the Rift

[OPEN] Heat of the Sun [Welcoming]

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

Slowly inwardly he was gaining that wicked grin back. The more the girl walked in trust next to his limping form the more his heart began to pick up the pace, and his mind began to spin. Like a jet engine it took a moment to get itself going, but even then it was a force to be reckoned with. The golden had not been thick enough, even in the swirled lingers of pain to not notice how the splashed bird had narrowed her eyes at him. How she became tenser with the suggestion and questioning herself. But then she nodded, and the gold’s breath came easier. He lets a small smile pass his lips and a long sigh, seemingly held for all those weeks of being an outcast. Nodding he raises his head, tentatively but with a renewed confidence in the hope for the future. “Thank you Andromeda, I will do my new family proud.” Which ‘family’ he did not say. Then as she moves next to him he takes a small step. His hind swings, then hitches as it had for all those long steps from the Threshold, but the gold wills it, slowly to go on, and much to his shock, finds nothing but a tight soreness. Another long exhale leaves him, and the next step is with more security than before.

Together, side by side they walk. It was not a normal feeling for the gold to allow another to walk as such, but it was or a good cause was it not? So he makes himself soft and looks over to her as they go with appreciation. All the while his mind develops his story line. It edits it with a sharp eye and adds a few notes. Fleshing it out into a piece of art if the gold could say so himself. All they while the slow, limping beast takes the path the splashed bird chooses towards the Throat. The air gets drier, and saltier. Black dirt begins to turn to sand. They are nearly there.

Once they come to the boarder, he assumes, of the land the golden is ready. His mind now returned to be as sharp as a tack, heightened even more by the heat surrounding him. The old near burning touch of the sun, the shifting sands under his cloven hooves, and the hot breeze rising up under his vanilla mane to kiss his leafen star, it is all so known. So familiar. The golden son inhales the hot air and whispers out so perhaps she can just hear, “I was born in a desert. I missed it.” Then the golden seems to awake, too many memories tied to those which always seemed to bring him down. He was a different horse now, with a different history. For a moment though a more whole feeling of home made it a struggle. The golden man always came through though. He was not only a master of the mind of others, but most certainly of his. So he looks to his host with a warm smile and then forward, a hidden wicked grin growing in his soul.

OOC :: Andromeda, then open to all.
"speech"
@[Andromeda]

Heat of the son, Heat of the sands,
Some even get, a heat from within.
credits

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Andromeda Posts: 91
Dragon's Throat Healer
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 5 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
I lead him, but as an equal, by his side. I sense some discontent at this from Thranduil, but perhaps it is because we are walking much closer than we might otherwise be. I don't pester him with questions, nor do I give him more than a cursory glance here and there to see how he's doing. The open, friendly, talkative attitude that I had going on before has faded and I'm back to my more normal self - not so much the talkative type. Silence hugs me like a warm blanket that I am loathe to shed in these cool winter months. Even the desert is not immune to Frostfall's icy grip.

Thranduil is nearly as silent, excepting when we leave the Forest and when we arrive in the desert. These thanks and promises he will have to prove over time. Actions speak louder than words. Dalibor leaving me.. up and leaving.. after the words he said.. That action seals the deal, and left my heart broken. Actions, my dears. I want to see that this Thranduil can really prove himself. But though I may have doubted his sincerity before, excepting for his pain, once again I believe his words. The sentimental tone that colors his words is as true as true gets, and I believe that he was once a son of the desert. As for me, I don't believe that I've ever belonged in the desert.

The sun, the heat, none of it really suits me. Why I am even in the Throat? I am no disciple of the Sun God. I love the moon and worship her cool, nonjudgmental gaze. I love the night and the stars that shine above, twinkling at me with their secrets. But here I am in the land of the Sun God. Leading this Golden boy to his ways. There was no good way to explain the turn of things from day to day. I whinny into the open air, calling out to any who may be patrolling the borders. Sohalia, specifically.

WC: 340
Tag: @[Sohalia], @[Thranduil]

ANDROMEDA
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Andromeda excluding dismemberment and death.
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd
WENT THE DISTANCE, NOW I'M NOT GONNA STOP.
JUST A MAN AND HIS WILL TO SURVIVE.
</style>

High above, Gaucho patrolled.

The air was brisk, but the WildFire didn't mind. Every now and then fire flared down from his beating wings creating warm thermals for him to glide upon. It wasn't his 'turn' to patrol, but as the herd's gladiator, he felt the need to continually check their borders. It wasn't clear to him that his warriors who were with him in the skies were necessarily taking things as seriously as they ought to. Certainly he didn't think that the citizens who were forced to patrol did. How could they? Mara tried to reassure him that their citizens did not need to have any military might in their background in order to be useful, but the WildFire remained unconvinced. Why send them for patrols if they didn't know what they were doing?

Flaring fire heralded his arrival high overhead. Although he recognized Andromeda from his lofty position, he did not recognize Thranduil (luckily). He passed over the two without much thought. The dun assumed that, given that the star-speckled mara appeared relatively at ease, his presence was not needed below. Likely she had found someone who needed to be healed, or perhaps needed to be accepted into the herd. As such, it fell out of his domain of influence - clearly the golden one below needed either Sohalia or Africa, or Andromeda herself.

Continuing onwards, Gaucho flew North. Little did he realize that the Golden Trickster he was subconsciously searching for had just entered into his borders.

He would surely regret not having stopped to investigate.

(Set before Gaucho becomes a lead. Just flying overhead.)

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.