the Rift

[OPEN] Every man needs a muse. [ Greenhouse panels/Wall Removal]

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie
DRAGOMIR
He’d started at the most frequented region of the Edge’s fallen wall, where a gate had once stood proud and glistening and now lay in rubble and ruin at his hooves. The morning had consisted of him bring supplies over to the area and prepping the land, things he thought may come in handy for the task he had in mind for the week; the cart had been filled with rope and brought over, the branches cleared away from the pathway leading from the wall to the greenhouses within.

Lifting his head to call out into the Edge, he hesitates for a moment, and ear slipping backwards; unaware that Aaron had returned home, he is worried that Nasreen will be too busy with her own tasks to be of much help with the glasswork, and he is not foolish enough to underestimate the amount of work that was going to have to come to pass in order to tear down the entirety of what had nearly killed Kahlua to create.

Sighing in resignation that he will do all of it if need be, he formulates a few words to signify the purpose of the summons – it would be embarrassing for the whole herd to rush forward thinking it was more than a project of manual labor and the Moon’s magic. "Crafters and herbalists, you are needed at the wall!" His voice is rich and deep and loud, which startles him and makes him nervously tuck his chin downward and glance around at the trees that seem to carry his words in a thousand different directions.

Hopefully his nerves will ease before the others can arrive to hear his heart thudding against his ribs.

@[Aaron], @[Alysanne], @[Nasreen], @[Resplendence]
[ OOC: Converting some of the wall into four glass panels with Dragomir's item slot for the season, as well as (hopefully) getting more of it torn down? :3 I imagine this will take a couple of seasons to get done so any help at all is greatly appreciated! Other members are welcome to come in and use some of the ropes that Dragomir has brought to bring the wall down or to cart off glass in the cart once we have the panels moved and in place at the greenhouse. :D ]

CrafteR
world's edge
Image Credit
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

Orangemoon has descended crisp and clear upon the World’s Edge with a flurry of oranges and reds and a crackle of dry leaves that makes the maiden’s heart leap in both joy and fear. Autumn has always been Nasreen’s favorite season—after all, she slid into this world four years ago to brisk air and vibrant foliage—but this year, worry tugs at her consciousness. She is still concerned about the danger of the wall that encircles her temporary home. Last summer, she already witnessed a fire starting in the dry brush, and now that dead leaves are beginning to blanket the forest floor, a disaster can only be right around the corner. Try as she may to weed the wall, there is no way that she can clear the foliage that falls as incessantly as snow in a blizzard. And so it is with an anxious heart that she flutters here and there looking much like an errant leaf herself, kicking the leaves away and then watching helplessly as the playful wind pushes them back into place.

When she hears Dragomir’s call, Nasreen’s head darts up, distracted from her self-assigned task. She sighs a little, but she complies readily enough—good as her intentions may be, her patience is wearing thin and she’s already frazzled. Deciding not to chance flight in this wind, the princess sets off at a fast clip in the direction of his voice. She only has to pace along the glass ruins as far as the abandoned gate; for her teacher is waiting with a plethora of supplies, including the ropes he had been showing her and Kahlua how to make. Her ears prick in anticipation, and a bright smile lights up her face as she approaches. “Dragomir! What’s all this?” she asks curiously, gesturing at the assortment.

"speech"

Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Alysanne
At the call, Alysanne did what she always did when her presence was requested – she abandoned what she had been doing (nothing of extreme consequence, making some snack out of some autumn grass) and headed towards the familiar voice of one of their Glaziers. Hemlock had disappeared into the forest some time ago, hunting for a snack of his own, and grumpily acknowledged her change of location. He would come along after, if she wished, to see if there was anything that he could do to help as well – but for the time he was content to avoid every four-legged animal except for the ones that he was hunting.

It was a short trot over towards the bay stallion, her large wings folded neatly at her side and the glass chain on her forehead tinkling in high notes as she bobbed her head. “Hello Dragomir, I hope you are doing well!” She greeted him with her usual shining smile, delighted as always at the mere prospect of company – never mind actually getting the chance to help out with something. Eyes surveyed the ruins of the wall around them “What can I do to help?” Alysanne then turned her attention to the mare that was present, someone she did not remember being properly introduced to before. She had seen the pretty pegasus at herd meetings, to be sure, and cursed herself for not paying more attention to the mention of a name during those.

But then, such large collections of bodies and voices often were accompanied by large quantities of information and sometimes, sometimes, some of that information didn’t stick.

And to think she prided herself on always remembering names.

Still, no time like the present to remedy this – she certainly loved to meet her fellow Edge members whenever she got the chance. “I don’t think we’ve properly met, I’m Aly.” That smile still remained bright on her face as she addressed this near-stranger. Hopefully they would not remain as such for very long!
everybody heals with love
Image Credit
table by Sevin <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie
DRAGOMIR
Two come.

He supposes that it is a better number than none, but he can’t help but worry a bit when Resplendence is not among the faces that arrive, especially when Alysanne strides into view – the two were normally inseparable from his notice, but he also alleges that the other Doctor is busy at work on the greenhouse or tending to the last of the herbs before the cold sweeps in and nothing else will grow. He nods to Nasreen as she slips in, interest lighting her face as she sees all of the supplies he’s brought up here with him, his own smiling growing in return to each woman.

"I’m pretty good, Alysanne," he offers in reply to the dual tone painted mare, his smile warm and welcoming despite the nerves that edge his heart beat up a few paces, "and you? I haven’t seen you in a while."

Both want to know what’s happening, but he is loathe to immediately delve into the work that is in store for them the next couple of seasons – the wall had taken a long time to make, and would surely take just as long to bring down.

Still not entirely used to the wings on their bodies, he shifts away to the cart to clear out some things from it, busying himself while waiting to see if anyone else will come before he answers the two ladies. Both, he knows, will be helpful in the endeavor – Alysanne immediately offers as much, and he figures that Nasreen would not have come if she didn’t want to work. He has, after all, seen her working at collecting up small fragments along the side of the wall just as he has, and with a note of afterthought within his quiet perusing as the herbalist and the winged seer introduce themselves to each other.

It never ceases to amaze him how many of his herd have not met yet, how vast the numbers of the Edge are to allow such things to happen to socialites like Alysanne and Nasreen. He couldn’t think of a single time in his memory that either of them had been alone – very much unlike himself, who spent most of his time cautiously avoiding most everyone.

"Today we’re going to start work on bringing the wall down," he says as he returns to the trio, a pain rising deep within him at the thought of destroying something that, as far as Dragomir was concerned, symbolized all the friendship and love he had found in the Moon’s land, "I’m going to start by turning a large section into the glass needed to finish the greenhouse, but it surely won’t consume the whole wall." A chuckle, not really heart felt but more placed for the sake of the conversation, falls from his dark lips as he turns his attention more fully to Nasreen.

"I started last season on turning the small debri into cubes, like this -" rummaging around at his hooves, he lets the cube he’d made many weeks prior roll across the earth and into visibility from the tangle of ropes it had been hidden in, "could you do the same? If nothing else, they’re good to trade with." His expression, always so serious, still bares the scant smile of friendliness that he always wears when working with his herd mates, though it is not as brazen as those he shares with Kahlua or Resplendence, for he does not know them as well; today, they’ll repair that damage.

"Alysanne, I’ll need your help to get the panels into the cart and in place at the greenhouse once they’re made," his smile lands on the mare he has known longest out of the two, confidence edging his voice more fully for this fact.

With a final nod of concurrence, the painted Glazier turns about to face the task at hand; his selected section of wall is mostly undamaged, thick enough to boast several full size sheets of glass, and with a settling of his concentration and a deep draw from his will, the wall glimmers and seems to bend ethereally in the afternoon light.

The first sheet breaks away, slowly, like the pages of a book that have not been opened in years slowly relinquishing their hold on one another, the stallion stepping forward in the last moment to allow the panel to land with a gentle butt against his ample shoulders. For a final few seconds, its still all starlight and glimmers before it solidifies into a solid panel of glass, its parameters carefully drawn from the stallion’s memory (he had stared a long while at the preexisting construct, you see).

He stands for a moment in silence, carefully tasting the differences in the way this had felt from the cubes or from making glass from nothingness; it has a lesser pull on his will, he immediately deduces, but it also requires much more concentration – he had to hold the image of reality in his mind, superimposed alongside that which he wanted to make, and the first buds of a headache begin to pulse in the back of his mind.

He hopes, for all their sakes, that it eases as the day progresses and he grows more accustomed to this odd style of magic.

CrafteR
world's edge
Image Credit
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

Before Dragomir can reply, another mare comes trotting up, a black and white pegasus that Nasreen remembers seeing but does not know. She seems to know the teacher, however, for she greets him warmly and offers her services before turning to the princess. “I don’t think we’ve properly met, I’m Aly,” the mare introduces herself brightly, and Nasreen cannot help but smile warmly in return. “Nasreen,” she replies, and perhaps it is out of habit, but the Th’orquian accent that now only tints her voice grows slightly stronger, and she bobs her head in respectful, courtly fashion. “It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

Introductions now out of the way, Dragomir explains the task at hand. They are to take down the wall—and at this announcement, Nasreen is unable to suppress her deep sigh of relief. What’s more, is she is to help. He shows her the glass cubes on the forest floor, and she eyes them curiously, if not a little nervously. The Moon’s magic is still foreign and heady to her; it is a surge of powerful magic that she has not quite learned to control in its entirety, and she does not know in all truth if she will be able to form a cube from this rubble. But any admittance of that is shameful, and she does not dare to express any doubt or uncertainty regarding the abilities that the Lady has so graciously bestowed upon her. So the maiden simply nods and waits for further instruction.

When she sees Dragomir begin his craft, she can’t help but marvel at the beauty of it all—and at the seeming ease with which he does it. Inspired, she closes her eyes, silently calling on the deity for assistance. Her heart begins to beat quicker, for she has tried to practice before, alone, and she has never been successful. But today is different: she feels the surge of power begin to build and grow in her chest, and in her mind, she envisions the rubble lifting, merging, melding to form a perfect geometric wonder. With the pull of her mind, she gently coaxes each piece into place, softening sharp edges and creating a right angles. Again and again, she repeats the thought, and with each repetition, she feels as if she might nearly burst from the intensity of the power.

Several minutes pass before she dares open her eyes, but a careful peek reveals the cubes on the ground before her. Blinking, she looks around—those aren’t Dragomir’s right? But no, his are near his pile, these are her own! Her lungs fill with a swell of pride, and Nasreen can’t help but laugh aloud. She’d done it!

@[Alysanne]
@[Dragomir]

Sorry for the huge wait!

"speech"

Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

It was a slow movement. She had come from the other side of the Edge when she had heard the call, and her tired frame was not up for the speed that would come in an urgent situation, that of which did not seem to be this one from the way he called out. A familiar voice, one she had begun to place with Dragomir, had heralded the call and so she forced herself from her world of nightmares and out into the world she lived in.

Anxiety cloaked the edges of her orbs as she appeared from the shadows that were just close enough to the gathering to give her a chance to high tail it and run. She catches the tail end of his conversation, telling Alysanne that she would need to help with the panels for the greenhouse. While Res had to admit that her greenhouse actually beginning to form was uplifting, she was far too mentally exhausted to feel any of this joy.

Valiance is the first to appear from the duo, and he announces his presence with a puff of smoke and a trill of awkward chirps. Somewhat reluctantly, Resplendence pulls herself out into the open as well, eyes flickering from each of the equines gathered. "My apologies for my lateness," she whispered, voice a little hoarse and dry. "Can I still be of any assistance?" she asks, watching as the cubes begin to pile up around not only Dragomir, but Nasreen as well. Uncertainty radiated from her frame, limbs shuffling a little in place as Valiance attempted to force her to calm down, massaging her withers with his talons after carefully landing upon her back.

It is Nasreen's laugh with has Resplendence give a forced smile - one well trained to appear real after these months of lingering anxiety and depression. She doubted anyone would understand anyways. It was best to just keep up the facade and continue her work.

my apologies for how late this is - my absence extended far longer than i'd originally expected

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love