the Rift

Steps Toward the Future [Qian Meeting]

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
It is Kali who hears the call, pale ears springing upright atop her avian skull, beak parting to release a series of excited chirps and screeches even as she launches from her perch on my back, small wings beating furiously to send her looping around me. I raise my head from the sweet grass, mildly irate at the disturbance; but Kali's enthusiasm is infectious, and as she reaches with ashen paws to grab at my mane I dart away, grinning at the little gryphon even as I take off towards the woods, heeding Akaith and Vikram's summons.

I have to wonder what they need to discuss, why another meeting has been called - would it be to point out their inaction? I ponder wryly, before shaking my head to dismiss the critical thoughts. Kali begins her cacophonous chirping anew as we approach the clearing, sensing the presence of Mirage and Vikram and Akaith, flying ahead of me to find her friends, a moonbeam darting between the trees. I can feel her excitement bubbling beneath the surface of my mind, her happiness at this whole situation - and suddenly, her anger. In the still of the forest, Kali's shriek is bloodcurdling.

It is only five seconds before my long strides bring me into the circle, body following behind a cry of "Kali, stop!" The scene I walk in on is mildly chaotic; Kali circles Torasin frantically, screeching at Kiba and hissing between cries, her dew claws glimmering in the low light, anger painted on every inch of her avian face. Can I blame her? After my last encounter with the gold splashes steed, even I feel a tens bunching in my muscles at the sight of him, a cold regard drifting across my visage. Subtly, purposefully, I let another moment pass before calling out silently to Kali, exerting all my willpower to draw her back to me. She complies and quits her pestering, but instead glides over to Akaith, landing beside her and immediately beginning to chatter her displeasure at the brown and his bonded's presence.

[Image: RishiRef.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steps Toward the Future [Qian Meeting] - by Rishima - 08-30-2012, 11:31 AM
RE: Steps Toward the Future [Qian Meeting] - by Gaspard - 08-30-2012, 06:15 PM