he was looking more and more like a fluffy bear than the unicorn title he wore.
Mykah was no longer staying so close to his side, she was off out in the boarders of the Basin, exploring. She was however close enough still for them to share some thoughts. Though hers just seemed to be food, sleep,food,sleep, sleep, sleep. He shook his head with a chuckle, not like she could see him, but it amused the guy how she could only think about two things and all he ever though about was Snow.
For once the guy was home, prowling around the safe heaven that everyone had left for the party. Now he would have gone, but since it was moved to warmer climates, he was not interested at all. And he had moved logs with his Queen and her son, all for nothing and now he had to store them away. Great.
First though, he was heading for a bath. Strange you think, but his winter coat coming through was making his skin itchy, where the old hair was falling away allowing room for the much thicker coat to arrive. A nice bathe would help quicken up this process he thought. Having known that from his last home. Each change of season they would all gather around the tar pools and hot springs, taking turns to bathe.
Flared nostrils picked up on a strange scent, something he had never come across before. Danger. He thought almost instantaneously, but the Beast never faltered in his step, he carried his was forwards with an almost confidence.

Mykah had felt his sense of danger, poking her head up out of small shrubbery, barely left with but a leaf. A sign that autumn was coming to an end. She bounded her way through the snow, her lush coat the perfect thickness to keep her warm in harsh winters. Sharp senses picked up on the newly found scent, something she had not come across either. The maturing lynx made her way towards the smells, with caution. She may have been a wild cat, but she was defiantly not of the largest, Being easy pray for mountain lions or snow leopards, whether they ate her or not.
Crouching low in the deep snow she was almost invisible to the weaker sighted, the orange and black striped creature up ahead was potentially the trail shed picked up on. Now making her way slowly, carefully in her direction. Her eyes flicked right, seeing her bonded heading the same way, just not as close as herself.

Popping up out of the snow just a few strides short of this new creature she hiss and bared her fangs towards them in a slightly hostile manor. A warning and slightly out of fear. The being was oh so much bigger than Mykah and could easily do some serious damage to her. Best keep your distance.

The Beast wasn't to far behind and after a few moments past by he arrived at Mykahs side, whom now hid behind him for protection and he slightly shy behavior. "Who may you be?" he asked, his words came slow and voice deep, carried over the wind, echoing between the mountain peaks and tree's. You could even say he was slightly daunting in the way he towered over this orange thing.

”Speech Speech.”

@[Saffron]

Love tames the benumbed beast.

[Image: beoicon_by_eagle_cry_designs-da14rlt.png][Image: 53377b251b35e]
*Please tag me in all posts. *Permission granted to cause bodily harm, use magic ect upon me. With the exception of death

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren

What comes along is not just a little foal like Rikyn or a sassy stallion like Thranduil. Instead, a very different pair approach. Out of the snow pops a smaller feline. She hisses at me, ears pinned against her furry skull. Behind her, a much larger, furry beast approaches. I can't tell at first what it is.. but after studying for a moment, I decide it must be one of those unicorn things. I jump up from the snowy ground and hiss back at the lynx as she jumps back behind the monstrous beast's legs. I quit hissing as he stops in front of me, but watch with wary eyes. If he's here in any friendly capacity, why have such a grumpy greeting? Does this beast and his... beast... know anything about proper manners and respect?

I want to sit, to relax as I was before. But this slightly blue-ish man is gigantic, and has very sharp points sticking from his skull. I'm not foolish enough to let my guard down. He asks who I am. Who are YOU, good Sir who brazenly interrupts my day? I puff my already thick-coated chest out and let my ears spin back, but don't pin them to my head. I'm not angry or afraid, just a little irritated as his approach. Rude. But I will stay respectful and do honor to tigers everywhere. "I am Saffron. And who are you, with your impolite lynx?" I glance unfavorably at her. "I assume that you live here in the Basin?" It would certainly make the most sense. I saw the Sentinels that guarded the entrance, it didn't make sense he would be here without being a member. Does he think that because I am a tiger they can approach willy nilly? For shame.

WC: 298
Tag: @[Beowulf]
It isn't even GOOD. Ugh.

SAFFRON
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.