the Rift

Saints And Sinners, We're All The Same When They Peel Our Skin Back
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
[Image: 53c23221eee99]
I walked this land, threshold. I’d been on the hunt for those seeking refuge, needing aid and a mix of the two – strong mares and stallions who had simply lost their way in life and were in need of a second chance, or perhaps desired something more than what our wild lands would offer.

A lone wolf sang out, somewhere distance, his pained cry a fever of hungry and yearning. Orangemoon. A time for things to either fatten up for the coming winter, or die beneath the moon as darkness fell and the warm sun vanished from sight early on.

Already our nights had grown colder; fur had begun to layer itself – thickening, offering early protection. I imagine by the time Frostfall arrived I’d be sporting a full coat. My first actually, since having moved to the Falls from Helovia’s heart. Dragon’s Throat had grown cool, but never to the point that which required our bodies to produce thick hair. Nay, this would be my first fledged winter in the northern parts.

Fina chortled from my rear, chirping gleefully. She rather liked the chilly weather. Talons slipped along flesh, finding ample grasp that allowed her to sway in an angle as I walked down a well-worn path under the evening sky. It was clear tonight, diamonds, cold and bright shined high above the canopy. Their grace was masked through the dense growth. A stranger was near, his shadow and scent lingered on the trails.

Ears shifted, swiveling to catch the faint sounds of motion and perhaps the hushed whispers of a breath being withdrawn, “Long days and pleasant nights to ye,” frame paused its forward motions, forelimbs growing still as gaze rose to linger on one particular fellow, between trees and nearly out of sight.
[Image: 53c231fe00a58]
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Saints And Sinners, We're All The Same When They Peel Our Skin Back - by Midas - 09-04-2014, 08:13 PM