the Rift

Saints And Sinners, We're All The Same When They Peel Our Skin Back

Onsoun Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
My heart is rotten, I know this. Rotten to the core and yet it yearns for the company of my family and my companion, but accompanying that is a festering anger that bubbles more and more with a hatred. This is evident from the mumbling I produce from my throat, I am not here on accident, I am here for a purpose. For the promise land of which my prized child had spoken of when we met. When she had some child of a pale colour trailing after her. A frown appears on my white face, the child was nothing I had expected Adrixaura to produce. I had expected something more grand, something worthy of my blood. Of my princess, my first legitimate child. The one who pierced my soul with her love like her mother had. But instead she had presented some cream thing with a personality that contrasted me and Adrixauras. Oh my dear Adri, how I miss her wit and sharp tongue. She's probably hunting Nephelia, my daughter who tore my face and left a scar upon my left cheek. And yet, here I am letting her risk her life in whatever the hell it is that she does. But it doesn't bother me, my child is strong and handles herself well. This thought causes my head to raise in enjoyment and memories of her chasing my companion and torturing him with love fill my head. This only fuels my hatred for what I left behind. For the murderers. But for some reason I cannot help but smile, for I know when they die he will be waiting at the edge of the after life. Thirsting for their souls such I myself do. Thirsting for justice. And who could blame him? Wrongfully executed and his race wiped from the face of the lands? Genocide, it's a cruel thing even I never intended to commit. That being said, it's not like it never happened when I refused to help the mortals. However I never refused them to torture them, I refused to help because their constant fighting and killing had made me sick. It's different when I kill, because I know why I'm doing it. For the pure release of emotions. To relieve myself of pain and anger. But the mortals? They didn't know why they were killing. And it's this thought that makes my legs pause and my ears twitch, will I walk into a battle field as a scarred, humiliated God now bound to a mortal life? For a moment I think of what it would be like to die as a mortal. Not bound to be reborn in the next few years, but allowed to sleep peacefully in the ground. It must be nice. A smirk forms upon my lips and I can't help but amuse myself with the idea of my own death. I'd probably die from tongue being too loose, wouldn't that be ironic? To die from what my family warned me of? But it matters not, if I die I will die finally. I will be allowed an endless sleep instead of a painful awakening or appearing somewhere in the lands without so much as a thought of where I am. Oh God that thought makes me savour the idea of dieing, but then again I have not come here to die. I have come here, to survive. To the promise land of which she spoke. It's only when I notice that I have been ramming my head into a tree that I stop and stare at the surroundings, I don't see much from the gashes now in my head. I suppose that comes as a consequence when you're sanity finally snaps, but a small glimmer of hope tells me that perhaps I will find a few shards of sanity here. Maybe small, but one can hope right? Even when their heart is a festering dead organ.
Not my best Onsoun, but my first time trying him as a Mortal. Onsoun posts are usually much longer but I didn't want to freak Sia or anyone out too much xD @[Sikeax] OPEN as well.
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
[Image: 53c23221eee99]
I walked this land, threshold. I’d been on the hunt for those seeking refuge, needing aid and a mix of the two – strong mares and stallions who had simply lost their way in life and were in need of a second chance, or perhaps desired something more than what our wild lands would offer.

A lone wolf sang out, somewhere distance, his pained cry a fever of hungry and yearning. Orangemoon. A time for things to either fatten up for the coming winter, or die beneath the moon as darkness fell and the warm sun vanished from sight early on.

Already our nights had grown colder; fur had begun to layer itself – thickening, offering early protection. I imagine by the time Frostfall arrived I’d be sporting a full coat. My first actually, since having moved to the Falls from Helovia’s heart. Dragon’s Throat had grown cool, but never to the point that which required our bodies to produce thick hair. Nay, this would be my first fledged winter in the northern parts.

Fina chortled from my rear, chirping gleefully. She rather liked the chilly weather. Talons slipped along flesh, finding ample grasp that allowed her to sway in an angle as I walked down a well-worn path under the evening sky. It was clear tonight, diamonds, cold and bright shined high above the canopy. Their grace was masked through the dense growth. A stranger was near, his shadow and scent lingered on the trails.

Ears shifted, swiveling to catch the faint sounds of motion and perhaps the hushed whispers of a breath being withdrawn, “Long days and pleasant nights to ye,” frame paused its forward motions, forelimbs growing still as gaze rose to linger on one particular fellow, between trees and nearly out of sight.
[Image: 53c231fe00a58]
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Unregistered
My ears twitch at another voice, and a snort comes from me. I turn my head a bit, green eyes watching them carefully before I bend my head and wipe the blood from my face unto my leg and my eyes narrow slightly. Assessing the one who spoke before finally loosening my tongue. "I don't do pleasantries feathered one, half the time they're complete shit." Whether he likes my tone or not I do not care, but the fact that my head is bleeding is even more of an annoyance than my tone may ever be. At this moment my eyes capture the bird by him who is bright and my mind snaps to the recognition. Fire bird, rare in my lands but annoying. Once again I wipe my face of blood and grunt with displeasure. This time I believe I have clotted it. Though it will leave a scar, just another mark on a torn hide. Perhaps my worst scar is my left cheek where Neph tore the skin. Oh well. "And I doubt I will find pleasant nights until I find a proper place." Shifting my weight I watch his bird friend. I have a deep need to pluck it from him and strip it of feathers, every one of them I have met - granted it only being two, excluding this one - have caused me great annoyance. In the back of my head I search for words Kandra would use, he was the polite and proper one. My conscious, the one who made up for my bastardly ways. But I find nothing other than his constant nagging that I must introduce myself, but how do I do this properly? Do I bow like a gentleman, do I hold my head high as I have, or do I simply wait for his own introduction? No, I will do what I have known for my life. "Onsoun is my name. No nickname, nor do I require one. So feathered ones, what are your names?" I find it hard to say this, because the concern of others has never been a priority of mine meaning I am not sure how to properly interact. But I never have really. And that's fine, because in my book sinners don't require proper interactions. Watching him for too long reminds me of another painted being, though they lacked feathers, that I had met. Of course I didn't know them for long, they had been one who had annoyed me too far and fallen victim. It was her screams of fear that I remember the most, and the sweet relief of my own fears. My fears of being a father, though I do not believe that is what she feared. It is these thoughts that cause me to turn my head away. The last thing I require is fresh blood on my hands, not to mention I do not yearn for a fight right now.
Notes: Sorry for his grumpy nastiness.
@[Midas]

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
Find a way to believe in fate

Blood. It clotted the air with a staunch scent without a care for the nostrils of others. Snorts blew from her constantly, the stressed tossing of her head. The change of temperature added to the chills on her skin, a winter coat she lavished herself when she was young no longer coming as she expected it. The heat of the Dragon's Throat was eager to take the signs of Frostfall that she enjoyed so greatly without giving her a faint, distant glance.
Shivers spread across her skin, dragging shaking legs through undergrowth to a collection of voices ringing in her cupped ears, softened by the stretch of land and trees between her and the owners. Her own footfalls leave her alert, the low light adding no relief to her situation. In every bit of truth, she, for once, longed to return back home.
Midas and Fina are already, barely remembering when she'd first met them with fuzzy visions of her childhood hours. The dark was so much more soothing back though more dangerous than ever before. She resents her child self for every single curious adventure made out on a whim that led her to the place she was now. If she had been more careful back then, then she'd still have a piece of mind left over from her first birthday.
The fire stud is familiar in a distasteful deja vu, trying to place him into her mind when his puzzle piece isn't fitting in the correct place(if he does have one just for her) like Midas and the burning Fina did for her. Uneasy and seeking the comfort of someone she does know and could rarely place quick trust in, her steps go closer to the bird male, shuffling awkwardly as she listens to the newcomer speak. Blue eyes lock to him and the scar painted on his face, reminded of the days when Adrixaura had been wounded and later come to receive a nasty reminder that Sikeax couldn't burn from her memory.
Onsoun.
Harshly thrashed to glare at the fire male, a snort passes from her directed towards him. The comfort brought lightly by the presence of a trusted individual leaves her as electricity leaves a storm cloud in a bolt of lightning. She knows that name, but can't put the exact way of how she learned it.
"Sikeax, from the Dragon's Throat." A greeting to Midas would of been more polite(Cera had mentioned him as his father when they first met), but her manners pass away from her. Something tumbles like a rock in her chest with heavy weight, refusing to rip a hole in her to break out.

OOC: Their 'meeting' is supposed to be during the time she lost her memories, so she only knows Onsoun by Adrixaura mentioning him.

Image Credits
Table by Imi <3

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
[Image: 53c23221eee99]
This particular fellow was quick to speak; however, he appeared to be in a slight mood. I drew in a deep breath, inhaling the musk of travel. A clear sign that said man was certainly a wanderer and not from an existing herd. Yar, a wounded visitor, nostrils traced the rusty flavor on his skin. Fina merely blinked at the stallion, expressing her usual high level of disinterest in any and all conversations I found myself partaking with strangers. He addressed me as ‘feathered one,’ a thing which brought the corner of lips a little higher. Yar, a more youthful buck might have retorted with some remark in regard to such title – but I was no such youth.

He tacked on a name, Onsoun. I allowed it to bounce between frontal lobes before opening jaws with a reply, “I am Midas,” glancing toward the fire child I added simply, “this is Fina.” The equine male, this Onsoun, was surely not the worst mannered creature I’d ever run across; memory fondly cradled another certain male – of greater girth and even fouler tongue. “Ye seeks shelter and perhaps a healer?” An inquiry that was meant only to test the water.

Another traveler comes through the trees, aqua pools fitted uptop an avian skull shift to regard the youngling. Ebony ears twitched back a notch, I turned skull toward the little female. My smile gentled; she had the essence of salt and sand lingering upon flesh. Said throat filly announced herself, boldly as a woman and not a child.
[Image: 53c231fe00a58]
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Unregistered
He's too nice, too proper, too...mortal. These are my thoughts when he speaks. Midas, fits him. Fina is not a name I expect to be placed on a bird though. My thoughts are what makes me narrow my eyes and watch him carefully. Kindness is often used as a facade, and in this case I can tell if he is genuinely kind or playing tricks. Though I most likely will need my wound tended to I feel my jaw lock. I've never trusted the kindness of others. "No." The word rolls up my neck and slips out between gritted teeth. At the sound of another my ears twitch in severe annoyance, the way a cats tail thrashes back and forth. This one is small than the stallion and is most likely just as kind. But the blue eyes, oh they are so familiar to me. So blue like my own childs and then it clicks as to how I know her, at least I think it clicks. No I know it clicks. And this brings a crack of a smile to my face. "Yes I know who you are child. One always knows their kin, whether they have met or not. Though you do not seem to know or remember me. Although you were young." And to this child I do bow, or at least try one and it is then that I noticed that despite wiping the blood off I didn't clot my head injury. Looking at the two of them I can't help but laugh a bit before looking at Midas with an amused smile. "I might take you up on that healer offer, but as for a home? No, I'm not fit company for the kind." I laugh at my own words. Wouldn't it be ironic and sweet to die from blood loss? I wonder what death from blood loss feels like? No, I'm not bleeding enough to die, but bleeding enough to feel chills on my hide. "You know Sikeax your mother had told me you are training to be a healer" This is my attempt to forge something of a bond with my granddaughter.
Notes: e.o I no like this reply. But Onsoun knows when he's in need of help and is man enough to ask lol xD
@[Sikeax] @[Midas]

Tamme the Tempting Posts: 140
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 2 :: 2 HP: 9001 | Buff: Admin
Tamme
I am sorry you have been waiting for a reply for so long, Briallu!
I can go ahead and change your rank now to outcast so that you can continue writing on all of the boards.

Please send me a PM on this account to get a rank change right away.

@[Onsoun]