the Rift

[OPEN] Hey Mama
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>
 Take away this disease, which you are letting me feed.</style>

Gaze narrowed slightly as yet another traveler harped into our territory, she swayed forward, gazing about the surrounding area. “Hail!” I called from above, not unkind, but also lacking my usual warmth. The onslaught of recent members had swelled our ranks – something that normally made me happy. Why wasn’t I overjoyed by yet another newcomer? Concerns that would have to be dealt with later.

Ivory and gold spread apart, yearning for the sky. I extend primary pinions to full length, slipping the feathers up and out as the breeze swamped below secondary tips. This dusty slat cliff fell away as my limbs tucked instinctively toward soft belly – they extend again moments later as the ground draws up. I alighted a fair distance away from the visitor, so not to send up or cover yon girl in an unnecessary wash of dust and grit. A calculated grin push’s forth, while feathers neatly close along spine, “Welcome friend, ye stands on the edge of Hidden Falls. How might I be of service?”

These guests and newcomers likely felt the coming of Frostfall, it was in the wind and water. Each morning the cool air greeted us with less sunlight and more bite. Winter was coming swiftly, and those caught in the outlaying lands would find life less than cushy. Predators, despite having a fair season to hunt – would still be around, their fangs and talons ready for an easy kill. Sadly, once the winter was over the many wanderers we took into our fold would end up leaving again. Returning to the wildlands.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Hey Mama - by Circe - 08-30-2014, 11:47 PM
RE: Hey Mama - by Midas - 09-02-2014, 03:13 PM
RE: Hey Mama - by Circe - 09-06-2014, 11:12 PM
RE: Hey Mama - by Midas - 09-07-2014, 08:43 PM