the Rift

Blue moon, you saw me standing alone

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

The goddess may be surprised at the girl’s reference to the Qian, but Nasreen is too enraptured to notice. Nor does she catch much of the subtle warning in the goddess’ response about the island—the Th’orquian princess is too new to Helovia to understand many of the references the deity slyly makes to the Veins and Invasions; all she knows of are the wraiths and the darkness. She is not worried though, for it seems to her that it will be just as the Moon says: the gods are watching, and that is security enough for the faithful young pegasus.

“I think it’s heavenly,” she answers with a soft smile in response to the goddess’ query. “It’s like nothing I’ve ever seen before! But yes, even though it’s all so new, I feel safe here. How could I not, your grace, when you are watching?” She offers a deferential dip of the head to the lavender figure, still not quite believing that she, of all souls, has the honor of conversing with the Moon herself.

Yet she has a job to do, and as much as she would like to bask in the dusky glow of the Moon’s presence all evening, a sense of duty tugs at Nasreen’s heart, reminding her that there are questions to be asked. “Kahlua…and Kaj,” she adds, as an afterthought, for she does not know her king as she does her queen, “They wanted to seek you counsel about the Basin and potential alliances. I believe they wanted to know if they were to be…trusted?” The maiden’s voice rises innocently and unintentionally into a question at the end, for this talk of politics is all foreign to her. She was never meant to rule, and the thought of deciding upon alliances is strange to her. The more friends, the better, right? But she is young and trusting, while the Moon is ancient and cunning. It will do her well to hear the deity’s response. “I know Kahlua would like to keep the peace,” she finishes, not a shadow of a doubt crossing her naïve mind that the goddess will agree.

"speech"

[/quote]
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Messages In This Thread
Blue moon, you saw me standing alone - by Nasreen - 08-29-2014, 11:26 AM
RE: Blue moon, you saw me standing alone - by Nasreen - 09-21-2014, 11:36 PM