the Rift

[OPEN] Aurelia Burns Everything: Remix

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
With ears pinned and tail lashing out behind my white ass I pace back and forth, pissed off. There is no reason to be angry, but I am. I'm fucking pissed off at the Falls and the Edge. Kahlua, Kaj, Africa, Eris, Circuta, Destry's Mom, the Fucking Edge, they all piss me off. THISISLANDPISSESMEOFF. How dare it be peaceful?! HOW DARE-- Wow, I'm mad. Oh well, I like rage better then calm. How can I be calm when my enemies are out having fun while I'm here, stuck in a rut, unable to do anything with meaning. Oh, I wonder what it'd mean if I burn this island down... Hehe, it'd be quite fun.

I stop pacing near a large tree. It's pink and looks healthy, but maybe I could catch it on fire... Maybe fire would be able to kill this place and make it fall on the veins! FUCK THE GODS. They stuck spiders in me and my mate. How dare they? Ya, I hate the gods too. But.. The Earth God's Feather. I bend my head to weather the chocolate feather hangs lazily in my mane. With surprising force, I rip it out of my mane. The feather is yanked out and thrown into the air along with a clump of my white mane that had been holding it. Whoever wants it, can chase it in the wind and get it. It's not mine anymore.

Suddenly, my body explodes into hot flame. My surroundings shall be burnt if it's the last thing I do. I press my muzzle into the ground, hoping to set the ground ablaze. Everyone knows how easily fire can spread once it reaches grass! Then, after I assume everything is burning (I cant see it, there is fire and smoke in my eyes), I lean my hot body against the trees, hoping that'll go up in flames. Let the horses come, let them witness peace being destroyed. Let them witness me burning their home. Let me become a chaotic legend that will strike fear into everyone's minds. Let my name become a curse word. Let me become a force that should be avoided! LET ME WIN.

ooc: @[Bellona] will be getting the feather. Anyone welcome! :D

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Adelric Posts: 101
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3hh :: 1.5 [Birdsong]
Tobias :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Sevin
Adelric
The half-child has returned the island, taking a cloud from the ground to the sky, seeking his mother one last time. He and his sister have contemplated leaving, going with their father, going away from the Falls to somewhere… different. Their reasons are very different, he supposes. Zunden wants to leave to escape their mother but gentle Adelric only wants to save her- save her from the pain he causes her and the sorrow that follows him everywhere he goes. He will be better in the Basin, he tries to convince himself, because he can start over. He can escape the sadness that follows him, escape the bad things that he makes happen, escape the disaster of a life he has made for his mother. Oh, he knows she loves him, but he doesn’t think that love makes her happy.

He will sacrifice himself for her, because it is the only decent thing left for him to do.

Quietly, then, he wanders, bi-hued eyes watching the world with curiosity, trying to find the mother that he so closely resembles. She proves difficult to locate near the tents, so he widens his search; how strange, then, that he should wander towards one very, very angry mare. Clearly this is a rage that he has not caused. His mind, ever eager to learn, urges him to postpone his search for his mother, at least for the moment, to watch this women. She paces for a moment before violently tearing something from her mane, tossing it to the wind. For a moment the half-child considers chasing after it, but he stands upwind of her and the feather has drifted off in the other direction. He decides it is best to remain hidden in the boughs of the cherry trees for the moment, especially as the mare seems to have violently exploded.

Surprise hardly covers the range of emotions the colt was feeling and the buck fawn that followed him bleated out unexpectedly in fright. Ever steady, the half-child reaches his nose to the side to comfort the frightened cerndyr, though his eyes never leave the mare who has ignited herself. It more than piques his interested that she is seemingly not affected by the flames herself. Why does the ground burn, the tree burn, the grass burn, but the mare does not? Indeed, if her desire is to become a feared name in Helovia, she has had quite the opposite effect on young Adelric.

Cautiously, for he is not yet sure that he is immune to the flames, the half-child emerges from the cherry blossoms and tilts his head, surveying the scene. The cerndyr decides to remain in the shadows for the moment, watching with as much interest, but a stronger desire to continue on unseen. When he speaks, his voice is full of genuine curiosity- he wants to learn and does not judge the mare for her actions. “Why doesn’t the fire burn you?” he queries, ignoring the probably smarter question of why she burns everything else. He is growing braver since his talk with Ophelia. He is learning that he doesn’t have to please everybody, though there are still those he will go to any length to keep happy. He only hopes, now, that the pretty flame-encased mare does not decide to turn her magic onto him.

Image Credit to Dark
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Adelric at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Adelric unless it is in an opening post

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen

Contently Rei's eyes scanned the island. Caela Insula. Even the name was appealing. There was no doubt in the pegasus' mind that it was a gift from the gods themselves.

"Whoah! Her heart lurched as she spotted a pegasus on fire. How in the world....

Rei's thought was cut off prematurely as she realized how the mare had managed to get herself into such a situation. Apparently the flames were her own. They did not burn her, but she was willing to let them burn everything else.

Seething she remembered the night she had spent putting out the fire in the meadow. The stricken faces of the animals who had been forced to flee from their homes came back to her mind. This reckless fool was about to doom creatures who called the island home to the same fate. What was her problem?

"Stop." The word wasn't the command that she had wanted it to be. It didn't ring out with authority, it was a panicked mumble. Rei's voice was inexperienced with having to carry the weight of a command, or anger for that matter. And now it was having to suddenly cope with the weight of both being thrust upon it.

"You! Quit that! Do you have any idea of what you are about to cause?" There. That was it. That was the tone she had wished to achieve.

Ears pinned back Rei barreled towards the traitor that threatened the island. Over her dead body would someone destroy the tranquility of the sky's island.

x - x
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
I could smell the smoke, rising from the breeze as a warning. Ears shot up and crown rose with eyes angling toward the distant plume that arose from a distant mound. “Fina,” she glanced up and nodded, talons digging into my spine before blazing appendages opened to catch the breeze and send her lean avian body skyward. “Fire,” she stiffened and climbed higher. Ivory feathers spread, I lunged from the grass and took to heaven. There hadn’t been any lightning strikes, or recent storms – so it was unlikely a wildfire. Perhaps someone had just realized their full potential at magic and accidently set something ablaze?

In moments we'd arrived, three individuals, one hidden behind a tree, warily looking at the scene. The other on fire and a spotted lass who appeared to be in a heated conversation. Sand magic pooled from my soul, pouring into the ground and causing golden granules rise to the surface. The grass was still holding the majority of its water and was not be so easily lite aflame – though a dry season had lingered and it wouldn’t take long before this meadow was nothing more than a charred memory of its former glory.

I covered the turf with a layer of sand, trying to shield the fragile flora from her attack. The grit spread to where she stood and lingered on the outskirts of what had already been scorched. “What madness stirs ye to catch everything ablaze?” tone bellowed from above, firm but not angered, I remained aloft. Fina hoovered close by. Sand pools around the base of a various trees, sliding up to cover the branches and leaves. Snuffing out the oxygen and hopefully saving the plants from further harm.

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Bellona Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0hh :: 7 years old Buff: NOVICE
Mictla :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow Nyte
grief never mended
any broken bones

The child is far too strange for the bird's liking. Even upon her back -- where her hardened stare cannot reach him -- she can feel his body twisting, changing, morphing into something that it should not be. There really is no explanation for it, either; the Aztec had not known what the behemoth had been carrying in its pouch, just as she had not known what to expect when the babe rebuilt its own shell.

How is that possible? I saw you lying on that shore. I saw you die! Her exclamations are not as silent as she thinks, and the child -- who has taken up the form of a young hyena cub -- buries his face into his mother's pretty feathers. The peahen might not have come to realize that she now shares a bond with the trembling rougarou, but he is certainly aware of it. Unfortunately for the newborn, however, he has not yet begun to experiment with this bond, and is unable to plead with his mother for silence. His mind is left vulnerable to the vehement woman's attacks, and so he seeks comfort in watching her swaying wings. Unshifting brown eyes gaze at the beautiful things as he is berated for his own survival. She may not feel the same way towards him, but ever since his arrival into this world, he has loved her -- and will always love her -- with his dying breath.

Yet even with such a powerful feeling nestled between her wings, the peahen is ignorant of the boy’s true feelings. To her, his devotion is automatic; written into his very code like the genetic makeup of all living things. And so you should feel this, mictla. For without me, you would not have been saved. A stained neck twists itself so that a fiery orb can study her prize. “Do you know what you are, mictla? You are a vessel of death, just as I am one. We are omens, you and I. Miquiztetzahuitl. That is who we are.” The maiden turns to look back ahead, her jaw set and head held high as she delivers her charge with his first lesson. “I am cualneci-oquichtin. You are mictla. That is Nahuatl for ‘beautiful warrior’, and for ‘place of death’.” Her words are not as stern as they should be, and the Chieftess surprises herself with how freely she presents the abomination with information. Regardless of her uneasiness in knowing this, she parts her lips to carry on, having caught sight of something else that he must learn. “That is tletl, or fire. Do not touch that, for it-“ hurts. Her words trail off at the sight of the blazing tendrils, and her mouth sets itself in a frown. What is fire doing here?

Broad instruments move in swift, determined strokes as the bird flies closer to the flames. She reaches into the recesses of her cranium for an explanation, but her eyes find the source of the danger before her mind has a chance to explain. The hybrid’s stare heats up just as the air does, and a scream rips free from her vocal cords as she darts towards the emblazed figurine. “AURELIA!”

Her sudden shout stuns the hyena, and in response to his bonded’s panic he urges his bones to mold into something new. Spotted fur sheds itself until there is only naked flesh, but even that is quickly and smoothly replaced by a fresh layer of down. A tiny muzzle stretches out into a hardened beak, and brown eyes sink backwards until they are no longer set at the front of his face. Useless wings erupt from chubby sides while unwanted legs fold into the body. Near the end of this transformation, the rougarou chirrups in response to the beauty’s next chorus (which sounds something like, “HOW DARE YOU SHOW YOUR FACE AROUND HERE”). He isn’t sure why the pretty lady suddenly yearns for the blazing mare’s blood, but he also doesn’t know much about his ferocious steed. What he knows for certain, though, is that the porcelain bird has felt his mother’s wrath before. Why this is so important to the rainbow right now is unknown to him.

The speeding vixen seems not to care about whether he understands her or not, just as she cares not for any of the others who have gathered here. They are merely side shows to what is about to be the main attraction. A wicked smile replaces the frown that dances on her parted maw. Let the meteor react to the rainbow as she sees fit.

words. "more words."

Bellona
alan l @ flickr | subtlepatterns.com | larfsalot @ deviantart

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!
Permission granted for physical harassment!

baylee
The first to approach the Divergent Aurelia, is nothing special. A mere foal-- a pawn in the game of chess. He asks me why the fire does not burn me, but all I can do is laugh. My words are thrown into the air like a bullet out of a gun, quickly and loudy. "HAHA, oh how I wish I were immune! I burn after prolonged exposure! No one is naturally immune to their magic without an upgrade, unless you magic is something frilly and weak." Like healing magic, or passive magic, too. I look away from the foal as my scenery burns a bright orange.

The next to arrive is more than a pawn, but less than a bishop. A knight of some sort? Oh, you don't know chess? She is not unimportant, but far from the most important. "Oh, the mare from the Throat! I don't believe we got off on a good start!" Shall we even mention the cougars and my rude comment about trying to talk to the cats? It was an absurd idea to try to communicate with cats. "Do not tell me what to do, polka dots." My voice is stern, so much so it spooks me, but I like the power behind every word, as if I was meant to be some sort of powerful being. Who am I kidding? I'm fit to be queen of anything! except.. fire, perhaps?

Now comes a more important part to the story. The spotted Sultan of Dragon's Throat (at least that was how it was when I was part of the herd.) As he begins putting out my fire, I let my body cool back to it's normal self. My white pupils focus on the stallion that seems somewhat... important to this conversation. The very one who started my insanity? "I'm just madness, inside to out. Why do you seek to know about me? Why do you put out my fire? It is all I have left." I let my ears flatten against my skull. With a loud grunt I begin to turn away from them.

Before I begin walking away, the tackiest colored mutant freak joins us. "I can show my face wherever I want. This is not the Edge's land. I'm on bad terms with the Hidden Falls. I'd rather not sees those that suffocated me and stole my feathers, but I still have to look at them, don't I? I do not care if you want to see me or not. If you find me repulsive, look away. Please tell Kahlua that if she wishes to speak to me, she should not send her brightly colored peacock to find me. Or if you're from the Falls, well... I don't really care then. Eris and Circuta are no longer in my worries, and I shouldn't be in theirs." My voice is steady yet there is rage behind my words. My thoughts aren't strung together neatly, but what do they expect from a fireball? These horses don't deserve this island! They are as greedy as I am! I'm almost sure there are many horses here who have thought about challenging a lead. If they were have as wimpy as they are, perhaps they would take action. I do not fear failure, I grab it by the horns and dance till death.

Hidden Account
Adelric
The half-child is eager for a response, but he never expects the sort of chaotic half-answer that spurts from the mare’s mouth. It does burn her? He furrows his brow to watch, but perhaps the fire has not yet burned long enough to damage her. Is it strange, then, that the gentle child actually wishes to see the fire begin to affect her? Does that make him a sadist for wishing to see her burn? He does not ponder that question, preferring not to divulge too far into his own confused emotions, soul, head and heart. Instead, he is silently ponders what sort of frilly magic she speaks of, what an upgrade might be, and how he might acquire one. A question for the gods, perhaps. He’s glad she’s given him a moment, though, because the scene suddenly explodes with more winged creatures.

Oh, how he wishes Zunden were here to keep him safe. He shouldn’t have come back on his own.

Tobias, still hidden in the shadows, watches the spotted Pegasus with interested but ultimately decides that she is of no concern to his bonded. She seems to be directing her anger only towards Aurelia. ‘Leave her alone,’ Adelric wants to cry out to Rei, to protect Aurelia for some reason, but a quick check with the deer leaves him as confused as the cervid is. Not that he had time to say it anyway, the leader of his mother’s herd arrives and douses the flames. “Hey!” he calls out angrily to the hovering Czar, though his voice shakes with some amount of fear. He is trying to be like Ophelia has suggested and care less about what the rest of the world thinks of him but it is difficult. “I was studying that!” he adds, though perhaps his voice is lost in all the shouting.

One more comes, one more who ignores his very presence, and he can’t help but feel like an outcast among all of the winged creatures, everyone older and spitting words back and forth. There are clearly politics at play, mention of the Falls and the Edge, of names he doesn’t understand, and he tries to keep up but he can’t keep his mind off the way the fire danced over her body, over the ground, over the bark of the tree. The cerndyr tries to halt the child as he steps forward towards Aurelia, sending him an image of the two of them leaving, but Adelric is determined for the moment. He steps towards Aurelia, not too near, but near enough. “Can you do it again?” The rest have chosen to ignore him, so he ignores them too.

Once he would have been silent because he did not wish to upset them with his voice. Now he has found something that is more important to him, even than being liked.

@[Bellona] @[Rei]

Image Credit to Dark
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Adelric at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
Rei
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

Rei's temper eased with the faltering of the reckless mare's flames. She could still feel her pulse racing; if the flames flared up again there would be no hesitation on her part to chase the other pegasus from the island. Far from the island.

"Oh, the mare from the Throat! I don't believe we got off on a good start! Do not tell me what to do, polka dots."

Immediately Rei's ears pressed back against her head. Rage once again clawed at her usual level-headedness. Tears gathered in her eyes, not of hurt but instead formed as a manifestation of her overwhelming anger towards this pegasus. The degrading mention of her color brought forth flashbacks from her home and the intense racism she had faced there anytime she had ventured out without her black paint smathered on.

"Do not call me 'Polka-Dots'. Mad or not demonstrate some self control. You are a grown mare for heaven's sakes." There was no friendliness in Rei's voice for once. Instead they were sharp and clipped. "Looks to me like you do have a gift much more important than only your magic left. You have someone." Her words had softened considerably. "The colt has bravely approached you; despite the rest of our reactions he has shown you loyalty. That is not something to be overlooked." Still speaking to the other pegasus but not looking at her Rei tried to show kindness to the crazy one in their midst. There was still anger that simmered but Rei's heart still went out to her. "Your magic doesn't have to be all that you have left. I am willing to offer you a fresh start if you quit being destructive towards the island," it was a somewhat begrudging offer, but she did mean it. "No more being destructive to anything." Including yourself Rei added silently.

Credits: Thank you Shady and Tamme!
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Heaven have mercy. The colt bellows to me, pleading for a cease of the lifesaving granules that smother the flames and save the land from further unneeded punishment. I’m not given the chance to answer his cry before one of my own clankin comes charging into the area; a name upon her lips and a snarl upon brow. Bellona, a newblood spy. Recently accepted into the fold, yet proving to be an asset to our family.

I turn attention away from the dashing mare, her companion and various other folk as the fiery form below finally fades into the shape of a familiar woman. Yar, I knew this mare. Brows narrowed, a frown formed at her reply. Wounded pride or grief stirred this conflict. Ears slide back against skull and lips moved to retort her reply, but my reaction was cut off by the string of words to follow.

Apparently…this was the lass which had caused issue in my herd. A captive and runaway from her own family.

Emotions are running hot, hotter than the flames of her magic. I remained aloft and slightly bemused by all this....drama, knowing that to add my voice to the wild string of overly vocal females would only aid in further confusion. In truth my heart was curious about the one called Aurelia. Narrowed gaze turns to exotically painted lass, “Peace Bellona. She is of no threat to us.” I cared not for this confusing ramble; they yelled and bickered at each other as children might.

“Aurelia,” feathers flapped hard, holding my position with practiced strain that would be nearly impossible for one of larger girth, “I halt thee fire for the sake of this island – the earth and plants have done nothing against ye and thus do not deserve wrath.”
Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Bellona Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0hh :: 7 years old Buff: NOVICE
Mictla :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow Nyte
grief never mended
any broken bones

Had the vixen ignored the others present here she certainly noticed them now. At the scorching wench's speech a plethora of emotion rises up to mix with her fury; the bird may hasten towards outrage, but the flicker of an ear towards her Czar indicates that she has received his words. As much as her skin itches to redirect another sort of fire back at the bitch, the color-stained warrior must admit that her leader is right.

Diving to the right -- which throws the squawking boy into the base of one wing -- the bird arcs back towards her lead. She finds her place beside him, lazily keeping her body there as if she has done it a thousand times before. The maiden may hold a new place among his herd, but that will not halt her desire to be closer to the top.

She casts a glance over to the stout little man. Her burning eyes may betray her suspicion, but her lips certainly do not. "As you see fit, Midas." The Aztec redirects her stare to that of a frosted boy, and her heartbeat starts to quicken. What is one so young doing out here? It is a dark curiosity that she possesses; one filled more with distrust than with genuine interest, although the feeling is not directed at the colt. "As soon as that tzitzimitl makes a move on the boy, though, do not expect me to remain by your side." Her words are cool, but the Chieftess wants the hovering man to know that she will strike as soon as the girl does. She doesn't care that the painted man is trying to reason with the explosive firecracker down below, and she certainly doesn't care whether he will find her act treasonous or not. The bird yearns only for an excuse to tear a pretty white strip off the shrieking lass, and an assault on the child is just what she's looking for. Make a move, ichpochtlaheliloc. I dare you.

In all of the peahen's intensity she seems to have forgotten all about the boy who sits between her churning wings. His fluffy white face twists from one side to the other, focusing his stare on one screaming female to the next. He doesn't know what to make of the white one; the one who burns like the sun. All that he knows is that she is dangerous, and he is uncomfortable with the fact that his mother wishes to touch her. Kill her, more like. Yet even in the chick’s uncertainty of the Aztec’s intentions he knows that he will be safe. Perhaps he is being too assuming of her character. He doesn’t know the pretty lady very well, after all. His flightless body shivers at the thought.

words. "more words."

{tzitzimitl -- demon
ichpochtlaheliloc -- young evil woman}
Bellona
alan l @ flickr | subtlepatterns.com | larfsalot @ deviantart

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!
Permission granted for physical harassment!

baylee
The foal pipes up and a large chesire smile lights up on my face. Truly, I am delighted. "Studying me, eh? Are you some sort of spy? Or, perhaps.... a scholar?" My full attention is focused on the boy. Inverted pupils stare at him. My gaze is unwavering as I continue to stare at him, both curious and annoyed. What could a little foal ever do for me? If I just nabbed him now, I would have to wait until he was grown before actually doing anything with him. Until then, he'd be a gun without bullets. "I could light up again. However, I don't want sand thrown on me." I turn my hot gaze at Midas for a split second, but when my focus is away from the boy, everyone else's voice bang around in my ears, forcing me to listen.

"Mad or not demonstrate some self control. You are a grown mare for heaven's sakes." "I don't consider a newly aged three year old grown, but whatever polka dots wants, I guess." The nickname is not intended to be rude, now. It is merely a name, something forgotten after it's host dies. Names... why are they so important? I would not object to change my name, in fact it might be a pleasant update. "I won't conform to what you want me to be. If you don't like me, don't let the door hit you on the way out." My ears flatten as I bare my teeth at her.

Even through my harshness, Rei offers me a fresh start if I quite being destructive. "Africa won't let me back in. If you must know... I had left the Throat as a yearling. She had said I would always be welcome back, but upon visitation she did not allow me back. I've run out of fresh starts, you see. The Falls horses will surely decapitate me if I show up there again. The Basin is full of racists." At least that was what the golden goat stallion had said to her during her meeting with Destrier. "And I know for a fact, Kaj will slay me if I even come near his herd." I keep my gaze pinned on Polka-Dots. "I'm fine with being alone. Then I won't have some leader shouting commands at me." Or even a very hormonal Medic screaming at me.

I am silent towards Midas, afraid that if I open my mouth emotion that I've been hiding will pour out. I keep quiet, a padlock on my lips. In my silence, I have turned from them. This conversation should end now before it escalates to them building me a prison right here. Would that be so bad? At least if I were to be in a prison, I would have food and water... and I would know where my place is, but out here... Every man for himself. The parrot says stuff and I reply in a mumble. "Why would I attack a foal? I do have children of my own. Though, I guess in your eyes, I'll be perceived as a slut, right?" It was only inevitable. I didn't turn around at all to face them. In fact, I walked a few paces away from them before my ivory wings unfolded. The scar under my wing was very visible, but that was not my intention. No, my intention was to fly away. There were other scars along my body. Another prominent one, was from the black cat that had been the lightning mare's companion. The cat had bitten my shoulder-chest area right before Circuta had knocked me out. Then it had turned out the cat was the companion of my mate's mom. Destry, my mate. Where has she been? Everything is fucked up, isn't it?

ooc: So sorry for the wait! Also, this kinda sucked x-x ALSO, I think she'll take flight next post unless someone like runs at her and attacks her :3

Hidden Account
Adelric
The half-child hears Aurelia’s words to him, and appropriately glares at Midas’ in response to the comment about sand. After all, Midas’ is not his king anymore- what good does it do to pay respects to a creature who is so callous? However, for all his glaring, the half-child does not answer Aurelia’s question. Perhaps it is because he doesn’t actually know what he is- spy, scholar, something else? He’s too young to know and too hesitant to label himself as of yet. So, instead, he turns to Rei and shouts back at her, “Stop telling her what to do. You go live your life the way you want to and she can live hers the way she wants to.”

But does he really care about Aurelia, or are these mild bursts of anger in response to his frustrations about his own sense of self? Interestingly, it is now that Tobias chooses to send Adelric an image of his twin sister. What is the cervid trying to say- that Adelric is being strong and fighting back, that he has found some strength within himself that he usually finds within her? Adelric does not know, but now is not the time to have intimate discussions with the cerndyr.

The golden mare is speaking again, offering her history, but suddenly the colt is disgusted with her as much as the rest of them. The man in the sky dampening her fire, the painted woman telling her to act grown, the peahen who hovers there with shouting words of her own, and now Aurelia, who whines about her misfortunes in life like they’ve all been thrust upon her with no option to change. Well change! he wants to scream at her. Light up the land, emblazon yourself with fire, ignite this Africa who holds you back, make your own fresh start! But the words don’t come, because he is not motivating or brave or smart. For all he knows, his ideas are foolish and childish, headstrong and rash.

So he lets her walk away, does not call to her to stop or turn around. Instead, he takes a few steps towards Tobias, extending his nose to the cerndyr who reveals himself from the shrubbery to stand at the colt’s side. His mild anger still bubbles beneath his skin, and the colt finds that he isn’t really certain what to do about it. He has never been fiery like Zunden- he does not know how to handle this.

@[Bellona] @[Rei]

Image Credit to Dark

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily
Kiara

What had brought them there, the red roan did not know. Keiran had insisted on going to visit the island in the sky. We have only been here once before, for a herd meeting. She had seen her twins then, she can only hope they are still up there and just had not returned home. She can still hold out that hope right? They moved as one across the land, her frame stretching and moving in ways it had not since her run to the Heavenly Fields. Oh how she wondered if things would be different for her life if she had not run that night. She would not have twins, that is for sure..... But could she really regret that run if it lead to her precious son and daughter's birth?

As they use the clouds to float to the top, she halts and the panther looks on. Her son is here, along with a Pegasus who she knows from the falls but does not recall her name. Of course to make matters worse so is Midas. The roan is torn, hesitant to approach any sort of fighting..... But her motherly instinct to protect Adelric was strong as well. But he was growing up, and had to learn to fight his own battles. Keiran noticed the fawn before Kiara did, and drew his bonded's attention to it. Look. He stronger than you think. Bonded himself. Keiran purred with pride at the boy's accomplishment. She smiled, taking in the fawn with her green eyes. He is stronger than I have given him credit for. She was happy for her son, but sad in the fact he no longer needed her. Find good stallion, have foal after you get magic from Gods. Keiran pipped up in her mind. Kiara merely nodded, standing at the edge of the island. She wasn't sure if she should speak up or just listen to all the others.....

"Talking"

Image Credit

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.