the Rift

[OPEN] Desperation darkens the heart.
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia had no doubt that she had a soul. She was not empty, as often as she felt it sometimes. What was inside was not pure, however, but gray. For as kind as she was, the mare was not moral, but a balance of light and dark in a curious display. She held no qualms regarding spying and delivering messages, no issues with starting wars. At one point she had left, fearing that the actions of the Grey had damaged her heart, but she realized that she was already damaged. The death of her mother froze her to the core, but the tragedy only revealed more truth.

Loveless, indeed, but not without soul. Ophelia was unsure what love even was. Even what she felt for Tinek was not all consuming and powerful as a flame. The closest she felt to anyone was to Ktulu, and she was far away in a herd she had betrayed.

The strange Beloved asked if Ophelia would show her the pool, and the bloody one nodded, offering a tragic smile. "Of course," she replied softly. Without much else to say, she easily slid into her memories, following them and recognizing the slightest deviation of branches and angle of trees. Together they walked deeper into the forest, away from the chattering brook and where the forest grows the most dense. The night wore on with little protest from creatures great or small since the orangemoon chill guaranteed their silence.

Beloved followed in her sing-song way, hooves dancing, never seeming to make the same rhythm. She was chaos, and Ophelia was drawn to her in a way she did not understand. None of her words, whispers or songs irritated the Forsaken, but she walked in silence, Tinek taking off from her back to run along the tree branches overhead. Hours past, and they arrived at the pool.

The waters were beneath a tree, the bottom blood red with stones. Ophelia had drank from these waters before and had even played with the stones, and she stopped on the Edge. She knew she did not have to say anything. Beloved would recognize the waters easily from description.

What happened next, however, was completely unexpected. A fog rolled on, the ground moist beneath her hooves, and she furrowed her brows. The white mists obscured her vision, and though she was unafraid, the sudden change in weather was curious and unsettling. She stood firm, not out of bravery but out of lack of instincts.

A fish, keen on death, flopped onto the ground from the pool. She had never seen fish in there before... Ophelia was not one to keep the fish from committed his or her act of choice, but when the entire pond seemed to get the same idea, all flopping out, she furrowed her brows. Why would they all want to die?

The trees seemed to bow inward, suffocating, and Tinek returned to her back, looking at the pond with jaws open, frost and static frothing from his teeth and causing her hair to rise of its own accord. Only when the entire pool was rimmed with a churning sea of gasping silver did the crescendo of this strange night occur. The waters parted, and from the depths came forth a bloated, decaying body, so like the one of her mother except this one was a pegasus. Water rolled from her tightened skin like blood, and the shriveled, cataract eyes looked into the beyond.

Ophelia watched, wondering why. The pegasus opened her mouth, and only a fish fell out with the sound of crushing bones, much like the sounds they made when Tinek ate them... She disappeared into the fog, fish falling form the sky like heavy, dead rain, and Tinek tried to grab at them. They bobbed in the pool, dead and decaying, and Ophelia tried to unravel the metaphor.

The fog rolled away, leaving them in deafening silence, and the pool returned to it's normal state. Suddenly, she did not believe Beloved was as crazy as she sounded. The water was alive...

OPHELIA
Faith shattered and decays as frosted blood flows in my veins

sdrcow @ DA

@[Beloved]

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Desperation darkens the heart. - by Beloved - 09-08-2014, 12:12 PM
RE: Desperation darkens the heart. - by Ophelia - 09-08-2014, 02:06 PM
RE: Desperation darkens the heart. - by Beloved - 09-09-2014, 11:16 AM
RE: Desperation darkens the heart. - by Ophelia - 09-09-2014, 01:47 PM
RE: Desperation darkens the heart. - by Beloved - 09-09-2014, 04:08 PM
RE: Desperation darkens the heart. - by Ophelia - 09-16-2014, 01:12 PM
RE: Desperation darkens the heart. - by Beloved - 09-17-2014, 11:15 AM
RE: Desperation darkens the heart. - by Ophelia - 09-19-2014, 10:54 AM
RE: Desperation darkens the heart. - by Beloved - 09-19-2014, 12:38 PM
RE: Desperation darkens the heart. - by Ophelia - 09-22-2014, 01:59 PM