the Rift

[PRIVATE] Right Kind of Wrong

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit

EVEN ANGELS HATE THEIR HALOS

Had Lakota known the consequences of her actions, she would not have attempted to lighten the atmosphere. She could only guess Ktulu's instincts were far worse to deal with than her own, especially as a newly-turned predator. Instead, she flicked the long angelic span of her tail fin (maybe she could get used to this, if only because the gossamer satin of the fins were so pretty) and spun away from Ktulu's form and further into the depths of the bloody-stoned water. It seemed she could not completely ignore the call that tore her further from her mate, even as she fought it with all her might. Instinct was hard to fight, and even harder to combat when faced with a situation that inspired something as basic as fight-or-flight. And with her current physical form, neither were really an option. Her little heart couldn't seem to calm, even as she internally snarled at herself to calm the fuck down. She didn't want to fear the only one that had ever made her feel loved and worth it, the one who had accepted her despite all her flaws.

Bubbles escaped her lips at Ktulu's witty quip, popping into the air with the streams of her laughter heralded on their pale canvases. It was a welcome distraction, the banter between the two that they'd had as long as she could remember. Since they'd met, they were on the same wavelength, and their witty battles had turned to flirtatiousness rather easily. "At least I don't literally preen myself," she shot back playfully, only to be taken by surprise as Ktulu whirled around and suddenly began screeching at the sky.

Instinct be damned, she wasn't going to let her mate be alone in her distress, whether it be anger or otherwise.

Flicking her fins she wiggled as close as she could to the shallows where Ktulu was pacing and scratching at the soft earth, nearly beaching herself (was that even possibly as a fish or was that just for whales and larger mammals?) to get closer to her mate. She couldn't comfort her, not in her current form, but her own reaction to Ktulu's anger was to be at her mate's side. Despite her reluctance to listen, to accept that they really had to just sit and wait it out like trapped mice, Lakota knew Ktulu was right.

"I'm sorry, Ktulu. I expected something we could actively push back against, not...this." Finishing lamely, she awkwardly swam in circles, decidedly uncomfortable and nearly...bored. What were they supposed to do? "I don't see what more we're supposed to do to prove ourselves like this," she hissed unhappily, slapping her fin against the top of the water in frustration. Why couldn't they have been awarded a quest that actually made sense? One that actively tested their limits and loyalty to their desires? Lakota simply couldn't grasp the purpose, the meaning, behind this quest. "Well I love you, feathery or not," she laughed softly, big purple eyes gazing out of the water towards the bird that was her mate.

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Right Kind of Wrong - by Lakota - 08-25-2014, 08:13 PM
RE: Right Kind of Wrong - by Ktulu - 09-15-2014, 10:19 PM
RE: Right Kind of Wrong - by Random Event - 09-16-2014, 11:37 PM
RE: Right Kind of Wrong - by Lakota - 10-12-2014, 12:06 AM
RE: Right Kind of Wrong - by Ktulu - 10-26-2014, 05:57 PM
RE: Right Kind of Wrong - by Lakota - 11-02-2014, 07:03 PM
RE: Right Kind of Wrong - by Ktulu - 11-07-2014, 12:22 AM
RE: Right Kind of Wrong - by Lakota - 11-24-2014, 10:41 PM
RE: Right Kind of Wrong - by Random Event - 11-25-2014, 12:47 PM