the Rift

[OPEN] Desperation darkens the heart.
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia heard the delighted laugh, thinking it rather beautiful. The sound was unadulterated, pure, and simply... her. She watched, a soft, sorrowful curiosity taking hold in her heart. When the white mare's strange eyes held her own gaze, she did not falter or waver, and let her own, two toned blue and red gaze reveal what secrets they could beneath the ice and snow.

She watched, gaze breaking, and hearing the soft thunk of a stone being kicked into the chattering stream, and she breathes her questions, raising a brow at the judgmental hmph. An almost-smile catches one side of her gray lips, curving it before it slides back into emotionless serenity, her typical, pale mask.

The mare was Beloved and named Beloved, and that was fitting. She seemed as confidant and comfortable in her own skin, knowing of herself and her destiny. Ophelia wished she could be as sure of herself, but her world was full of tragedy, full of memory so clear that she could taste the tears she cried on the sands of the Tides. She could still feel the bite of the shades that haunted her steps as she shouldered her sister's crippled weight to this land.

She had been born into tragedy, and she knew that she would never escape.

The pale princess had not realized she had drifted off, her view stuck on the brook until Beloved's voice called her back to the present. She let out a soft "hm" before nodding, quickly averting her gaze. Ophelia did not understand why the water did not like to be looked at, but she assumed that she did not need to know either. Beloved had some idea of what it wanted, whether that was born of madness or magic, Ophelia was not sure.

"I do not know the water as you do," she replied softly, looking into the delicate mare's white and black eyes. "I hear the sound of it sliding over rocks and nothing more." No, she was not attuned to the sounds of nature. She was attuned to the feel of snow and ice, bound to the light of the sun, and understanding of sorrow.

Ophelia felt Tinek shift on her back. He prodded her mind with questions. "Why is she asking about the water?"

Phi hummed thoughtfully. "I am not sure. She is either mad, powerful or both, but her honest is refreshing."

Tinek sighed. "You will always be my odd one." The words brought a smile to Ophelia's lips, and the dragon curled up like a cat, one red eye still trained on the stranger.

"Have you seen the pool with blood stones beneath?" she asked, wondering if Beloved would have interest in such things.

@[Beloved]

OPHELIA
Faith shattered and decays as frosted blood flows in my veins

sdrcow @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Desperation darkens the heart. - by Beloved - 09-08-2014, 12:12 PM
RE: Desperation darkens the heart. - by Ophelia - 09-08-2014, 02:06 PM
RE: Desperation darkens the heart. - by Beloved - 09-09-2014, 11:16 AM
RE: Desperation darkens the heart. - by Ophelia - 09-09-2014, 01:47 PM
RE: Desperation darkens the heart. - by Beloved - 09-09-2014, 04:08 PM
RE: Desperation darkens the heart. - by Ophelia - 09-16-2014, 01:12 PM
RE: Desperation darkens the heart. - by Beloved - 09-17-2014, 11:15 AM
RE: Desperation darkens the heart. - by Ophelia - 09-19-2014, 10:54 AM
RE: Desperation darkens the heart. - by Beloved - 09-19-2014, 12:38 PM
RE: Desperation darkens the heart. - by Ophelia - 09-22-2014, 01:59 PM