the Rift

[OPEN] I Lose Myself When I Look At You [birthing]

Ivezho Posts: 71
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0 hh :: 5 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Zhoroakah :: Wedge-tailed Eagle :: None Whit
<style>
.peeta
{width: 180px; height: 245px; transition-duration: 0.6s; -moz-transition-duration: 0.6s; -webkit-transition-duration: 0.6s; -o-transition-duration: 0.6s; opacity: 0;}
.peeta:hover
{opacity: 0.9; font-size: 11px; font-family: calibri; color: #111; background-color: #fff;}
.catnip::-webkit-scrollbar {background: #626262!important; }
.catnip::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb {background: #efefef; }
</style>

AND YOU DON'T WANT TO BE HERE IN THE FUTURE, SO YOU SAY THE PRESENT'S JUST A PLEASANT INTERRUPTION TO THE PAST.

His mother was speaking words that he did not understand. Language was so foreign to him, so far from his grasp at this stage of his life. He stared at his father and then his mother as their lips moved and sounds came out. What was that? What did it mean? Could he do that? He was surprised when his top lip lifted away from his teeth and he squealed, further startling himself, allowing his lip to flop back into its normal position. And so he discovered that he could, in fact, make noises.

His attention shifted then, as the attention of a foal is so wont to do, back to his brother, still and motionless on the ground. His left eye made out the crisp lines of his twin's face, the too-fast rise and fall of Rhoa's ribcage, so unlike the relatively calm, deep breaths of the lighter colt. But his right eye could only make out the shape, a dark lump on the sand, vaguely glowing with an orange-ish sort of glow. It was, as far as he was concerned, a mild annoyance, though as he began to grow older, it would surely grow into something he could not stand.

His father's approval was lost on the youngling, a fact that was both a blessing and a curse. He was too young to feel so intensely the need to please his father, too newly come to know the desire to bring his parents pride; but later, when he strove for their approval, he would miss the times when it was so easily given. But he didn't think of all that. His mind merely shifted between his brother's immobility and his own newfound freedom. Perhaps this was not The End after all.

"Talk talk talk."

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Lose Myself When I Look At You [birthing] - by Ivezho - 09-10-2014, 08:33 PM