the Rift

i'll light the fuse [joining..]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Widened features opened to greet a new morn. Each silent exhale circling upward fogging between flicked auds. His home was a budding fragrance of possibility, and newly formed wonder; he could only sample a single other creature upon the breeze. Frame remained curled against the solid bark of an old magnolia; limbs lay beneath him and tightly closed appendages begged for release. He obliged with a yawn and rose with uncurling motions. Dust and earth slithered from a flawless hide, Midas shook once; wings stretched with limbs shifting to accommodate the motion. A raw thirst nagged around his vocals, dry and chipped were his lips.

Skull turned with velvet senses perking toward finding a liquid that would sooth such longing. Finding no hint of source he snorted and parted body from land with a light trot forward. Air was sought with pounding wings beating unflinchingly, muscled neck stretched toward limit. Mane whipped against his shoulders while tail bannered proudly behind. Ebony pelt caught morning rays like a bright bullet streaking by. Angled tawny colored eyes glanced downward at disappearing land. Breathing came fast now, with effort submitted to pulling his bulk skyward. Body stretched forward and caught a drifting breeze to pull the lad forward.

After only minutes of being airborn he found a stream and company to host attention. A silvery mare gave pause below; wings pitched down and landed his frame with practiced assistance of flailing limbs. Steadily, but with good intent he approached a greeting widening maw, “Good morning to you, Miss,” cranium twisted to glance at the mountain fed trickling stream that lay below a gaping boulder. Nostrils could taste her foreign essence, “and welcome to Dragon Throat,” smiling he took a step closer and added with curious gentleness, “May I ask your purpose?”

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
i'll light the fuse [joining..] - by Lullaby - 08-29-2012, 09:27 PM
RE: i'll light the fuse [Prometheus..acceptance] - by Midas - 08-30-2012, 07:54 PM
RE: i'll light the fuse [Prometheus..acceptance] - by Lullaby - 09-03-2012, 11:17 PM
RE: i'll light the fuse [joining..] - by Lullaby - 09-10-2012, 10:32 PM
RE: i'll light the fuse [joining..] - by Midas - 09-12-2012, 10:27 PM
RE: i'll light the fuse [joining..] - by Lullaby - 09-16-2012, 11:35 PM
RE: i'll light the fuse [joining..] - by Midas - 09-18-2012, 09:31 AM
RE: i'll light the fuse [joining..] - by Lullaby - 09-24-2012, 05:52 PM