the Rift

[OPEN] I Lose Myself When I Look At You [birthing]

Andromeda Posts: 91
Dragon's Throat Healer
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 5 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
The focus of the parents is very clearly on the darker foal, who Gaucho names Rhoa. For a moment I feel affronted that they really don't greet me, but instantly direct me to the foals. Really - do I not matter? But it's a silly, fleeting thought. Of course I matter, they want me here to help their child. I mean something even if it is just as a Sun Physician. I look to the darker foal.. Rhoa.. He's lying on his side, not moving except for the shallow rise and fall of his ribcage. I step slower and slowly, very easily, drop to my knees and lower my entire body to the ground. Whatever I'm going to do, it's very hard to reach the small thing while standing up. I run my muzzle gently over the infant's body, sniffing, as if it will help me diagnose the problem. But of course, how can I know what's wrong with him? I am not so magical that I am omniscient. All the same, it's clear that whatever his injury, it's internal, for I can see no wounds. His struggle is breathing, that much is clear. I turn my head around toward his and speak softly.

"Do not be afraid, child. I am going to blow into your nostrils. It may burn a little. Try to breathe normally." In my mind, I encourage him to be brave. He's the son of Gaucho and Sohalia - of course he'll be brave. I part my lips and exhale, a steamy heat coming out and into the nostrils of the little one. I hope that perhaps the heat can help expand his little lungs, and perhaps blow any obstructions out of the way. It may work, it may not - but at least I'm making the attempt, and it might help at least a little. I draw back, and watch to see if any differences are made. I glance up at the parents. "I can't promise anything will work." I don't want them to harbor any ill will if I fail.

WC: 343
Tag: @[Gaucho]

ANDROMEDA
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Andromeda excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Lose Myself When I Look At You [birthing] - by Andromeda - 09-10-2014, 10:01 PM