the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Sun Shines on All (2)
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Tinek's sharp talons helped him run on the soft, grassy ground, able to make tight turns like a sports player in cleats. The dragon was also older, mature, much more capable than he was when he was young, unlike this little hyena creature. The child cried out to him after taking a turn too quickly into a bush, and Tinek trotted over, looking at the situation before grabbing the companion by the shoulders and hauling him from the greenery.

Ophelia was curious about the lack of compassion she saw in the vibrantly colored mare for the cries of her friend, and she furrowed her brows, frowning slightly. She wonders why this one is so hard on both the inside and outside, and she can see now why the Sun God might have found her abrasive. Choosing to ignore the flaw she saw and grateful for the ice over her heart, Ophelia listened, snorting in agreement at her bitter words.

Still, the mare was intelligent, choosing to defend the god of her own volition in a way. "I choose to think this way: he is immortal, surrounded by us who live such short and tragic lives. If he were to give away a piece of his heart to all of us, he would be left empty. I think he puts everyone at a distance with criticism out of necessity, like you said," Ophelia hummed in thought, attempting a smile that barely reached the corners of her haunted eyes.

Ophelia shrugged. "Talking back, turning your back on a god is not a good way to make a good impression. He is not obligated to give anything; he gives by choice. We have to respect the fact that we deserve nothing but can work to earn what we can." Bellona was a woman of action and not philosophy, and Ophelia respected that deeply. Very few were so talented and driven to do works instead of just talking about doing so much.

The question Bellona asked put her thoughts to work, and she rested one of her back legs leisurely, at ease in this back and forth conversation. "I am self aware enough to know that I have an insatiable curiosity," she began slowly. But sometimes, this works to my advantage. Above all else, I seek to know, so I ask questions, eager to learn what the Sun God or anyone will tell. From my experience, asking questions and being thoughtful is a way to make a good impression."

Ophelia smiled. "Being known for your actions is noble and challenging, but if we do not know the heart behind the actions they only hold half of their meaning. A gift without a thoughtful note is just an item." The pale princess gazed at the beautiful, colorful bird-girl and was tempted to use her magic to gain access to even her most private of memories, to learn what made her tick. She held herself back.

"Why is it that actions speak louder than words to you?" she asked softly. "What do you think you have to prove?"

@[Bellona]

Credits: Image by Del-Rae @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
The Sun Shines on All (2) - by Ophelia - 09-08-2014, 12:55 PM
RE: The Sun Shines on All (2) - by Bellona - 09-16-2014, 12:57 PM
RE: The Sun Shines on All (2) - by Ophelia - 09-19-2014, 12:25 PM
RE: The Sun Shines on All (2) - by Bellona - 09-21-2014, 02:26 PM
RE: The Sun Shines on All (2) - by Ophelia - 09-22-2014, 01:36 PM
RE: The Sun Shines on All (2) - by Bellona - 10-07-2014, 02:28 PM
RE: The Sun Shines on All (2) - by Ophelia - 10-08-2014, 11:36 AM
RE: The Sun Shines on All (2) - by Bellona - 01-11-2015, 11:58 PM