Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
C
I
R
R
U
S
The island in the sky is much as it was the first time I came here. I'm not sure what brought me back - perhaps it was the sense of belonging to a place without actually having to belong, the ability to join in an activity without having to commit to my fellows.. Was it cowardly of me? I longed for their acceptance, and yet I could not outwardly request it - I longed for their attention, their approval, and yet I did nothing to earn it. I could not venture to the very borders of their herdland, for that would assuredly gain their attention - but wasn't that what I wanted?

I sighed, as my cerulean gaze roamed over the edge of the island, looking decidedly south, over the volcanic smokiness of the Veins and onto the pristine beaches that edged my former home. I knew there were those who would recognise me still living there, but did they still know me? Would they want to?

Another sigh drips from my darkened lips. I begin to walk, my head low, my lips snatching at the grass which grows upon this mysterious cloudy loam. It does little to fill the hole within me. My fractured soul aches with your absence, and like I do every day of my sad, lonely existence, I wish once more that you were beside me, that your wise, comforting voice was speaking to my very soul, that you were here to guide me once again. But you aren't.

I am broken from my sad reverie by what could only be described as the sound of some poor creature dying. My ears prick but then bounce down to hide amongst my dark tresses, my tiara darting about as I try to spot whomever it is ruining the peaceful happenings of this island. A stallion, doing everything possible to make himself noticed, comes into view, and my sapphire kissed eyes roll in their sockets before returning to study the loam between my forelegs. I keep walking, shuffling my wings by my side, praying to avoid any social interaction this day - somehow I knew I wasn't going to be so lucky.

@[Gull]
Image Credit
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    Flirting with Disaster - by Gull - 08-26-2014, 02:41 PM
    RE: Flirting with Disaster - by Cirrus - 08-29-2014, 05:57 PM
    RE: Flirting with Disaster - by Gull - 09-04-2014, 01:39 AM