the Rift

[PRIVATE] Hey Daddy

Krieger Posts: 43
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18.2 :: Seven Buff: NOVICE
Parelia
Krieger
The beast moved over the snow with ease his massive hooves crunching softly with each step. Snow was an amazing thing, cold and sounded like bones which were two of his favorite things. Well besides his children, but it had been made very clear to him that he was not wanted. Sighing heavily the stallion allowed the strange feeling of grieve to consume him. How was he supposed to get to know about his kids if they weren't allowed to see him. He was sure Delinne had given birth to their child, but he knew better than to try and see his newest baby. He would have gone anyway, except he was sure Delinne would snap his horn off, if he was lucky. The alabaster and scarlet stallion did not want to traumatize his young baby all because he wanted to see it.

He twirled the blue feather between his blunt teeth enjoying the prize he had won. While his brain worked his feet moved him through the Aurora Basin and onto the plains of the Frozen Arch. Krieger longed to really know his young twins that bore his barbed wire markings. What confused him most about his new found emotions was that he wanted to be around his young filly most. He had been oddly drawn to her ever since he had cleaned her when Kiara had fainted. She had come out with her odd horned head already intact which was why her mother had passed out. Krieger's body halted upon a rise the mid day light sparkling off the powdery snow causing his massive body to be framed against the Orange Moon sky.

--------------------------------------------------
Words: 275
OOC: @[Adelric] First and final meeting for the family ='[ Sorry the opening sucks so bad! If it helps you can powerplay Zunden in the first post incase you want him to be following her or something lol.
"Talking" 'Thinking'
Image Credit
Please tag Krieger! All degrees of attacking is fine besides killing him, besides power-play(ask permission!)

Adelric Posts: 101
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3hh :: 1.5 [Birdsong]
Tobias :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Sevin
Adelric
The curious, plaintive boy crunches through the snow with the growing fawn at his side. The island had been great, a lovely place he was sure, but he had found no enjoyment in the floating land. He did not find it odd the way some of the adults did- it was all he had ever known, of course- but he had only one real friend in this land and the colt had not been upon the island. Zunden had been there, at least, but although he loved her he was not sure she had the thoughtful mind he needed to help him understand the vastness of the relationship that he held with young Tobias.

“Zunden,” he had called to her as they had snuck away from the meeting. “I need your help. I need your protection.” He had hoped that appealing to her inner warrior would encourage her to follow him. He walks across the snow, headed with purpose towards the Basin. He needs Zunden in case he gets in trouble at the border, but he has finally decided that he can wait no longer to go see Erebos. Or at least, that was his intent. A shame that his plans would once again be interrupted. Or perhaps not a shame, this one time.

As he treks across the snow, Zunden hopefully behind him and not having wandered off from boredom of his silent, but intent walk, he catches sight of something across the snow- something... massive. “Zunden,” he hisses, but already his mind is wandering. Massive beast with barbed wire. He thinks of Zunden's limb and of the collar the circles his neck. He thinks of every other horse he has ever seen, and for once he is glad for his smart mind. Will Zunden have thought of it already, or will it take her longer? He hopes it will take her longer... He often tries to let others win, to be better than him, to be first, but there is one thing he takes pride in- his brain. Besides, Zunden can't be great at everything, right?

“Hey!” he calls out loudly, quickly closing the distance between himself and the beast, hoping to every god that exists that Zunden had followed him. He remembers nothing but the briefest flashes of his father, but he knows without a doubt that this is the man that has left him alone for the first six months of his life. But he is surprisingly not angry, he is only sad, and his voice reflect his sorrows as his bi-colored eyes look up (so far up!) to the Basin warrior. “Why didn't you find us?” And he waits for an answer, just wanting to know. What had kept his father? Behind him, the fawn lingers, watching the happenings with silent but knowing eyes.

@[Zünden]
Image Credit
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Adelric at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Adelric unless it is in an opening post

Zünden Posts: 75
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.3 :: Four [Birdsong] HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Pare
Zünden

The never ending meeting had deified all odds and ended the siblings carefully slipped away. She, personally, did not want her mother to call them back after getting onto them for ranging off; even though she had just reprimanded her brother. It wasn't like they were still little foals that needed to be watched every second of the day. 'I mean really? I don't even need her anymore!' Pushing away the nasty thoughts so her sweet brother wouldn't have to suffer her horrible attitude. Mismatched eyes roved over hie bay speckled hid and his new little fawn. Jealousy bubbled up in her causing her kissers to pull into a grimace. It was odd to feel this way about her brother, the filly did not want his brains or his single nubby horn, but she wanted her own fawn. 'Well not a fawn, maybe something that eats others.' The grimace lightened between a grimace and a smirk at the thought of a creature that loved her, but would take her enemies down for her.

His words startled her out of the dark twisted thoughts, 'My help and protection?' Lifting her head high she felt like a dark knight being asked to show her skills. Smirking the filly moved after her brother slowly moving to his side. "Where are we going?" In all truth, she really didn't care, but felt it would be nice to ask him. It was up to him if he wanted to give her the answer or not, the storm filly didn't care. The snow crunched briskly under her hooves as she moved beside her brother matching his pace easily. her mind roved to the Basin, would the strange grey mare throw her out if she found her without the Bronze? 'Pfft let her try!' Snorting softly she watched the warm mist flow away from her nostrils.

Adelric's hissing of her name drew her to a halt head and ears instantly flying up ready to do what he had brought her along for; there was huge hulking frame in front of them. Attempting to move in front of her kind brother she lowered her dagger studded head snorting her displeasure. There was no fear within her young heart, call it stupidity or bravery if you want, but she would not allow Adel to get hurt. Fear does enter her heart as her brown brother moves passed her calling out boldly to the monstrous stallion. Following Adel she watched the white beast, and as her eyes watched him recognition slammed into her.

The light behind him had made it hard for her to pick out the matching barbed wire draped over his white pelt. With trembling knees she approached. Her voice was soft and uncertain, "Dad, is... is that you?" A smile spread over her face as she look in his powerful build, his extreme height, and his many scars. Right then and there she knew she wanted to be just like him, a battle hardy mare, ready to kill whenever directed too. The harsh words drew her back to her sibling, ears flattened as she turned on him. "Don't speak to him like that!" Her anger vanished slowly, like mist in the sun, as she looked at his own different colored eyes. Why hadn't he come to find them? She wanted to know just as bad has her brother, but did he have to ask in such a mean way? Turning her frame back to the alabaster stallion she waited as well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Words: 584 "Talking" 'Thinking'

Image Credit

Deceased
Parelia
Krieger
Standing on the rise the stallion's single yellow eyes gazed at the sky oblivious to the world around him. He didn't even hear his children approaching until they were both upon him. The sweet girlish voice dripped into his ears causing him to start. The word dad buzzed around in his head as he lowered his massive head to look at his twins. His young, Adelric, colt was almost glaring up at him, while his filly, Zünden, was staring at him in admiration. A smile spread over his face as his thunderous voice rumbled forth, "Hello Adelric and Zünden." Joy filled his hulking body as he took in the strength in his foals. They were both growing quickly, so different from the small wet lumps he had watched as they stood for the first time.

His son's question and sad voice distressed him slightly and he lowered his head down to the bay colt's head and gazed into his mismatched eyes. He couldn't help but chuckle as Zünden defended him, turning his head slightly, minding his horn, he spoke again, "Hush Daughter it is ok." His voice was not angry just firm. Turning his attention back to his son, completely forgetting to hide his glossy eye, he addressed them both, but meeting Adelric's eyes, "I haven't come to see you two because it was against your mother's wishes." He paused watching his son closely before turning to catch his daughter's reaction. His thunder rolled again, "She is not all at fault my doves," taking a deep breath he reviled his secret, "Your mother was not very... respective to my advances." Watching his youngsters almost fearfully he waited for them to yell or scream, maybe even kick or bite him.

He felt ten times lighter after explaining how they had been brought into the world. Speaking again his voice dripped with his love for them, "With that being said, I want you to know that we both love you very dearly. You mean everything to me, and it has been VERY hard not to see you. I've wanted to come see you ever since I was forced to leave when you were both born." Krieger smiled softly and reached dipped his head between the two of them, hoping they would both accept his tenderhearted affection. Zünden leaned her small frame against his dome enjoying his touch. It was funny to him how they were only slightly larger than his head.

As he opened his eyes the seeing eye fell upon the young fawn standing a little off watching them. "And who is that little fellow?" After a moment he pulled away and gazed down at the two. His heart swelled with pride as he looked at them; wondering who the small fawn belonged too. After he was answered his voice rumbled again, "So tell me about yourselves, what do you both like to do?" Smiling softly he hoped one would speak and the other would wait, but who knew what kids would do.

Words: 502
OOC: Fianlly they get to love on eachother!
"Talking" 'Thinking'
Image Credit
Please tag Krieger! All degrees of attacking is fine besides killing him, besides power-play(ask permission!)

Hidden Account
Adelric
“We're going to the Basin,” he had answered her while they had walked, but would not deign to answer any more questions if she had asked them. He was busy contemplating. How to present himself to whoever would greet them at the gate, how to prevent any bad attention, how to be allowed to enter in search of Erebos... But with the appearance of daddy-dearest, it seems that all of his thinking will go to waste for now. He doesn't say it allowed, but he is truly grateful that Zunden has been so quick to jump ahead of him and block his way- to save him. Oh, how he loves his sister. They are so different and yet... Together they make quite a team.

Admittedly, he is mildly upset when Zunden chastises him for asking where their father has been, not knowing that she thinks the same thing in her head, but he is easily enough distracted by his father's rumbling bass of a voice. Will he sound like that one day? His foalish voice is nothing like that, so high pitched and dainty... Will he be strong and loud, booming to be heard even when he tries to whisper? Somehow he doubts it, but as he looks at his strong-willed sister he knows that she will command a room without even trying. She will stand tall while he slinks in the shadows, she will lead while he will follow, but he does not mind. So long as she lets him, he will stay near her.

As his father's head comes down to his level, the colt grows wide-eyed. Father or not, Krieger is a massive beast and it is strange to have something so large so close to his head. But his disconcerted frown grows to a smile as his father tells his sister to hush. But then he listens, just listens, and his father has so much to say. His mind clicks as he considers the possibilities. His mother did not want him near? He approached her without her consent? The words digest and he wonders if he should be angry at this man that he calls father, upset at him for hurting his mother? But how could he be? He has placed the gray beast on a pedestal, raised him up in his head so high, longed so many days for this meeting... He cannot be upset, but his smile slowly fades. He was correct to think that his family is broken because of him. And he will allow himself to take all the blame, for his mother has said that he came first before Zunden. He is minutes older, and so he will act the part of older sibling and shoulder this sorrow himself.

He does not even hesitate to lean in and press his head against his father's own, careful of the horn the protrudes from his head. “That is Tobias,” he answers a moment later. “He was given to me in an egg by a strange creature when I correctly completed his puzzle.” Cautiously, the fawn approaches, but still stays somewhat behind the others. Adelric can feel his apprehension and no amount of cajoling can bring him closer. Tobias is like Adelric in some ways, in that he prefers to think rather than act. He is still thinking about the beast that the children stand so close to.

“I like to think and collect knowledge,” he answers then, not sure what else it is he really enjoys. “Where did these markings come from? Why do we have them?” Of course, he is referring to the barbed wire. But he does not speak for long, instead yielding the floor to his sister who will likely have much more to say. He will let her speak what she wants- they will all be happier that way, he is certain.

@[Zünden]
Image Credit
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Adelric at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Zünden Posts: 75
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.3 :: Four [Birdsong] HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Pare
Zünden
Excitement bubbled in her breast as Adel told her where they were headed. Did he know their Father lived in that frozen world, or was he going to see someone else? Either way the storm filly hoped that they would see their mysterious father. If she hadn't bee fantasizing about her dad she might have wondered why her usually talkative brother was being so quiet. Either way he mind was on her father until the made it to the snow. Once they made it to the shimmering frozen water, the filly became more alert. She would be damned if she allowed the three of them to be surprised by a warrior party.

Even trying so hard not to be surprised their father had popped up on them. 'At least this is a good surprise.' After she snapped at her brother, Zünden felt terrible. She felt even worse as well as embarrassed as Krieger told her to hush. Zipping her lips the young filly lowered her head for a moment in shame. His voice did not come as a shock to the filly though, clearly a large stallion like the beast would have to have booming vocals to match his size. His words did startle her though. Her loving smile drifted to a sour grimace as he spoke. Zünden did not blame her slightly older brother, even though she did not see him as the older one, she did not blame herself. She blamed her equine mother. How did she expect to raise two foals without even allowing their brother to visit? Anger flashed in her eyes as she pressed against his huge head. Her voice was a choked whisper, "I love you to Dad." She smiled softly showing that she did have a kinder side to her.

She allowed her brother to speak and tried to bump him playfully on the hip with her own encouraging him to be open with their might warrior. Pride filled her as she listened to her brother blinking kindly at him. She would have to start being nicer to her philosopher sibling. She might not always show it, but she did love him dearly. Her own foal voice bubbled forth, "Adelric is the smartest person I know." She smiled warmly moving her gaze over the two males happy to finally be with both of them. She was also curious as to why they were all marked in the red and black markings, but she would never have thought to ask it. Really looking at her father she noticed the bright yellow eyes. A small gasp hissed from her muzzle as she looked closer at his eyes. "Father, what happened to your eye?" Being polite was not one of her strong suits when something surprised her.

Pulling her small frame up she showed off her prideful nature and spoke about what she liked. "I like to fight. I want to be a warrior, just like you Dad." Smiling almost feeling shy she looked at her scarlet and alabaster warrior father. "I also like following my brother around and making sure he doesn't get into to much trouble." She winked at Adel only half joking. She would lay her life down if it meant she could save her dear bay brother. "Is it true you really live in the Basin? Could I come and live with you?! I'm old enough now!" Excitement filled her chest as she held her breath waiting for his reply.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Words: 587 "Talking" 'Thinking'

Image Credit

Deceased
Parelia
Krieger
Krieger watches his young brood quietly the rare smile lighting up his usually sullen features. This was the proudest moment of his evil twisted life. How could a stud like him have made such wonderful foals? 'It must be their mother's blood.' He thought silently taking in their barbed wire like markings, stout bodies and legs. Sighing softly as his two foals listened to his confessions, he wondered if they would hate him now. Or were his children just as cold hearted as he was? The beast watched his son as the innocent smile slipped from his brown face. Did he hate him, and if he did would Adelric tell him? Squinting calmly Krieger examined his son; he was sure he could see a wicked thought rolling around in the young male's brain. Keeping his silence he turned towards his storm on hooves curious on how she would take it. He could tell from her proud stance that she would be a leader, she would demand retribution.

He was surprised by his youngsters, the only thing they did to let onto their unhappy feelings was their smiles slip. Thunder rumbled from his massive chest, "Tell me children, be honest, who do you blame for this?" Pulling his dome up slowly he watched the pair quietly hoping his size would draw forth the truth. If they did not want to speak he would accept that, but unwillingly. Lowing his head once more to them the beast nuzzled his children. Zünden's sweet words rolled within his mind and he wished Adelric had said the same thing as well. 'Oh well, maybe one day they will both come to love me as I do them.'

The beast smiles softly at his bay speckled son as he introduced the fawn, and explained how he had been given to him. "It's a pleasure Tobias. You better watch out for my son." Eyeing the brown deer he shifted his attention to Adelric before speaking again, "I am very proud of you my son." As Zünden piped up about her brother's smarts causing him to smile brighter because his kids got along so well.

The filly's question surprised him so he lifted his head up slightly in agitation. Reminding his angered mind that she was only a foal he swallowed the lump in his throat and prepared to speak. Before his voice rumbled forth Adelric spoke again asking about the marks they all shared. Thinking for a moment he did speak, hoping his vocals would boom over anymore questions, "I am blind in one eye, because another I was fighting hit right above my eye and knocked it out of whack. As for our markings, I assume that's what you're talking about them." He paused waiting for confirmation, before talking again, "I can't remember my sire or dam, but I figure they had them as well. Somethings are passed down from mother and father to foals. It's clear to see you each have my markings, one of my eyes, Adelric has my short tail, and Zünden has my short temper." His own temper gone a smile covers his muzzle again before playfully bumping his daughters neck, and attempting to do the same with his bay son.

He listened quietly as Zünden mentioned fighting and protecting her brother. Lowering his head to look at the pair of them again, his vocals rolled forth serious this time, "You both have to promise me right now, that you both will watch out for each other. I know that you two are very different; that is not a bad thing. If you're ever in a fight together, Adelric will be able to find the opponent's weaknesses and Zünden will be able to exploit them. Always love and value the other, you only get one family." Letting his hard single eyed gaze soften he addressed them once more before falling silent, "I would love for you to come and live with me, but think of your mother. How would she feel if you just left her? That being said, you are able to make your own choices now, if you do pick to come to the Aura basin with me, you must not tell them you are only half unicorn. This is EXTREMELY important because the majority of them are racist and do not approve of other races. If even one of you comes to the Basin, you both most have the same story about your lineage, so you will not get the other in trouble."

Words: 754
OOC: Sorry it took so long! I've been swamped and it took forever to address everything lol! <3
"Talking" 'Thinking'
Image Credit

Hidden Account
Adelric
As they press against their father’s head, Adelric wonders if he should offer love to his father the way Zunden had. He has idolized the man, certainly, but in his own quiet way. Does that count as love? Does the feeling he gets when he examines the connection between himself and Tobias occur when he considers the emotion between himself and his father? He would think more about it, but his turning mind is interrupted by a question from his father and a new series of questions to mull over. He doesn’t immediately answer, looking back to Tobias. For what? For security? He lets the thought stew for a minute as he listens to Zunden’s words.

When she compliments him, he’s suddenly sorry he didn’t offer his own compliment for her, and he adds, “She keeps me safe. I couldn’t do it myself.” Oh, how he only wants her to like him, and how he’s still not convinced that she does. But she must a little, if she considers him to be so smart. Another mystery for life- he’ll have many days to ponder it in the future, he’s certain. He has no other purpose in life right now.

At least his father’s compliment leaves the half-child smiling again, and the fawn bleats softly in response to the beast. But then real interesting words come from his father’s mouth. A story of eyes, a story of his swirling markings, and finally the half-child’s smile stays, settling happily on his lips. A fight that destroyed his eye? Adelric looks cautiously to Zunden, his eyes seeming to say to her to be careful of her eye when she fights, even though his voice does not. Turning back, he nods to his father regarding the markings, all the while considering the implications of genetics and traits passed from mother and father to child. It’s a curious subject and he finds himself intrigued.

“I’ll always help her,” he promises his father, eyes drifting between Krieger and Zunden. If only that promise meant more than just the words he could offer. But he’ll hold it dear to his heart. If he can help her, he will. And when his father extends his hoof, allowing them into the Basin, Adelric’s mind begins to swirl. When he finally speaks, his eyes are downcast. “I blame myself for all of this father. I didn’t force you and mother to create us, but everything since then is my fault. Mother looks at me and I think I make her sad. Maybe I remind her of you. You never visit us… you wouldn’t have to stay away from mother except that I’m there. I make Zunden upset, I think, when I start to talk about all the things I think about…” He sighs.

“Maybe…” he turns to Zunden now, speaking to her instead of father and the deer. “Maybe if we went to the Basin, mother wouldn’t be so sad all the time. She might be sad for a little while… but I think she would be happier if we left.” Is he convincing her or himself? Maybe he only needs her to agree with him to make him come. It would kill him to leave his mother, but it would kill him just as much to leave his sister. He only needs her to cajole him, gently, for him to follow her with his heart and life.

@[Zünden]
Image Credit

Deceased
Parelia
Krieger
Krieger smiles softly watching his two children, the only ones he would be allowed to see. In the beast's mind there was no lady that would ever love him enough to carry his spawn, then allow him to fully be part of it's life. He would never be able to watch one of his spawn grow from the time they were conceived to his dying breath, but he had this time now. He would not miss a single second with his twins, not unless they told him to fuck off. Zünden smiled up at her father completely unaware of the turmoil bubbling under his massive hide. Her different colored eyes flicker excitedly up at her monstrous father enjoying his company. At Adelric's words her smile turns to him and she dips her horned head slightly embarrassed by his praise.

Her father's words catch her off guard, she would have thought it clear as to who was to blame for this; their mother. A flash of anger burned briefly in her eyes as she listened to the story and how things were passed down from parents to children. What really intrigued her was the story of her father's sightless eye. Her own yellow lantern found his blank one, 'I'll have to be careful when I fight.' She glanced at Adel and could tell he was thinking the same. She offered a small smile agreeing to watch out for those kinds of moves. Krieger smiles as the fawn bleats back in response to his words. He knew Tobias would take care of his son, until the day he died, which he hopped would not be anytime soon.

As Adelric promises to look after Zünden he turns to her raising an eyebrow waiting expectantly. The storm filly's smile turns serious for a moment as she nods, "I will always look after my brother and Tobias." The beast nods his own crown turning back to the spotted bay boy. His words cause the smile upon his, and Zünden's, lips to vanish as they both stare at him. The filly's mouth opens slightly before clamping shut in anger. How could he think he was to blame when the fault sure lies with their mother? Krieger stands stiffly allowing his son to speak until his brain has run out of words, Zünden on the other hoof has different ideas. Her voice cuts across his words before he can speak of the Basin.

"Adel, don't you ever say or even think that you are the reason all of this has happened!" Her hetero-chromatic eyes flash with a silent threat. "If I ever hear you say that again, I'll... I'lll..." Words fail her as she moves to press against his side trying to hide the tears in her eyes. How could he think that she didn't like him. "I love you Adel, and I always will no matter what path you follow. Our mother is to blame for all of this. She is weak minded and unwilling to allow or father to help raise us. It is all her fault that you have to think it is your fault, that you think you're worthless. You are not even close to that! You are and always will be the best brother there could be!" As she speaks their father swells with pride and slight pity for his children. His own voice thunders out, "You are both wrong. I am to blame for this. If I had not done what I did to your mother this would not be happening to either of you. But then again, if I had not neither of you would be here."

Zünden listens to her brother forcing her tears away she gazes wide eyed at him. "I agree, I think we should join the Basin... I was really hopping you would go with me. I didn't know what I would do if you said you did not want to join with me." Her voice subsides and she turns to look at her father. Krieger smiles allowing Adelric to speak again if he wanted too. Crashing waves roll through the air again, I have a gift for both of you. First of all Zünden," he pauses to pick up the blue feather from between his massive hooves, "I would like to give you this feather I won in a resent fight." Carefully extending his head to the filly he allowed her shaking mouth to take it from him. The filly's heart swells with pride as she rolls the pretty blue feather between her teeth. "And for Adelric, I would love for you to take some of my hair and find someone to braid it into your own, or maybe make a necklace with it. I want you both to always have something to remember me and keep me close to your heart." He smiles warmly as he lowers his head towards his son so he can take the hair. "Make sure you take plenty, it wont hurt I promise." Zunden's own shaky words escape around the feather, "Thank you father. I will treasure it always."

Words: 850
OOC: Krieger gave Zunden a feather and Adelric as much of his mane that he wants, make sure he takes quite a bit he wont be needing it! lol
"Talking" 'Thinking'"Talking" 'Thinking'
Image Credit

Hidden Account
Adelric
It warms the half-child’s heart to know that Zunden has promised to look after him as he has promised to look after her. It seemed that their little broken family was finally coming together, going to be joined as one, a force to be reckoned with… except his dear mother, of course. There were too many emotions, too much hatred from Kiara for Krieger, too much hatred from Zunden to Kiara… He was not very much like Krieger at all, he had quickly surmised, but there was one thing that he and his father had in common. They both wanted a whole family, a united family, and knew that they could never really have it.

But then, the fact that the family could not be whole was surely his fault as much as the rest of this was his fault. It was made evident by the way that he had upset Zunden. Don’t you ever say or even think that, she chided him and he laid his ears out sideways, eyes turning towards the ground, afraid of what sort of physicality might come from her angry words. But there is no anger in her posture, no flash of her horns to cut him, there is only her body pressing against his and he responds in kind, pressing back against her. “I love you too,” he says softly, underneath her words, as she proceeds to blame their situation on Kiara.

Oh, Adelric could not agree less with her, for he loves his mother to the ends of the world and back, but he says nothing, daring not incite his sister to further anger. But then his father speaks, breaking up their childish discourse, claiming himself to be the fault of all of this, which was perhaps the truth, but Adelric could not help but feeling like he was at least, in part, to blame. That said, the willingness of his father to take the blame gives him reason to believe that placing his father on a pedestal was the right thing to do.

And then, finally, Zunden speaks of the Basin and from that moment forward, Adelric’s fate is sealed. He nods vigorously, “I’ll come with you. We have to stay together.” He’s still not sure why it seems so important to him, but important it is, and he will not leave her or let her go alone. But he says no more as his father once again takes the floor and offers them gifts. When it is his turn, he silently does as he is asked, reaching up to take a shock of the bright red hair in his mouth. When first he pulls, he pulls too weakly and the hair does not release; so, he tries again, pulling harder, pretending he is Zunden and that he is strong, and finally the shock of hair comes loose, laying lightly in his mouth.

Turning back, he approaches the cerndyr and lays the hair over the deer’s withers for safe keeping. The process takes more than a moment, Adelric standing silently by the deer as he and the cervid communicate, and finally the half-child turns back to his father, a sad smile on his face (a product of trying to come to terms with leaving his mother). “Father, I…” he pauses, coming closer. “I love you.” Then his head, cautious of his horn, presses against his father’s neck one more time.

“I’ll come back soon,” he promises them both, “But I have to go say goodbye to mother first… please don’t be upset Zunden. I will be back, I promise, I no longer consider myself a member of mother’s herd.” Waiting long enough for any responses from them, he nods his head goodbye and then calls the deer silently to him, heading back towards the island, all thoughts of Erebos gone. It matters not, he will be one with his father in short time. Just at the very last moment, he turns back and calls to his sister, “Our story is that our unicorn mother was attacked by a cougar and we ran, we think she died,” he says. The story would be good enough, in case they were accepted into the Basin at different times.

@[Zünden]- Adelric out :D
Image Credit