the Rift

sky full of stars
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

midas
I keep you safe. I keep you fine
The morning air was crisp, fresh and energizing. I slipped down one of Thresholds many trails, hard daggers smoothly continuing the tradition of packing the well-worn path. Hinds, hogs and various other wildlife often scurried across, though, these eyes would never catch more than a glance of their rear as they skillfully disappeared into the undergrowth or behind a nearby tree. Every so often a doe, trailed by a roebuck or unspotted yearling would emerge, they’d pause for a moment, scent the air and decide flight over fight. Patched sunlight filtered from above, casting the ground ablaze with the remainder of Orangemoon warmth. Soon these parts of Helovia would be coated in frost, and the trails would be littered with brown leaves.

Lips subconsciously slapped together, I could almost taste the bitter dryness of tongue as it ran across pinkish gums. Angling toward a purpose of quenching thirst I broke from the path and turned downhill to where a nearby stream would bubble to a head. Hooves sank into the cushion of earth, and the evergreen timbers thinned on either side. A figure stood by the brook, her dark eyes catching me firmly in their sight. I slowed, though didn’t entirely stop the approach – honeyed gaze held forward without flinch or wary, “Good morning, m’lady.” Body shifted toward the water, a stone’s throw from where the stranger lingered. “Might I join ye?” I asked to be courteous, on the side chance that she’d prefer to me to continue down the waterway, find my drink at less crowded waters.

image credit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
sky full of stars - by Hippolyta - 09-02-2014, 03:06 AM
RE: sky full of stars - by Midas - 09-02-2014, 12:08 PM
RE: sky full of stars - by Hippolyta - 09-10-2014, 02:37 AM
RE: sky full of stars - by Midas - 09-11-2014, 10:06 AM
RE: sky full of stars - by Hippolyta - 09-27-2014, 01:53 AM
RE: sky full of stars - by Midas - 09-27-2014, 12:00 PM