the Rift

[OPEN] Million Dollar Man [egg finding]

Jakar Posts: 14
Aurora Basin Phantom atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 :: 5 :: Tallsun HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Vitani :: Plain Hellhound :: Acid Adoptable
JAKAR

she hit me and it felt like a kiss

My tracking had been all but successful as I wandered aimlessly through the lands of Helovia. I wasn't quite sure where the varnished beauty was, but I knew she was here in these lands. It was just going to take being in the same place at the same time, but that seemed to be easier said than done considering I still had yet to see hide or hair of her. Irritation was slowly beginning to work it's way through my veins, but at least I had a place to stay and somewhere to be useful until I found Snö.
A snort escaped through darkened paper thins as my three stained and one pure hooves strode up the incline of the foggy trail, I wasn't sure where this one would lead, but surely it had to lead somewhere. Maybe it would be where I would find the varnished mare who had taken so much from me. It didn't take long at all for me to reach a clearing where the fog seemed to lift suddenly and reveal a plain full of tall, green grass that could feed hundreds on hundreds of horses, but for the time being it seemed as if I was one of the select handful who had decided to visit the strange, beautiful meadow at the top of the mountain. I shook my white striped skull ever so slightly before taking a few strides forward and lowering my darkened kissers to the tall blades that grew along my knees.
Dark lids fluttered shut over pale blue pools as I grazed lazily at the lush green grass that grew around me, a sigh of content blew through my paper thins and for a few moments I forgot about all of the stress of not being able to find the creature that I had came here looking for. I forgot about the fact that my father would likely be out for my blood since I deserted him in efforts to search for her on my own, I forgot about everything. But just as I began to relax and drift into a much happier place in my shadowed mind the sound of my hoof hitting something that wasn't quite rock, but not any kind of plant either echoed in my ear drums. Ocean blue pools were suddenly wide open as I looked around for the thing that had brought me back to reality, only to come face to shell (?) with a stunningly colored egg that seemed to shift between a soft creamy white and the most delicate of golden strands I had ever seen. "What have we here?" My deep lyrics came out in a hushed whisper as I reached out cautiously towards the beautiful egg, hoping that it's mother wouldn't come tearing out of whatever hiding spot it was surely lurking to rip my face off. I was quite fond of my face.

"Speeeech"
Tag;; @[Snö] @[Lace] & open
Words;; 485
OOC;; <3 Sorry this sucks so bad, my head is killing me. My reply will be slow as I am about to be very busy for a week or two :D

Snö Posts: 155
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

The world was just filled with all different levels of fucked up.

Snö stood frozen in place, her eyes locked on the darkened body of a stallion that she knew well enough to be wary of. Her ears lay back against her head for a moment as she seethed. She had thought she had left Jakar far behind and after several weeks of seeing no sign of him she had thought that she was finally safe. Now even her home wasn't safe. She would have to leave again and find somewhere else to go until they caught up with her again. It was beginning to look like she'd never stop running.

Still, Snö had no regrets for what she had done.

Felcie had wronged her and he had paid for it. What was the old saying? An eye for an eye? Maybe she had gone a bit overboard by releasing all of his slaves, but he had destroyed something that had been dear to her. What she had done was fair.

Justice had been served.

Her ears slammed forward as she thought about Felcie. If Jakar was here then that meant that Felcie had to be here, too. She was suddenly very grateful as she began to scent the air that she was downwind of Felcie's bloodhound. She didn't smell the Felcie anywhere. Her eyes narrowed and .... what was that by Jakar's hooves?

An egg?

She could take it ... or she could destroy it right there in front of him.

Snö strode forward, her ears now laying flat against her head and a snarl visible on her face. "How did you get that?" It wasn't fair. She had been in an out of Helovia for three years and in all of her travels she had yet to find an egg. And Jakar just waltzes in and finds one without even trying? The gods had to be spiting her for no reason. That had to be it. Her tail twitched in irritation, white and chestnut strands brushing against her hocks. "You're a lucky piece of shit."

She could smash it, she thought again. It was right there on the ground, so very near her hooves. She could smash it and deny him the bond that she had coveted so badly and had had with the metal wolf that she had named Tarak. It may not have been living or breathing, but she had loved it nonetheless and felt as though a part of her were missing.

Smash it.

"."

@[Jakar]

Snö
you're looking at an absolute zero
i'm not the devil but i won't be your hero
Image Credit

Kirah Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Kirah

Kirah watched curiously from her spot in the long grass, not far off. She was laying down, but it surprised her that the two other horses hadn't spotted her yet. Her creamy white colour didn't blend in with the grass exactly....

Maybe they were just to bothered with the thing, what had the mare called it? Oh yes! An egg. She debated whether she should approach them or not. They didn't seem all too dangerous.

Kirah had come up here a little while ago to seek peace and maybe a friend. After Elsa took her to the falls, she just kind of wandered off and before Kirah knew it, she was alone. She had walked around for a bit, but didn't find anybody else, so she let her small hooves bring her here. It was empty, but at least she didn't have to live with the knowledge of knowing there were others, but you can't find them, or they are hiding.

She looked at the pair of horses again. The mare was pretty, in a classy and delicate way. The stallion was plain, but handsome at the same time. They both wore horns on their heads, like so many others Kirah has encountered in the past.

Kirah flared her nostrils. The mare was stuck with no particular scent, while the stallion smelt like pine, and a few other things Kirah did not know. Upon closer examination, Kirah noticed the muscles rippling under his hide each time he moved. He must be a warrior of some sort. Well, might as well try and make some friends.

Kirah pulled herself up and walked over to them, debating how she should approach. She smiled softly and warmly before speaking. "Hello. I'm Kirah".
She left out that she was from the hidden falls since she did not feel as if she quite belonged just yet.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Jakar] @[Snö]
Words;; 313
Notes;; Hope you don't mind if I join in? :). I was a bit lonely.... And I wasn't sure if I should tag you guys, so I did in any way :)

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image

JAKAR

Ocean blue pools studied the oval shape of the two toned orb before me as I wondered over what it could possibly be and why I was the one who had managed to stumble across it. Was it's mother somewhere nearby? Or rather was it a dud that had been left to decompose by a mother who knew nothing would come of it? A snort tore through my sooty paper thins as I moved a little closer to the cream and gold orb, stretching out a single ebony dipped limb so it would land just past the delicate creature-to-be. Regardless of it the mother was crouching in the shadows somewhere or not, I would at least try to keep the infant safe until she returned.

It was at this point that my meal was interrupted by a ghost I had been hunting for quite some time now. Her scent was overpowering and for a moment it blocked out any other senses that I would normally have had, the terra hairs along my spine rose to welcome the varnished beauty into my company. I didn't even have to look at her, take in her icy blue eyes set upon a stunning white washed set of features, to be able to tell she wasn't pleased to see me in her home. Anger rolled off of the beauty in waves as she drew closer to me, it wasn't until she stopped moving that her lyrics were flung into the air full of venom and disdain. "How did you get that? You're a lucky piece of shit."

A light chuckle slid from my chest as I shook my ivory striped skull at the mare who caused so many different emotions to race through my frame at the same time, my sooty kissers were about to split so lyrics could entice the mare closer when another's voice took my place. "Hello. I am Kirah." Suddenly my attention was drawn away from the chestnut dusted mare who stood before me, my harks remained pinned on her, just in case the sly devil decided it was a good idea to make a move while this odd white mare introduced herself. I found my blue eyes settled upon the frame of a white mare marred by black horns sprouting from her shoulders rather than from her skull, it was a sight to see to say the least. But it worked for the slender mare who otherwise would have looked frail. "Hello Kirah, I am Jakar and this here is Snö" I took the liberty of introducing the both of us while a smile crept across my sporty features before turning my full attention back to the varnished angel.

"Lucky, yes. Piece of shit, I believe we will have to agree to disagree on that one. Nice to see you again Snö." A smirk cracked my features as I moved my other forelimb forward so it too would be protectively closer to the two toned egg that I now had to protect from a crazy mare from my past and a strange mare who seemed to enjoy introducing herself at slightly inappropriate times. Although, I felt a bit of gratitude towards the mare with the horned shoulder blades as she may be a saving grace this lovely afternoon.

"Speeeech"
Tag;; @[Snö]
Words;; 551
OOC;;

ali

She did not want to be interrupted before she had a chance to attack Jakar and beat him into a bloody pulp, but it would seem the gods had other ideas. Another mare strode up and introduced herself as Kirah, which drew a sharp snort from Snö who, at any other time, would have been more tolerant of the interruption. Before she had a chance to speak Jakar took it upon himself to introduce her along with himself. Her eyes cut back to the dark stallion and she glared. "I am very capable of introducing myself." She ground out before looking at the white mare again. "I am Snö and this piece of shit is a stalker." She had several more choice words for the stallion, but cut herself off when he began to speak again.

"Agree to disagree?" She snorted. "I will do no such thing." There was no way that she would agree with him even if they were agreeing that they disagreed. She would disagree all she wanted to disagree even if it was nonsensical. Her tail snapped against her legs, the other mare nearly forgot as she turned her anger back on Jakar and his egg that he was protecting. Was he already assuming that she would try to smash it and deny him the bond that came with it. "You don't even know what you're protecting." She accused. "When it hatches I hope it rips your throat out and drinks your blood for its nourishment."

Snö suddenly became aware of the other mare again and ground her teeth together in an attempt to calm the outburst of anger that had bubbled up inside of her. She could not attack him and try to kill him because now there was a witness and it was far too troublesome to have to kill two individuals in one go. She sighed and rolled her eyes. "So where is Felcie?" She asked. "The master is never far from his dog."

"."

@[Kirah]

ooc:// hi there! you're more than welcome to crash here :P

Snö
Image Credit

Unregistered
Kirah

Kirah pulled her ears back slightly and threw up her head in disapproval of the two's bickering. It was obvious the mare, introduced as Snö, was either mad at the stallion, called Jakar, or she hated him. Kirah settled on both. She had interrupted at a bad time then.

She walked around to form a small circle with the other two, as pricked her ears to look at the egg. It was pretty, and so very strange. Kirah had never in her travels seen something like it. It was too big for a normal egg, and the colouring far too strange. Cream and gold stained it's surface, the two colours contrasting yet blending with each other. Kirah cocked her head sideways the slightest bit, ignoring the two other unicorns' snide comments to each other.

The tall lady was just about to ask what could possibly hatch from an egg so strange when Snö mentioned that they too, did not know. She ignored the two again, only listening with one ear as she gazed at the egg again, her mind far from it.

She drifted into a hazy memory from when she was about four. it was a warm day, and she was in a field, much like the one she was currently standing in, with some trees on the one end. She was wondering towards these trees when she stumbled upon a small, creamy egg with brown spots on it. She kept it in the sun by day, and wrapped around it at night, and eventually it hatched. A hummingbird. She found someone willing to care for it a day after, since she did not know how. But still, a more gorgeous being Kirah had never seen.

She was snatched out of her day dream as a delicate ear turned to catch a name spoken by Snö. Felcie. It had a ring to it, mind you, not a good one. Kirah's gaze drifted to Snö as she spoke of Jakar as a dog. Did nobody care for anyone in this place? Or was it just some? Besides, what did she know? Kirah shook it off, refusing to let it bother her. Instead her soft, kind eyes shifted to Jakar, curious to hear his reply and to learn more about this Felcie.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Jakar]
Words;; 375
Notes;; Thanks! <3. Hope this is ok, I can edit any time :) PS: Should I tag you guys?

JAKAR

I could feel the annoyance rolling off of the varnished beauty as we stood there, but I couldn't tell if it was all directed towards me or if it was partially for the white mare who would be a slender beauty if it weren't for the odd horns protruding from her shoulders. As I spoke, introducing both myself and the varnished mare to the ghostly hued one I could feel the icy glare of Snö piercing into through my bay coat and skin into the very core of me. If it weren't for the presence of the stranger, Kirah, I was sure the meeting between the two of us would't be so peaceful. "I am very capable of introducing myself. I am Snö and this piece of shit is a stalker."
Dark rimmed harks slammed back to bury themselves in sooty dreads as the mare spoke up once more, this time adding to insult and calling me a stalker. I was quite the opposite, tracking and stalking were two very different things! A snort blasted through my sooty paper thins as I shook my sporty skull at the two mares. Ocean pools turned to grasp the ghost mare once more only to find that she was no longer standing where she had been moments ago when I had introduced myself and my unhappy companion to her. There hadn't been a sound from the creature as she moved, making her way around us her own pools locked in on the egg that rested gently against the nook of my hocks. If either of them made a move towards the precious gift I would simply take a half step backwards and end the misery of whatever poor creature was decomposing without the heat of it's dam. When I finally located the ghost mare I turned back to Snö, deciding that for the moment the ghost was of no threat to myself nor the egg. "Stalker dear? You are the one who followed me up here." The varnished mare continued rambling about how she would never agree to disagree with the likes of me, and for a moment I couldn't blame her.
But then she opened her mouth once more.
"You don't even know what you're protecting. When it hatches I hope it rips your throat out and drinks your blood for its nourishment." I choked back a peal of laughter at the thought of an infant latching onto the closest thing to it and draining it of life just to further it's own. My skull shook ever so slightly as I lowered my skull to look at the two toned egg for a moment before glancing out of the corners of my sockets to the mare I had been tracking for quite some time. "I suppose that would be better than whatever fate the poor bloke that ends up with you will have." A deep chuckle slipped from my chest as I looked back to the slender ghost who seemed quite transfixed on the egg that rested against my limbs, a small smile tugged at the corners of my sooty kissers as I lifted my skull back to it's normal resting position. "Kirah, what do you think is in it? Will it devour my soul?" The amusement and mockery was evident in my vocals as they reached out to the ghost, hoping to bring her back into the conversation she had so easily slipped from. There was no need to be rude to company, even if the other member of the party was acting as if she had no sort of upbringing.
A sharp sigh drew my attention away from the ghost mare once more and suddenly the varnished was speaking again. Funny, I didn't remember her being this much of a chatty Cathy before. "So where is Felcie? The master is never far from his dog." My pelt shuddered at the mention of my father's name and for a brief second I enjoy the bitterness and rage that is lying low in her lyrics. Felcie had caused more trouble than he had pleasure in anyone's life, he would have been a fantastic leader if he cared for the well-being of anyone but himself. But genocide was the only thing on his mind and that would be his downfall. "Even the most well trained dogs manage to break free from time to time." All of the amusement that had laced my previous lyrics was wiped away and the my words came out flat and monotone as if just the mention of the bastard was enough to drain my frame of any energy that may have been there before.

"Speeeech"
Tag;; @[Snö]
Words;; 780
OOC;; sorry for the wait loves <3

Unregistered
Kirah

Kirah smiled softly, amused at Jakar's question. "Something with wings...." she said mysteriously, still lost in her daydream a little bit. "It might devour your soul, but I doubt it. Then again, anything is possible," she said with a true little laugh. True laughing was rarely drawn out of the lady, but she could fake it very well. But the stallion delighted her in his light hearted joking. He seemed happy, light hearted, as if he either had no burdens, or someone else was carrying them for him.

Her delicate ears were drawn upright once again as curiosity tugged at her heart. Curiosity. It was something the lady treasured so closely to her heart. Something special. Felcie......Where was he from? Who was he? What did he seek? Was he handsome? The questions fluttered through Kirah's mind like frenzied butterflies, so close to catching one, yet so far. She could not hold one question long enough to think about it.

The lady snorted, stomping her foot lightly in annoyance as the questions disappeared as soon as they came. She watched Jakar once more. Small scars riddled his hide, and his blue eyes sparkled with a hint of amusement and..... Kirah stumbled over the other emotions. They swam over each other, changing and blending, mocking her. While some could pick exact things from eyes, Kirah could not.

She fidgeted and swished her tail as insecurity hit her like a tidal wave. The necklace around her neck bobbed from side to side as she threw her head down and brought it back up. She quietly slipped from the conversation once again as the doubt and sadness reflected clear as day in her innocent deer eyes. They grew misty for a split second before they cleared up.

"Stop being a baby," she whispered softly to herself and gazed at the egg once again, pretending to be much more interested than she actually was.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Jakar] @[Snö]
Words;; +- 322
Notes;; Hope it's ok that I skipped Snö, since Ali has been so busy :) / The insecurity thing is just kind of a glitch in her brain, still need to put it on her profile. You can't really notice anything besides it seeming like she becomes nervous all of a sudden. Hope it makes sense XD

ali

She snorted at his claim that she had followed him up there. "You've followed me all way here, Jakar." She said distastefully. "And don't call me dear." Who did he even think he was? Where did he get off calling her dear? "You know my name, I suggest you use it or I'll throw you and your precious egg off the ledge over there." Her tail flicked and she snorted again, already picturing Jakar tumbling head over heals to his death in the valley below. "Dogs can't fly, so don't test my patience."

He always seemed to have an answer to everything she said. Always. Even when they were on good terms he would answer her back with sarcastic comments and jests that made her want to kick him in the head. Now was no different and she found herself gritting her teeth as he took a jab at her potential love life. It was hard to take criticism from someone who was so loathed and seemed to be able to brush it off so easily when criticism was given back. For Snö, who had tried so hard most of her life to prove herself useful, accepting criticism did not come easily. Hundreds of different lewd comebacks entered her mind and were hanging on the tip of her tongue, but Jakar moved quickly enough from his comment to her to speaking to the odd looking mare that was with them, making her lose her chance.

It was probably for the better, anyway.

Kirah answered Jakar's question by both agreeing and disagreeing with Snö's hope that whatever it was would kill the stallion. The pale mare snorted and rolled her eyes at the wishy washy answer. Whatever, it didn't matter to her what the other mare thought or didn't think.

"Even the most well trained dogs manage to break free from time to time."

"And why is it that you broke free?" She asked suspiciously. "Got a wild hair up your ass or did you finally realize how much of a tool your daddy dearest is?"

"."

@[Jakar]
@[Kirah]

Snö
Image Credit

JAKAR

"You've followed me all way here, Jakar. And don't call me dear, you know my name, I suggest you use it or I'll throw you and your precious egg off the ledge over there. Dogs can't fly, so don't test my patience." A dark rimmed ear flicked as a deep chuckle escaped from my chest at the idea of the mare throwing me over the edge of the cliffs we stood on. I knew that the speckled creature was more than capable of throwing my over, but something told me that she would regret it instantly for who would she have to pick on then? My white splashed skull shook as I turned away from the mare who had led me to Helovia and rather focused on the pale ghost who was beginning to talk, her soft voice a nice change from the harsh one of Snö.
"Something with wings....It might devour your soul, but I doubt it. Then again, anything is possible." The corners of my sooty velvets twitched up into a half smile as I mulled over the pale mare's words. "I suppose I shall be safe then, I have no soul for it to devour." My smile widened as I spoke and broad shoulders lifted in a shrug, obviously I did have a soul. I wasn't a red head, nor did I have eyes the color of spring grass. While the thoughts of souls and how clear it was that I had one floated through my mind I nearly missed the ghost as she slipped back, away from the conversation once more. For a moment my velvets parted as if to say something that would draw her back again, but a slight movement at my hocks drew my attention away from the mare named Kirah faster than I could have imagined.
My skull dropped, chin tucked between my knees as sky blues settled on the opal-like sphere of the egg, that was moving. A gust of air escaped my paper thins, wrapping forward to embrace the beautiful egg that continued to shift and shake as small cracks appeared on the surface. "OH! Looks like we will be finding out what kind of demon it is here in a few moments." A light smile stretched my sporty features as I looked away from the hatching egg for a moment to glance between both of the ladies that would be here for the birth of the creature, whether it was going to devour me or if it would wind up to be my dearest friend.
Of course, it could always do both.
A cracking sound drew my eyes back to the egg that was now nearly completely open as a small white and gold canine slid from the egg's fluids. Snorting softly, I reached towards the tiny creature, nudging it ever so gently before blowing a gust of warm air over it's small frame. A squeak emitted from the creature who's eyes and ears were still closed from it's time spent in the egg and I couldn't help but smile, I had never been a parent but something about this creature was drawing me towards it, begging and pleading me to take care of it as if it were a part of myself. Glancing towards the two ladies I offered up a question, "What is it? Why did it choose me?" I expected all sorts of smart ass comments from the varnished mare, but a little part of me hoped she would allow herself to be civil if just for a moment. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

"Speeeech"
Tag;; @[Kirah]
Words;; 611
OOC;; sorry for the wait loves <3. VITANI IS HATCHED

ali

Snö snorted at Jakar, her eyes rolling as he said he didn't have a soul. "How long did it take you to figure that out?" Sarcasm and hatred dripped from every word she spoke to Jakar. The amount of hatred she held for him was unhealthy and even bordered on unreasonable. She probably should not blame him for following the orders his father gave him, but she could blame him for allowing himself to be a puppet. And she could blame him for allowing himself to forsake what friendship and camaraderie she'd thought they had. She had heard the saying 'blood is thicker than water' and even though she didn't understand it, maybe that applied in Jakar's case.

Her eyes slid from the stallion's face to the egg and stayed there as it began to move and the shell began to crack and split. Her teeth ground together and hear ears tilted back as she watched it, thinking it was only appropriate that it would hatch while she was there. It mocked her because she would probably never have that kind of a bond.

Belatedly she could hear Jakar asking what it was and why it chose him and she thought him a fool. As he stood asking questions she stepped closer and dipped her head down, ignoring the bay stallion, so she could nudge the pup and encourage it to stand. "You are lucky, that is all." she murmured to the bay. Mothering instinct that she didn't know she possessed took over and she allowed her tongue to swipe over the pup to clean it, get its blood flowing, and encourage it to stand. As she cleaned the egg goo off of it she began to notice its markings and after a few moments she lifted her head and stared down at it. "Its a hellhound." She remembered d'Artagnan having one that looked similar.

Jakar really was lucky.

"."

@[Jakar]

Snö
Image Credit