the Rift

sky full of stars

Hippolyta Posts: 3
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15hh :: 4
Adoptable
She could still remember the shame. The gasps as she fell face first at her sister’s feet. She could remember the sound of her sister’s triumphant laughter. Most of all she could remember her mother’s sighs and turning her face away as she rose up to her feet. In the end she had fled with her tail between her leg and her head held low. There had been no reason to remain in that clan. Hippolyta was destined for greatness, she had been told that she was a suckling babe. Silently she clung to that pitiful hope that somewhere there was glory waiting for her. She clung to the potential of her own legacy that lay in lands yet to be discovered.

Today she found herself resting beside a slow running brook. She yawned as she glanced about the foreign forest. Her leonine tail swished from left to right near her ankles. Scents hung about in the air and every now and then she would catch sight of a figure off in the distance. Hippolyta wasn’t entirely sure what kind of country she had wandered into. One never knew what the inhabitants would be like. Far too many she had faced were hard driven and cruel. Multiple times she had stumbled upon stallions foolish enough to mark her as their own. They were nothing but primitive imbeciles that had been of no issue to thwart. Even if she had failed before, she was no weakling that would roll over to the whims of patriarchal pigs.

She lowered her head down to the brook and took large gulps of water before lifting her head and glancing about as unfamiliar scents wafted into her nostrils once again. Both ears pivoted against as she sensed another’s presence. Slowly she turned her head in the direction of the sound and narrowed her eyes slightly.

[Open to all! No idea where I want her to go yet so all herds and groups are welcome. Don’t tag me in future posts, please, thank you]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

midas
I keep you safe. I keep you fine
The morning air was crisp, fresh and energizing. I slipped down one of Thresholds many trails, hard daggers smoothly continuing the tradition of packing the well-worn path. Hinds, hogs and various other wildlife often scurried across, though, these eyes would never catch more than a glance of their rear as they skillfully disappeared into the undergrowth or behind a nearby tree. Every so often a doe, trailed by a roebuck or unspotted yearling would emerge, they’d pause for a moment, scent the air and decide flight over fight. Patched sunlight filtered from above, casting the ground ablaze with the remainder of Orangemoon warmth. Soon these parts of Helovia would be coated in frost, and the trails would be littered with brown leaves.

Lips subconsciously slapped together, I could almost taste the bitter dryness of tongue as it ran across pinkish gums. Angling toward a purpose of quenching thirst I broke from the path and turned downhill to where a nearby stream would bubble to a head. Hooves sank into the cushion of earth, and the evergreen timbers thinned on either side. A figure stood by the brook, her dark eyes catching me firmly in their sight. I slowed, though didn’t entirely stop the approach – honeyed gaze held forward without flinch or wary, “Good morning, m’lady.” Body shifted toward the water, a stone’s throw from where the stranger lingered. “Might I join ye?” I asked to be courteous, on the side chance that she’d prefer to me to continue down the waterway, find my drink at less crowded waters.

image credit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Up For Adoption
Adoptable
Hippolyta flicked the tip of her tail as a stallion appeared. He greeted her but she offered no words, instead he was simply given a slight dip of her head. Then he asked a question and she slowly dipped her head and stepped back. There was no reason to create dispute with a stranger. Company never did hurt anyways, even if she did prefer the silence of her solitude. She found a patch of grass to graze at keeping a careful eye on the stallion’s every move. From their brief time he seemed harmless enough, but she knew better than to blindly trust a stranger. As she swallowed her mouthful of grass and decided for the moment she craved conversation. The solitary life of a wanderer did wear down on her every now and then even if she herself was an introvert.

“I’m Hippolyta,” she said breaking the silence that hung in the air. Still the Valkyrie watched him and would keep his distance. Carefully she shifted her weight onto her left side. She offered no inquiry to his own name instead she simply looked at him expectantly. Perhaps it was rude to begin conversation and not be the one to carry it on. Then again, Hippolyta had never been fond of idle chitchat. It may also be wise to investigate the land she had stumbled upon. Plenty of times she had blindly wandered into lands only to face trouble and chaos which was the last thing the tired Valkyrie desired.
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

midas
With her silent permission I eagerly draw forward, still angling politely to keep a respectable amount of distance between us. Neck bends and crown falls, dropping toward the crisp stream that slipped between pebbles and moss. Muzzle lingers on the surface before plunging deep; the sounds of my own thirsty pulls are what resonates across senses. The life giving liquid trails into and down a hot throat. When my thirst is quenched I rise up, chin still dripping. One ear is bent toward yon lady, her name was offered and it would be rude to not return Hippolyta’s offering for conversation, “and I’m Midas.”

Amber gaze drifts toward her expectant pools, a small smile forms without certainty or care that there might not be one in return, “If ye doesn’t mind the asking, what brings ye to this woods?” Aimed to be more of a conversation stir, I didn’t forecast an overly open response. Luckily for us both, she didn’t appear overly exhausted as some of the wanderers did upon arrival. Say true though, the musk of travel was still evidently thick upon pelt, and none of the familiar herdfolk scents lingered. All clear signs that Hippolyta was an outcast, sent to drift among the shadows of wolves.

Frostfall would be here soon, the chill upon a passing breeze is a telling sign that Orangemoon was ushering out. Either the outcasts would survive out in this wilderness alone, or else they’d be taken beneath the wings of various clan folk.

image credit

Up For Adoption
Adoptable
Hipolyta shifted slightly as he persisted to ask further. Rather than answer she simply shrugged her shoulders and looked out beyond the treeline. She pondered for a long moment what lay beyond and perhaps she may have discovered somewhere worth claiming as her own. Maybe she had found her plac to build her own legacy and story. They wouldn’t know her for her sisters or her mother’s history, but, her own. At the same time, leadership sounded cumbersome. Yes she would see what lay beyond this forest and what other paths could lay before her feet beyond this land.

“I’m a tired wanderer… You?” She asked her eyes locking upon Midas. Of course she wouldn’t be foolish enough trust the stallion. “Tell me about this place. It’s not a coincidence you’ve wandered here?” There was an evident suspicion. The mare scented somewhere else on this stallion, but there was no telling where it was due to the strangeness of this land. She twitched the tip of her tail left and right and one ear switched toward the back of her head as she anticipated an answer. At best she could glean some information from this Midas and be on her way, leave behind a strange stallion. Some may view such suspicions as prejudice, but Hippolyta had seen the foulness that ran through a man’s blood. Didn’t they often live in a patriarchal world? Would it be ridiculous to inquire the status of equality in this land? Ah ,she had no time to waste to listen in on the plights of women from the mouth of a man.

@[Midas]
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

midas
There was a long pause. One I thought would last past the point of comfort; finally though, the wayward wanderer replied. Answering the obvious and returning my inquiry with questions of her own. The corner of one lip twitched, higher than before and without the same reverse she was favoring me. There was good reason for this lady to question a stranger, yar, some would even call it wisdom. “Aye, ye speaks true.” Grin widened, I’d give what she asked for and freely, “This is Helovia, and ye stands on the Threshold. A place where wandering souls gather – ladies and fellows come from various herds, aiming to provide information and the offering of sanctuary within our homes.”

Feathers tightened their hold against my barrel, shifting along spine before settling once more. “I am one such fellow; hailing from Hidden Falls. North of here.” Evenly my gaze shifted toward the southernmost direction, “Farther South lies a warmer sea and a desert titled Dragon’s Throat.”

“Worlds Edge sits along the coast in the Northwest and Aurora Basin is hidden deep within the North, nestled among the frost and snow.” Pools returned to her with a polite nod, “It would be wise to not linger here long Hippolyta. Not just for the danger this forest can harbor, but I’m sure ye can sense it. Winter, or as we call it Frostfall. Is coming.” I’d seen many choose to live within the wildlands and survive the cold. Aye, it could be done; but at what sacrifice of wit did they manage such feat?
image credit