the Rift

Steps Toward the Future [Qian Meeting]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
[ Um, I sent Harlequin a PM days and days ago, and haven't got a reply yet, but I skipped over her in my post :-/ Sorry. ]

So many plans. So many wishes. So many choices. Being a leader was not a selfish path. It was perhaps, the most selfless role one could take. But Mirage had accepted the challenge, she had risen to where her followers placed her willingly, and strived again and again to prove herself worthy of their admiration, their loyalty.

But still, even as they came, she was touched, honoured, even a little surprised at finding herself worth of their loyalty. Having lived so alone, for so long, she had inevitably resigned herself to a lonely fate, a path where only her and her dragon mattered. While that was still the case, in some small ways, there was a much larger picture to consider now. Her family had grown, her metaphorical wings stretched to protect them all now. Not so metaphorical now, too, she thought with a subtle grin, relishing in her new ability to uncover the true dragon within her. Not here, not now, however.

The golden and ivory stallion who held a place close to her heart arrived first, so diligent and trustworthy, so willing to follow her lead despite the discomforts it might have caused him. The Qian likely provided the stallion with some purpose, some sense of belonging to something, since his mate had once again cast him aside. It was a situation Mirage wished she could do more about. She nodded her tiara to him, and Akaith warbled a warm greeting to the little brown, before another arrived and caused much distraction and chaos.

Almost immediately the little golden dragon flung her mind out to the young gryphon, ascertaining what it was that threw her into such a frenzy. Immediately after that, she then used her own mental pull upon Kali to soothe her, to explain that though Kiba might have been involved in some silly things before, he was a friend, family. The little gryphon soon landed by her side, and Akaith chittered back quietly, encouraging silence to eventuate so that the creatures they were bonded to could converse with some semblance of normalcy.

A raised 'brow was all Mirage gave to the scene, a knowing glance thrown at her sister, before a subtle extra look was given to Torasin, to ensure no harm came of the introduction. To be honest, it amused her slightly, but she would not allow those around her to detect that. Except perhaps, her sister, who could see these things even when the mare attempted to hide it from her..

Gaspard arrived next, appropriately introducing himself. A low whicker was given in returned greetings to him, approving his introduction. Akaith purred her greeting in response to being named by the large, piebald steed, and Mirage nodded to him; indeed, they had called for him, and they would speak very soon. More would arrive still. The silent one, Ink, became apparent then on the outskirts of the group, evidently having followed Mirage's sister from the Foothills to here. The charred tiara of Mirage bobbed a greeting to him, her golden eyes admiring as always of the designs he created, even if they depicted a state of the chaos that had just passed. Amusement again bubbled up within her, but she redirected her attention to the meeting. She was not gathering them here, now, solely to enjoy their company.

"Kri," her warm tones replied to the chocolate flaxen maiden who stepped forth, her own crown bowing deep into her chest to the mare. They were on equal standings, each leaders of their own followers, each proud mares with great responsibilities upon their shoulders. Mirage felt a sisterly affection towards the Throat Leader, a comradeship that was built upon trust, dedication and simple, quality time. Mirage knew that the clever mare would understand her reason for calling her near once again, this time the reason was not so that they might go up against Gods, but rather, against fellow mortals in a battle for land.

Merakerr's appearance was slightly unexpected, but welcomed nonetheless. She named the silent creature who lingered at the outskirts, Ink. Curiously, Mirage ensured she remembered that name, for the young stallion with his artistic ability was one Mirage deigned to know better still. "You are welcome here, Merakerr, as an ally of the Qian, or more, if you should wish it." She nodded her muzzle to the gryphon, appreciating her presence in a similar way in which she appreciated Kri's.

Solstice and Aaron's arrival was met with a warm smile, and some small relief that Mirage was finally able to see Aaron standing strong, even after the mission her brothers had sent him on. A severe tongue lashing had been given to the brothers of chaos, whose absence here was not long lasting. Mirage could feel them nearby, even if they did not make their presences directly known. The brothers of fire and shadow were around, if one knew where to look. A warm nicker was given to Kiara, meant to soothe her shivering frame, still her nervous heart. Like always, Mirage wished she could do more for the young femme, but gave her an encouraging glance for her to continue building her bravery around stallions. There were no stallions within the Qian she need fear, at any rate.

Query's arrival was an unexpected as Merakerr's. mirage's ears pricked at the gentle mare's inquiry, her façade soft as she considered the answer. "You are welcome here, Query, as the Foothills are our allies, and as such, we keep no information hidden from them. Should you wish to become more intimate with the Qian, however, you are welcome to do so, also." The mare would elaborate more on the mechanics of the Qian when she began explaining the main reason for her call of the gathering today. Daenerys and Ahriman arrived next, her touch accepted with silent grace and a return nudge from both Mirage and Akaith. Mirage allowed several more moments of silence to stretch between them, before her nape twitched and shifted her mane, and she settled herself into a posture fit for a Leader, so that she might address her loyal people.

"Qian, I thank you again for gathering here this day - the loyalty you show is what defines us, the foundations of our bonds is this. Without you, and your diligence, we would not be standing here, gathered under the common title of Qian.

"Remember what we stand for - we protect one another, we offer our aid when it is needed, we offer an escape from loneliness for our fellows.

"The Qian arrive here today to discuss matters of dire importance. The Deep Forest has welcomed us into its dark folds, but it is too wild, its borders too vast for even our most diligent protectors to defend all the time. The Qian are in need of a home, a herdland to protect and care for just as we might care for each other.

"While our allies open their borders to us, it does not bode well to see how far one can push their welcome. We are forever grateful to our allies, and look forward to returning their favours of shelter should future needs ever arise.

"The Qian must fight for their rights to a homeland; my fellows, I will not force a war upon you, but know that I fight for you all, I fight so that we might rise victorious and live comfortably behind borders we earned, borders we can defend.

"I ask my kin now, who will stand beside me?"

[also, if any other members still want to arrive, you are welcome to arrive and have heard her speech.
also2, posting order is a lie!]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steps Toward the Future [Qian Meeting] - by Gaspard - 08-30-2012, 06:15 PM
RE: Steps Toward the Future [Qian Meeting] - by Mirage - 09-12-2012, 12:59 AM