the Rift

My Return
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
Our time here is brief, our risk enormous. Don't waste the one or increase the other, if you please.
I waited patiently, amused and never tiring from watching his expression furrow, obviously under intense thought. The way little brows drew together, as if he was applying every ounce of concentration into this riddle – the lad brushed something within me, that paternal instinct which had led me to adopt Cera back in those early years. Ebony lips curled into a higher beam when his moment of realization crossed those creamy features, it hit dark eyes first, sparking them with a cunning light. The correct answer fell from his lips, “Yar, say true.” This boy had landed upon proper footing, crown bobbed approval – a wave of mane slipping across forehead and covering my unadorned brow.

Said boy then moved to speak again, drawing a little closer until we were nearly head to head. Childish gaze darted daringly left and right, as if assuring that we were truly alone. High tone lowered to a hush, I leaned in further, holding still as those soft vocals moved to reveal what I could only guess to be some sort of curious truth. A mock frown momentarily chased aside a pleasant smile – giving all appearance that this was a very serious matter to which we were about palaver upon.

His answer was simple and straightforward, the unicorn child pulled away, grinning all the while and awaiting a reply. To which I acknowledged with a knowing grin of my own and light laugh, “Aye, say true again, Caenan.” This little sprout was as sharp as his horn, “and ye may call me, Midas.” A rich chuckle flowed between the folds of throat and slipped past my teeth, sounding foreign to these battle worn ears but also not unpleasant.

“Tell me, what brings ye to these woods?”

Table by Tamme
Art by Aud
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
My Return - by Caenan - 08-24-2014, 01:26 PM
RE: My Return - by Midas - 08-24-2014, 09:31 PM
RE: My Return - by Caenan - 08-24-2014, 10:54 PM
RE: My Return - by Midas - 08-26-2014, 10:21 PM
RE: My Return - by Caenan - 08-31-2014, 09:38 PM
RE: My Return - by Midas - 08-31-2014, 11:05 PM
RE: My Return - by Caenan - 09-01-2014, 10:16 PM