the Rift

and we'll never be royals

Blythe Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

BLYTHE AMAYA
WE LIVE IN CITIES YOU'LL NEVER SEE ON SCREEN,
NOT VERY PRETTY BUT WE SURE KNOW HOW TO RUN THINGS.

» the trees. they whispered things to her, mocking her as she past from their stoic perches. The feeling was driving her mad, the feeling of being watched, judged for all the things that were her fault and out of her control. How could she have saved them? She couldn't have, she knew she couldn't have. They had been far too small a herd, the opponents too many, too filled with hatred and malice to be matched. It was not a fair fight - but then again, when had the darks ever fought fair? It was not in their nature to pity, nor to have honor. Blythe spat, the motion sending a sharp pain through her cheek that made her wince, she was beginning to think that the honorable did not often win.

» she was quite ruined, they made sure of that. They had left the vestiges of her innocence intact, thank god, but they had ripped the skin from the right side of her face, leaving it a mass of oozing sores and raw flesh. She would no longer be the perfect princess, or even be considered pretty in the state she was left. The healing process left it itching, scratching it had left it open, and infection had begun to set in. It pained her more with every passing day, making it hard to sleep at night. Sleeplessness had brought on paranoia, and the whispering trees. How she hated the secrets those trees kept! Her own lands were an open valley with the freedom of sky and wind, not the suffocation of dark branches and leafy overgrowth. It made her want to scream, but she was too well-bred for such outbursts, and suffered in silence. Her path was wandering, aiming for a break, any break, in the trees, searching for the open sky. A slight breeze ruffled her silver mane, brushing it back from her face and displaying the prominent scarring. She would not give them the satisfaction of hiding her face, even though they were far behind her and would not see the display. The scar was a mark on her pride, but she would wear it as a battle scar.

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
Rei
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

Rei played tag with the leaves that tumbled from the leaves. Dashing through the Threshold she performed an intricate tango with the Orangemoon breeze. Consumed with the intricate footwork in dancing through the thick trees and underbrush the leopard pegasus didn't even notice the equine present until one of her exuberant bucks nearly sent he careening into the mare. Pulling up short Rei skidded to a stop in a movement that was rather graceless.

Embarrassed by her display her brown eyes lowered to the ground as a blush crept across her features. "Ever have those days where just being alive is just so grand?"

Her mouth had already set itself into motion for more words to spout forth some greeting but she was left stunned by the injuries that her eyes fell upon.

"Let me know what to do to help." Please don't offer any suggestions, silently she begged. The words had passed from her lips on their own accord before Rei could give them much thought. There was no way that Rei could allow the mare to go without being looked over but she herself was not medically inclined nor did she have the desire to be so.

"You need a healer." Looking around them she hoped that one would miraculously pop out from one of the nearby bushes. Being rude would be out of the question, but Rei certainly did not have the stomach for checking the wound out herself; even if she did she would be clueless as what to do anyways. Even to her untrained eye she could tell that the gash on the dark horse's face wasn't healing correctly. It looked infected.

"I am Rei of Dragon's Throat and the forest is the Threshold of Helovia. Welcome. Consider Helovia home, and consider me a friend."

Better days are ahead of you. Don't doubt that. Although the words didn't audibly pass between them the dual colored mare sent the message with the look that she sent the newcomer. Although the beautiful mare didn't seem to be much younger than herself Rei couldn't help but want to take her under her wing.

Credits: Thank you Shady and Tamme!
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Unregistered

BLYTHE AMAYA

» blythe dodged out of the way of the mare flailing in her direction, so lost in her own reverie that her approach had not been noted. She scoffed at herself, so much for paying attention for someone following her! She had let her guard down being so far away from her former home, she couldn't believe her complete lapse of attention. Her front hooves planted, swinging her hindquarters around so she faced the newcomer head on. Violet oculars released themselves from their position on the ground, rising up to stare at the mare's...wings? She wasn't one of them - even the scent on her was different, fresh and airy. No scent of war. It was a small relief, but one Blythe desperately needed.

» she wiped the shocked look off her face with a shake of her head, replacing it with a small smile, her eyes darting between the mare's own and the large feathered appendages. Blythe was apprehensive, it was visible in her countenance, but she was not one to greet such an exuberant statement with silence. Her lips parted to respond as the other mare noticed the oozing wound upon her face and left the chocolate mare feeling suddenly self conscious. She turned her tiara slightly to the side in a quick jerk, silver strands of hair falling across the large blemish and becoming quickly ensnared upon the bloody patch. The feeling was irritating, but it was better than having others become nauseous over the wound. "Oh, no, it's fine." Her soft voice floated out, uncommonly weaker than usual, a product of embarrassment and how the wound affected her speech. She could taste metal in her mouth as her cheek moved, and idly wondered if it was from the wound or something unseen.

» she was drawn back again to the mare, if that was what you could call the feminine, winged creature. She was equine in nature, even her color was a natural one, if uncommon. Where she hailed from the colors were unnatural, along with the bodily protrusions, but never wings. As the mare spoke of a healer, Blythe's mind wandered in a million different ways. Wondering just what a healer was - there were none in her past lands - and imagining what it felt to fly. Were the wings unwieldy, or were they comfortable appendages, as natural as her own four legs? So many questions, Blythe had always been a curious foal, and yet she chastised herself for wondering so blatantly that she left a large gap in the conversation. She caught the mare's name, but much of the rest was unknown to her. Helovia? She glanced around, wondered at the space this Threshold must occupy. She had been driven straight into it with little thought on her own behalf, more afraid of what was behind than ahead. "Blythe Amaya, of...," no, she no longer had a home, a land, a herd. All of it was lost. "Far away." She offered the mare another smile, forcing herself to focus on her eyes and not the duo-toned feathers that ruffled at every slight breeze. "Thank you, for the kind welcome. I didn't realize into where I had traveled." Now that she was here though, would she turn back? Her life had been left behind her, but she didn't know if she could bring herself to let it remain there.

Rei
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

There must not have been pegasi where the pretty one before her had came from. Rei noticed several glances that went to her wings.

"Much more useful than a horn or two," Spreading her wings slightly in pride Rei winked at her new-found friend. "I can take you to a place where you could experience flight for yourself." A mischievous grin spread across the mottled muzzle. How could that piece of bait not be taken? Surely the horse would stick around now.

Rei laughed at the following introduction. "You and I both. Helovia is a long way from where I come from also." Out of the corner of her eye she looked the mare who called herself Blythe Amaya up and down, although not in an unfriendly way. "I have found that being far from where we call home isn't such a terrible thing. It gives you a new perspective on everything." Momentarily quiet Rei thought of her former home.

At one point she had been a princess in not an ivory tower, but looking back she instead say a prisoner in a obsidian prison. In her mind she had been happy simply with the comfort of being with her parents but she had been a bird in a cage; only instead of having her wings clipped she had them painted. Rei had spent a majority of her childhood being smathered in color altering paints. There were a few highlights; the times spent with her father and mother, her friendship with Deryk, among other things. It hadn't been all doom and gloom after all. But never had Rei been truly accepted until entering in Helovia.

"You have entered into the land that will change your life. You know all of the fairy-tales that you were told as a foal? I do believe that they all must have taken place here." Rei's eyes danced, "Magic. Going from rags to riches. Adventure. Love. Second chances. Happiness. Helovia is about ready to brim over with all of these things. Once you step through this Threshold you are close on the tail of your own happy ending, but it is up to you if you follow in pursuit."

There wasn't any doubt that the horse would pursue whatever called to her in Helovia, Rei probably should have saved her little speech for someone else. A mare with not one but two names must be pretty important after all, right? The pegasus just saw something in Blythe that she liked and wanted to leave her prepared for the wonderland that she had unwittingly made her way into.

Magic usage is okay.

Unregistered

BLYTHE AMAYA

» blythe eyes widened at the notion of experiencing flight. The slight churn in her stomach was a mixture of excitement and apprehension. Equines were not meant to fly, if they had she would have been granted wings long ago. The idea was too tempting to ignore though, and she stored it quietly away in her mind as she offered the pegasus a nod, accepting the offer. Rei's next words were spoken as if she could read the nervous thoughts in Blythe's mind. She had never been so far away from home, but the idea of this new place not being quite so bad had yet to sink it. She was still mourning the loss of her herd and friends, them being left behind to a fate unknown to the young Blythe. She wished she had a glimpse of what had become of them, but knew it was impossible. Would they be killed? No, though she had been beaten and broken they had been told not to kill her. Equines were more valuable alive, than dead, as long as they would conform.

» and she could not. She could not stand by while another chose her place in this world, and so she left. She could not say the same of her herd members, but she knew fear would drive many of them to listen. She set the matter aside for a moment, glancing over at the mottled mare and noting the far away look in her own eyes. Everyone has a past, Blythe. Her mother's words, not her own, floated through her mind. She wondered just how difficult it would be to put her past behind when she had nothing to reach forward to. Her hooves lay at the edge of the darkness, but it was she who had to take the leap into the unknown. Rei broke the silence with her touching speech, and Blythe listened intently. Magic? Her curiosity was piqued, but she continued to listen, nodding her head absently as if in assent to receive all these gifts. Blythe was inclined to be happy, and the thought of finding her own happiness here had sealed her decision to move forward. She would live, and learn, and then decide whether turning back would have any use.

» She smiled, her first, wide, true smile in this new land. "It all sounds wonderful." She glanced towards the spots of blue sky that could be seen through the heavy forest, wondering if it held as much promise as she felt it did. As a breeze ruffled her silky silver tresses she noted that the secrets that the trees shared were no more than the wind through the leaves. It was no longer a whisper, but a song. One that Blythe felt the strands of within her own heart, building a quiet confidence inside her. Of course, there was still doubt, there would always be doubt, but it was no longer crushing her. Instead, determination filled the gaps in her soul - the determination to start a new, profound life that would allow her to protect those she befriended. No more would the young mare run, instead she would create a home for herself in this land. Here, she could heal. "Is it true I can fly?" Her voice had a touch of the growing happiness she felt bloom in her heart. Blythe was never one to stay down for long, her heart was too young to be marked by sadness for very long. She was a soft personality shot through with confidence and happiness, willing to accept things as they were until she could change them. "Will you take me through the Threshold, Rei?"

Rei
― Michael Jackson

"It is! There is this island that drifts about in the sky and anyone can reach it. Those without wings are granted the gift of being carried over on clouds. Just wait until you feel the wind dancing around you!" Rei nearly trembled with excitement over being able to show an equine what it felt like to fly. Unfortunately her new friend would never get to experience the feeling of straining her wings against the pull of gravity. But the trip to Caela Insula would be a taste of the joy.

"Would you like to visit my home also? It isn't far from the island. And if you liked it chances are that you would be accepted as a member. Helovia is a vast land and it gets lonely being on your own." Looking eagerly at the new Helovian she barely even considered the fact that the other mare might decline her offer. Who wouldn't want to explore a place with a name as thrilling as "Dragon's Throat"?

"I would love to!" With purpose Rei pranced through the Threshold chattering away telling her new friend about Helovia.

She fell quiet whenever passing the tree where Africa had first greeted her. It felt as if it had been from another lifetime. The nest that she had found was now empty; the eggs had hatched and both the fledglings and their parents had flown away for warmer places. Rei smiled tenderly, "See that tree there? That is where I was first welcomed into Helovia." Casting the tree one more glance before moving forward Rei grinned at Blythe. "You won't ever forget the place where you first found yourself."

@[Blythe] I am so sorry about the wait and how cruddy of a post it is. I rushed to get it done before work. For some reason I didn't get a notification for this post letting me know that you had responded.

Magic usage is okay.

Unregistered

BLYTHE AMAYA

» she smiled softly as Rei took off chatting about the different aspects of Helovia. Blythe listened intently, trying to absorb all of the information that was being thrown at her for later use. "I'd love to visit your home." She knew the benefits of living in a herd, and not wandering aimlessly across the great expanses with no place to return to. The idea of the Dragon's Throat sounded quite exciting to the chocolate mare, almost as exciting as an island in the clouds. It seemed like her adventure was only beginning, this land could very well hold a long future for her ahead. Her soul was young, her heart still open, and she was willing to do anything to achieve the happiness she had once lost. While love was not readily in her mind, she did not discount the opportunity to find it. Instead, she looked for quiet companionship, and the ability to find new friends, to replace the hole from the old ones that had been left behind.

» she glanced at the large tree that Rei had indicated, catching the slight softening in her manner. Her grin was infectious, and Blythe returned in before glancing backwards to catch the final glimpse of her own first memory in the lands. The soft light that filtered through the trees seemed to make the forest glow with a radiance she had forgotten from her previous light. New beginnings, Blythe. Here she could make a completely new start. The scars of her past would, quite literally, always be with her, but her she would have the opportunity to heal both inside and out. She turned back, moving to catch up with the retreating speckled form of Rei, wishing to learn more about this land she would soon call home.

@[Rei]
ooc: you can respond to this if you like, but otherwise I think this might be done. :3 Blythe is gonna follow Rei to the island (she's actually in a post with Sohalia there now) and then head to the DT (and stopping at the Earth God's post on the way, hehe)