the Rift

Blue moon, you saw me standing alone

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

At once the world seems to grow dark, and a light shiver seems to run down the maiden’s spine. Though her eyes remain closed, Nasreen tilts her head questioningly. This certainly never happened when she prayed in Th’orqui. Still, the girl is a devout one, and she continues her silent prayer. But when the shiver turns to a gentle tapping, and the very air seems to hum and vibrate with something that can only be described as magic, Nasreen can’t help but crack an eye open. Needless to say, what she sees leaves her speechless.

Before her stands a goddess—the goddess, she can only assume—resplendent in hues of shimmering purples and violets. Dusky moonlight highlights the graceful curve of a neck and the supple joints of large wings, and as her grey eyes grow wide as twin full moons and the girl gasps and stutters, she notices that the light seems to rest upon this ethereal mare like a cape would lie upon the shoulders of a queen. It drapes over her twitching leonine tail elegantly and clings to her delicately dished face, and in that moment, the princess knows that she has never seen anyone so beautiful.

“Nasreen…” the goddess speaks her name, and the painted mare bows her head and lowers her gaze respectfully. The deity’s tone is curious; in some manner Nasreen senses that she has failed her somehow, yet a hint of laugher underlies the scolding. “You are a Seer of the World’s Edge,” the deity chides, “You do not need to run around in the dark of night to find me, nor does that tree require your assistance to stand up. You are my Seer. All you need to do is pray and I shall come. You need not find a particular stone or tree or patch of dying grass to catch my attention. I am mother of the night—all you need is darkness.” A blush begins to tint ivory features, but all Nasreen can manage in response is a stunned, “Really?” Her mouth is practically gaping, which she realizes a moment later. Jaw snaps shut, and flustered, she tries to collect herself. “I—I mean, of course, your grace. My apologies…I will remember next time.” In her awestruck state, Nasreen’s Th’orquian accent becomes more apparent—a detail which she does not fail to notice, doubling her blush. How different the customs are here!

If it is even possible, however, the air around the pair is growing darker, becoming a shade of pitch that the princess has never experienced even on the blackest of nights. Only the goddess glows, and Nasreen chances another rapt glance at the lavender creature before her voice rings out again, prompting the tongue-tied oracle. “But I am here now. What is it you want?”

“O goddess,”
the maiden replies shyly, yet fervently, “I only wish two things: the first is to thank you—to thank you from the bottom of my heart—for the beautiful gifts you have given me…the glass magic? It’s…” Here, the painted mare struggles to find words, while her eyes brim with gratitude, “It’s beautiful. I am honored to have found your favor,” she manages to finish simply enough, the big words that she hasn’t used since special occasions in the Th’orquian court seeming to tumble from pink lips. “And secondly, I prayed to you because…well, because Kahlua asked me to. To seek your guidance for the Qian, that is. And also to ask about this,” Nasreen adds, sweeping a wingtip lightly across the grass, gesturing to where their island surroundings would be, were they not shrouded in shadow.

OOC: As a side note, Nasreen just got a moon amulet for her 75th post. If this could be given to her IC somehow, that would be wonderful! If not, I get it, but thought I'd at least ask c:

"speech"

Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Messages In This Thread
Blue moon, you saw me standing alone - by Nasreen - 08-29-2014, 11:26 AM
RE: Blue moon, you saw me standing alone - by Nasreen - 09-13-2014, 01:05 AM