the Rift

Steps Toward the Future [Qian Meeting]

Vikram Posts: 73
World's Edge Skilled Protector
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 19 hh :: 9 years Buff: NOVICE
Kachie
A low, rumbling call reverberated through the forest, harmonizing in its own way with the brighter, trilling cry that echoed both in his ears and in his mind. The two together gave voice the summons to the members of the Qian, drawing them in to the clearing beneath the eldest fir, to join their leaders beside the crimson pool.

As the echoes faded, the massive steed turned his head to gaze fondly down at his mate standing beside him and the queen upon her back, whose voice had rang with his. "As you asked, Mirage." He murmured softly, a quiet smile crossing his features as he leaned closer to nuzzle her shoulder. Then he lifted his head to gaze outward at the trees and the shadows that lay amongst them.

There were things Mirage wanted to discuss with the ones who followed her so willingly. Who followed him as well because she claimed his heart and place him beside her. Important discussions were to be made, of the future and all they had planned.

((Oh god shortness. I blame skype convos. Anyways, all instances of powerplay were approved by Whit.))

Torasin Posts: 132
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 8
imi
[Image: top4xk.png]
It was always dark in this forest. Torasin found it rather depressing, even though he'd seen enough sun, but shuddered to think of a world in eternal darkness. Of course, like all forests, there were areas of lights but still. The paint much preferred open land hence why he only came here when called upon. This time however it was the deep commanding sound of Vikram combined with the colourful trills of Akaith, to which both Torasin and his bonded had responded to. Kiba was lounged lazily upon the paint's back groove, wings folded whilst he idly played with his long, sharp tail. The golden steed eyed his dragon friend with mischievous eyes and picked up into a bouncy trot, making the brown trill in protest as he too bounced along his bonded's back before taking off into the air. Kiba narrowed his eyes and looked about to take revenge when Torasin came to a halt.

Mirage and Vikram stood in front of them. They look happy the paint smiled to himself. Shouting loud and boisterous as ever, Kiba forgot about his playful revenge on his bonded (for now) and flew off to greet the familiar faces. Torasin laughed happily at his antics and moved forwards towards his friends. "Sir. Ma'am. It's good to see you're both still in good health." He offered with his normal joyous and exceedingly polite vocals, flicking his creamy tail as sweet green eyes shone in friendship. Torasin may of gone to touch the soft nose of Mirage but decided to keep the respectful distance, who knows what feelings may be stirred up in a touch. Instead he watched Kiba greet Akaith with a trill, "and you too Mistress Akaith." He added with a smile at the golden whilst feeling the waves of affection Kiba projected towards her. Like a mother to you isn't she Torasin thought idly at his brown bonded.
[Image: tortab.png]
burtn.deviantart.com | limitofgold.deviantart.com | frozenstocks.deviantart.com | schwartze.deviantart.com

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
It is Kali who hears the call, pale ears springing upright atop her avian skull, beak parting to release a series of excited chirps and screeches even as she launches from her perch on my back, small wings beating furiously to send her looping around me. I raise my head from the sweet grass, mildly irate at the disturbance; but Kali's enthusiasm is infectious, and as she reaches with ashen paws to grab at my mane I dart away, grinning at the little gryphon even as I take off towards the woods, heeding Akaith and Vikram's summons.

I have to wonder what they need to discuss, why another meeting has been called - would it be to point out their inaction? I ponder wryly, before shaking my head to dismiss the critical thoughts. Kali begins her cacophonous chirping anew as we approach the clearing, sensing the presence of Mirage and Vikram and Akaith, flying ahead of me to find her friends, a moonbeam darting between the trees. I can feel her excitement bubbling beneath the surface of my mind, her happiness at this whole situation - and suddenly, her anger. In the still of the forest, Kali's shriek is bloodcurdling.

It is only five seconds before my long strides bring me into the circle, body following behind a cry of "Kali, stop!" The scene I walk in on is mildly chaotic; Kali circles Torasin frantically, screeching at Kiba and hissing between cries, her dew claws glimmering in the low light, anger painted on every inch of her avian face. Can I blame her? After my last encounter with the gold splashes steed, even I feel a tens bunching in my muscles at the sight of him, a cold regard drifting across my visage. Subtly, purposefully, I let another moment pass before calling out silently to Kali, exerting all my willpower to draw her back to me. She complies and quits her pestering, but instead glides over to Akaith, landing beside her and immediately beginning to chatter her displeasure at the brown and his bonded's presence.

[Image: RishiRef.jpg]

Gaspard Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

G A S P A R D
The sparkle in your eyes keeps me alive...

In a whirlwind of panic, Gaspard found himself clutched in one of his mad rages, the voices growing menacingly close to his core. With one final blow to the ground using his massive, thick charcoal daggers he fought them off and began to curse obsenities towards them in his mind. The clouds that had shrouded his general chill nature subsided and he relaxed slightly. Paranoia was still rife within him though, and the monochrome mass shook at the sound of anything that rustled the now otherwise silent scenery. The terra firma was growing softer underneath his weight as the cooling of the lands was being to be felt. Orangemoon was a blessing for the strange young brute; it was not easy to find shelter in hot conditions with such a thick pelt, so to have another cooler season spread over him was welcomed. With a snort he began to continue on his journey to nowhere, pressing his lobes had and his mossy pools fixated on his surroundings, scanning every rock, tree and herbage that he came across. The voices began to sound again...
You can't hold us down forever.
  • Soon we will take you!
    With an almighty bellow he screamed out to the madness, addressing it in a rage only a warrior would understood if in mid-battle,
    "Be gone!"

Suddenly, he heard another call. It was not a reply to his irate behaviour, but a calling. Curious, he shoved the voices as far back into his mind as he could and let his muscular pillars do the work. Picking his way over the rocks he soon found himself back into the Deep Forest, it's high trees protruding out the ground that told tales of their own. Deep, ancient memories. The light faded as the branches and leaves covered the majority of the ground, leaving Gaspard without much light to move around obstacles. With his orbs adjusting, he eventually came across the familiar scent of Mirage, and of course other creatures that had passed this way. They also bore the same sort of scent, one that he recognised - Qian. I remember, just like I was told. Almost pride swept over him at remembering such a thing. It was his newly found family, of whom he was still yet to even meet, let alone bond with.

Stumbling in fairly clumsily, the mammoth brute settled himself close to the others. One was a fascinating creature, that resembling the merging of a dragon and an equine, with impressive leathery wings, odd pools and yet still adorned with a fuscous pelt, that of an average equine. He was indeed an odd creature, but as he stood next to the sweet Mirage and her bonded, Akaith, Gaspard felt a little more at ease with him. He appeared to be on good terms with his newly found friend, and so the alabaster and charcoal cooled down slightly. Next, he turned to the others that stood in the small clearing inbetween the large frondescence. One was another brute, bearing a golden and bleached pelt, another one with a dragon bonded. He seemed harmless enough, with mossy pools that almost screamed innocence and bliss. Another duchess stood in the clearing. She had bleached silks, with a bleached marking covering her rump that stood out from her overall obsidian look. He could not yet make out her personality, but held his judgment for now. Even a madman knew better than to go about picking fights with the unknown.

He cleared his throat, ready to speak. Having pretty much crashed the party stumbling in as he did, Gaspard was not going to speak to have his presence announced yet again. Instead he was going to welcome his fellow Qians in the hope that he could interact with them. The deep gruff tone of his voice sounded quietly, but still clear enough for the strangers to make out his unique tongue pattern, "Greetings to you. I, Gaspard, am new to Qian." It hardly made sense, but he looked on at Mirage with a soft gaze, hoping for her input to see his way through the awkward introductions. "Nice to see you again, Mirage." He tilted his head to the dragon, and smiled, "And you, Akaith." Chuckling, he stepped back slightly and waited for the reactions from the others.

"You called?"

• Ink Posts: 121
    Hidden Account
    Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
    Blu

[Apologies beforehand if Kiba and Kali are incorrect, your profiles weren't very descriptive of them :x p.s. I cannot draw gryphons D:]

I wander behind Rishima, the only familiar one to me so far, letting my mind drift. The method of the Foothills meeting still left me doubting my recent choices to return to an organized lifestyle. This, Qian, from what I understand is not affiliated directly with the herd activities, but resides within the land. It is similar to the methods my second dam, Armads used for her group when taking shelter in the Tides. The same black stallion led those sands then too. I smile at this coincidence, amused by that little alignment in an otherwise entirely different time, space and situation.

Life has a sense of humor surely.

I have already made the decision though and I am determined to see it out, if but for a while. It will be a wise choice with the coming winter too, for summer left me far too weak this year.

Musing such things to myself I am startled by the sudden dart of white from Rishima's back and the outcry she gives. I raise my head in alarm, ears high and eyes wide as I watch the small gryphon harry the brown dragon. I shrink back a little, wary of this - I am not bonded to a companion and am hesitant to forge such a bond. In some ways this makes me less understanding of the companions everyone else has, and there seems to be many thus far in this group.

Kali, the pale gryphon, was not so fierce a minute ago. I was surprised to find Rishima had made that connection since my last time seeing her. I met that one griffin though, Merakerr, and rather enjoyed her company so I am not afraid of Kali. Now however, she displays her prowess and I am worried by the might such an animal can deliver with those talons and beak. Mostly I am off-put from companions by their link they make internally with you, as I've been told. Sometimes I think a friend to always have would be nice, but I don't know how I'd feel about the lack of privacy, even in your own mind and heart.

I complain about my loneliness, but maybe I'm to used to it now to give it up so freely.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
    Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
    Hidden Account
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
    Boom Boom!

KRI the Resolute</style>
        My friends, I am only flesh and bone, but I won't let you die alone.</style>

My wings carry me swiftly toward the Deep Forest, to the center of the dark land. Today, I travel alone, no sight of my painted daughter by my side as I make my way to fulfill my promise to Mirage. Our causes had been bound together, sworn to aid her in her fight as she had in mine. I hoped to extend to her the same kindness that she had shown to me, once upon a time. Now, my herd flourished, and it was all thanks the dark mare with bronze eyes and a golden dragon.

I dive between the last possible branches to weave between, coming to land with a soft thud on the earth as I continue forward at a canter, weaving between trees to meet with the rest of those in support of the Qian. My blue eyes meet with some excitement that there were new faces that I did not recognize from the last meeting she had called. I also noted that the call that brought me here on this day was different, more masculine and brutish. Upon locating the dark lady with my eyes, I note that it is likely the strange draconic fellow by her side.

Mirage,” I say, deeply bowing my head to her. I was not the leader here, amongst the trees and shadows. It was she.

Then, Rishima arrives, the mare with the moon mark that I had met in the Threshold a season ago. I smile upon seeing her, but soon it goes to chaos, a strange predator flying from her side and toward a dragon. My nostrils flare in fear of the predator, but I do not move from my spot, muscles tensed and jaw tight.
    ""

Merakerr Posts: 24
    World's Edge Philosopher
    Mare :: Other :: 3 ft :: 6
    Kachie
    It was farther south than she had wandered in a number of seasons, yet the resounding call found the gryphon perched in the low branches of the trees. Her coloration was such that might have made her easily visible, but the thick boughs and their burden of leaves hid her. Her head turned inquisitively to listen, before she moved to investigate.

Tightly folded wings were no burden to her as she wove through the higher pathways. These trees had not been shaped to make passage accessible for the winged horses, but their natural growth, here amongst the low growth, lent a certain something toward her own journey. At the end of which she found familiar faces.

A pleased rumble-croon escaped her as she leapt from the tree cover, landing lightly before pacing over toward the gathering. Her golden eyes studied the strangers first. A winged horse, a dark painted steed, a gold painted steed with a brown dragon, and another who towered over the rest and straddled the line between horse and dragon. That one interested her ever-curious mind, but her focus was on the three dark coated ones she knew.

"I hope I'm not intrruding on sssomething I ssshouldn't, Mirrage." She called with an avian grin before walking over to settle beside Ink. "Hello again, Ink." This was accompanied by a quiet purr, head tilted to regard the silent artist with one golden eye. "And Rrissshima, grreetingsss." Her gaze moved toward the white marked mare before she made a small trilling sound to Kali, tail brushing the ground. Finally complete with salutations, the young gryphon preoccupied herself with preening. Though travel through the trees had been fairly easy, it had not stopped leaves and twigs and bits of bark from getting caught in her feathers and fur.

Solstice Posts: 93
    Deceased
    Mare :: Equine :: 15 hh :: 8 (at time of death)
    Emily
    ((ooc: to save time and posting order, im gonna post Solstice, Aaron and Kiara all at one time instead of making three posts over and over))

Solstice & Aaron
    No bond is ever stronger, than that of a Mother and Child

The call had been strong for the mother and son pair as well. Now a more confident two year old, Aaron arrived along side his dam holding his head higher than he had the last time. His brown eyes looked around for the twin brothers, his mentors... But they were no where to be seen. His mother however had moved in slowly, her tiara lower than before. Her heart.... Well she was beginning to struggle and feel a depression she had never before understood. When her father had died... her mother had never been the same. She understood now why she had gone to the veil..... The need to be needed. Solstice needed to be needed by someone again. She stood there without speaking. She was allied to the Qian, her son a member. Together they would always stand as they were pretty much the only family by blood the other had.
    "Aaron speaks"
    "Solstice speaks"

________________________________________________________________________________

Kiara
    Like Strawberry Wine

Shyly the red roan fem slipped up beside Rishima. After all the ebon mare with the white marking was the sister to Mirage. Kiara felt like she could trust her as well. Meetings always made the young dove nervous, her green eyes looked around trying to take in every face. She was growing more confident, but her fear of stallions had the red roan blanket appalooa trembling. Trying to be strong she planted her hooves, resisting the urge as more arrived to run away. Mirage had said the Qian would protect her.... Surely she was among friends now? She glanced to Mirage with a look that said I trust you so I am here..... But I do not like being around so many males.... Maybe one day.... a stallion would show her she had nothing to fear... Until then... She fought the urge to flee every time one came into sight.

"Kiara Speaks"

Query Posts: 48
    Hidden Account
    Mare :: Equine :: 15 :: 7
    Nogard
    Query had taken a few trips to this forest before, once fairly recently when she ran into Jayden. She always enjoyed a stroll through the forest, it was nice and comfortable to her, and relaxing.

On this day she noticed a huge crowd gathering. In the crowd were a few familiar faces, that of Torasin and his brown Kiba stood out most prominently. She wanted to ask him how his voyage to get healing powers went. There was also Rishima with the mark of the moon on her haunch was hard to miss. She also saw Mirage standing there, her Golden eyes standin' in contrast to the black of her body. She also spotted a dragon on Mirage's back and then her eyes gazed at....What is that? The bronze half horse half dragon caught her eye. How did she not see him before. She made a mental note of having to ask Torasin more about this half breed.

After staring at the bronzed giant Query continued to scan the crowd. She noticed a black stallion with Ink coming out from around his hooves. A pegasus also came in and landed though she looked a bit tense.

Then when Query though she had taken note of everyone there this new creature came in. It was half bird, and half cat. She thought back to the days that she spent with humans, she had heard of one of these. The humans called them Gryphons, but of course they thought them to just be myths much like Pegasi, Unicorns, and many other "mythical" beings. Query used to think much the same 'til she stumbled upon these magical lands and meeting a few herself.

She thought back again to the time that Torasin was trying to preach to her of this being that was called the Sun God and when Rishima had interrupted. She remembered briefly Rishima having a miniature version of the gryphon that had landed next to the inky Stallion.

"Ummm...hello all. I hope that I'm not intruding here, but if it wouldn't be too much bother might I join in this gatherin'?"

She stood at the back of the gathering in case she might not be welcomed. After all, she didn't want to impose on anyone.

Daenerys Posts: 41
    Outcast
    Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 hh :: 5
    Cami

DAENERYS
    All I loved, I loved alone.

Under the blessed cover of the forest shadows, Daenerys and her pale son roamed freely, among their family of the Qian. It was a peaceful, undisturbed way of life, a safe environment for the young colt to grow up and learn. Ahriman was growing so fast, his body filling in to make him look a little less leggy, though he was still far too young to go exploring on his own. He kept his poor dam busy, with his rising energy level that comes with youth. Thankfully, the snowy dam was able to keep up, blessed by strength and health once more. Three summers she had now, well on her way to her fourth, but in the short time she had been in Helovia, she had grown immensely on a whole other level. There was a new confidence in her, the way she carried herself and the way she interacted with others. She no longer feared the grasp of her brother, no longer vindictive at the thought of his name. It was in her past, and she was busy living her new life, as a mother and as a member of the Qian.

Chasing after Ahriman over the rugged forest floor, she suddenly stopped as her delicate lobes picked up a familiar call. Dished tiara was raised to the sky, looking in the direction of the cry. It was Vikram, the deep voice, and Akaith the dragon with her shriller call. Looking to her pale son, she whickered softly to make him follow, yet soon she was overtaken by her bold son, him leading the way to where they could smell their kindred gather. Ahriman, with his blindingly white coat, was the first to appear from the undergrowth. Mulberry eyes looked at the others there, seeing a few familiar faces. His expression was serious, with a maturity far beyond his age, as it is typical with firstborns. Already a small adult, Daenerys thought, as she stepped forward as well. Since her unfortunate encounter with the sun god, her burns had healed nicely, keeping infections at bay by bathing in salt water. Where the burns had previously marred her silvery coat now blossomed metallic gold markings, engulfing her four legs and splattering upon her underbelly in a sabino pattern.

Her face was serene as she found herself among the Qian, thistle eyes searching out her sister, the black form standing next to Vikram. Walking close, both Dany and Ahri respectfully greeted their leader, the colt by touching her shoulder and the mare by bumping her maw gently against Mirage’s. "Sister. It is a joy to see you in such good health, " Dany chimed softly, a nod given to Vikram and Akaith and a smile playing on her velvet lips. The pinto stallion, whom they had learned to know as Torasin, and his dragon were given their greetings, as well as the dark Rishima and her new pet griffin. An even darker youth stands near her, one that is not recognized or introduced but nonetheless a greeting is offered. Another bicolored steed was there, introducing himself as Gaspard. He had an oddness in his soul, Daenerys could sense, but she didn’t want to judge. "Always a pleasure to see our family grow. My name is Daenerys, and this is my son Ahriman, " she said softly, kindness shining from her face. A Pegasus, Kri of the Dragon’s Throat, and an odd creature that looks like a larger version of Rishima’s pet, are not discriminated against. Familiar faces of Lady Solstice and her son makes the snowy dam pleasantly surprised, and Ahriman soon walks over to stand by the insecure Kiara, greeting her like a sibling by bumping his nose against hers. There are more strangers, but in the growing gathering it is difficult to keep track of them all, so Daenerys picks a spot next to her leader, waiting to her what the message behind the summoning could be.

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
    Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
    Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
    Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
    [ Um, I sent Harlequin a PM days and days ago, and haven't got a reply yet, but I skipped over her in my post :-/ Sorry. ]

So many plans. So many wishes. So many choices. Being a leader was not a selfish path. It was perhaps, the most selfless role one could take. But Mirage had accepted the challenge, she had risen to where her followers placed her willingly, and strived again and again to prove herself worthy of their admiration, their loyalty.

But still, even as they came, she was touched, honoured, even a little surprised at finding herself worth of their loyalty. Having lived so alone, for so long, she had inevitably resigned herself to a lonely fate, a path where only her and her dragon mattered. While that was still the case, in some small ways, there was a much larger picture to consider now. Her family had grown, her metaphorical wings stretched to protect them all now. Not so metaphorical now, too, she thought with a subtle grin, relishing in her new ability to uncover the true dragon within her. Not here, not now, however.

The golden and ivory stallion who held a place close to her heart arrived first, so diligent and trustworthy, so willing to follow her lead despite the discomforts it might have caused him. The Qian likely provided the stallion with some purpose, some sense of belonging to something, since his mate had once again cast him aside. It was a situation Mirage wished she could do more about. She nodded her tiara to him, and Akaith warbled a warm greeting to the little brown, before another arrived and caused much distraction and chaos.

Almost immediately the little golden dragon flung her mind out to the young gryphon, ascertaining what it was that threw her into such a frenzy. Immediately after that, she then used her own mental pull upon Kali to soothe her, to explain that though Kiba might have been involved in some silly things before, he was a friend, family. The little gryphon soon landed by her side, and Akaith chittered back quietly, encouraging silence to eventuate so that the creatures they were bonded to could converse with some semblance of normalcy.

A raised 'brow was all Mirage gave to the scene, a knowing glance thrown at her sister, before a subtle extra look was given to Torasin, to ensure no harm came of the introduction. To be honest, it amused her slightly, but she would not allow those around her to detect that. Except perhaps, her sister, who could see these things even when the mare attempted to hide it from her..

Gaspard arrived next, appropriately introducing himself. A low whicker was given in returned greetings to him, approving his introduction. Akaith purred her greeting in response to being named by the large, piebald steed, and Mirage nodded to him; indeed, they had called for him, and they would speak very soon. More would arrive still. The silent one, Ink, became apparent then on the outskirts of the group, evidently having followed Mirage's sister from the Foothills to here. The charred tiara of Mirage bobbed a greeting to him, her golden eyes admiring as always of the designs he created, even if they depicted a state of the chaos that had just passed. Amusement again bubbled up within her, but she redirected her attention to the meeting. She was not gathering them here, now, solely to enjoy their company.

"Kri," her warm tones replied to the chocolate flaxen maiden who stepped forth, her own crown bowing deep into her chest to the mare. They were on equal standings, each leaders of their own followers, each proud mares with great responsibilities upon their shoulders. Mirage felt a sisterly affection towards the Throat Leader, a comradeship that was built upon trust, dedication and simple, quality time. Mirage knew that the clever mare would understand her reason for calling her near once again, this time the reason was not so that they might go up against Gods, but rather, against fellow mortals in a battle for land.

Merakerr's appearance was slightly unexpected, but welcomed nonetheless. She named the silent creature who lingered at the outskirts, Ink. Curiously, Mirage ensured she remembered that name, for the young stallion with his artistic ability was one Mirage deigned to know better still. "You are welcome here, Merakerr, as an ally of the Qian, or more, if you should wish it." She nodded her muzzle to the gryphon, appreciating her presence in a similar way in which she appreciated Kri's.

Solstice and Aaron's arrival was met with a warm smile, and some small relief that Mirage was finally able to see Aaron standing strong, even after the mission her brothers had sent him on. A severe tongue lashing had been given to the brothers of chaos, whose absence here was not long lasting. Mirage could feel them nearby, even if they did not make their presences directly known. The brothers of fire and shadow were around, if one knew where to look. A warm nicker was given to Kiara, meant to soothe her shivering frame, still her nervous heart. Like always, Mirage wished she could do more for the young femme, but gave her an encouraging glance for her to continue building her bravery around stallions. There were no stallions within the Qian she need fear, at any rate.

Query's arrival was an unexpected as Merakerr's. mirage's ears pricked at the gentle mare's inquiry, her façade soft as she considered the answer. "You are welcome here, Query, as the Foothills are our allies, and as such, we keep no information hidden from them. Should you wish to become more intimate with the Qian, however, you are welcome to do so, also." The mare would elaborate more on the mechanics of the Qian when she began explaining the main reason for her call of the gathering today. Daenerys and Ahriman arrived next, her touch accepted with silent grace and a return nudge from both Mirage and Akaith. Mirage allowed several more moments of silence to stretch between them, before her nape twitched and shifted her mane, and she settled herself into a posture fit for a Leader, so that she might address her loyal people.

"Qian, I thank you again for gathering here this day - the loyalty you show is what defines us, the foundations of our bonds is this. Without you, and your diligence, we would not be standing here, gathered under the common title of Qian.

"Remember what we stand for - we protect one another, we offer our aid when it is needed, we offer an escape from loneliness for our fellows.

"The Qian arrive here today to discuss matters of dire importance. The Deep Forest has welcomed us into its dark folds, but it is too wild, its borders too vast for even our most diligent protectors to defend all the time. The Qian are in need of a home, a herdland to protect and care for just as we might care for each other.

"While our allies open their borders to us, it does not bode well to see how far one can push their welcome. We are forever grateful to our allies, and look forward to returning their favours of shelter should future needs ever arise.

"The Qian must fight for their rights to a homeland; my fellows, I will not force a war upon you, but know that I fight for you all, I fight so that we might rise victorious and live comfortably behind borders we earned, borders we can defend.

"I ask my kin now, who will stand beside me?"

[also, if any other members still want to arrive, you are welcome to arrive and have heard her speech.
    also2, posting order is a lie!]