the Rift

curiosity. [open!]

Asur Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The path winds upward.

Sun beats down through wreathes of mist, hard heat sheening sweat across red flanks. Hooves slap the earth in time to Asur's slow breath, and small puffs of dust rise up to sully the pale thrust of each limb. He struggles to breathe in such a land; he knows only the struggle of living, the slow fevered ache of scarred flesh. It hurts less every day but still the pain of memory remains, the fear and doubt and guilt like weights around his neck. Sweat lathers where the stallion's braided mane slaps up against his shoulder. He might hesitate, but clouds block the way like sentinel ghosts and move like steam through the air. Push up, he thinks. The narrow path defies the urge to turn around. It forces him up, forward - like so many things in life. He bears memory with great reluctance. He thinks, he no longer knows himself.

He is alone.

A lonely flame upon the rocks, he moves with slow but careful steps. The seconds crawl on crippled limbs across his flanks and when they lie in piles on the path behind him, he catches sight of the sky - at last.

Asur pauses for a moment, half a breath - to wonder if he is too far beyond the boundaries of his newfound haven. It is a child's worry though, and quickly tossed away. Before him the slope evens into a sunbaked field, a plateau high above the worries of a toiling earth. He walks like a dreamer through the whispering grass, head cocked to let the single useful eye scour golden stems and wilted bloom. It is a place of silence and the lonely wind, a place for misplaced fire to burn for a short while. Asur glances but briefly toward the sun and moves to stand where he can see across the land, Helovia - a new place tarnished by much heat and age. A great sea coils beneath the northern horizon; a land of blue and white peaks from the waves. He wonders at these things but vaguely, more enticed by the sweet smell of grass and the waterfall he left below. It seems a lonely land, he thinks, too large for the souls he's met within. Perhaps the heat has chased them out. Maybe greater dangers wait for him elsewhere; he can only be prepared. Can only stand beneath the sun and craft his fate anew.

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
I climbed the mountain to Heaven, and instead found nothing but the sun.

Perhaps more than nothing. In truth, I had come here at the death of night, reaching the top when dawn broke upon its brow, relishing the glory of the rising morn. The array of gentle colors soothed my tired mind; the cool of early morning felt pleasant upon my moon-kissed hide. Yet the dawn was followed by the sun, the God's wrath still oppressive towards we of Helovia, and my dream world was shattered by the weight of it. Still I remained, for I did not desire the company of others just now; and if I had to bear the sun to find solitude, so be it. I have never hated day, I merely relish night... although the days of Tallsun made me begin to question any appreciation I had ever had for the waking hours.

Time was spent, hours simply meandering across the plain. The spring here had not yet failed; I drank deeply of its pristine water, and tasted sweet succulents, resilient enough to withstand the harshness of this weather. For a time, I rested, thinking on my past adventures, reflecting on how my life had changed. I had not been here long, but already I belonged to a herd, of sorts; I had rescued on on the edge of death; I had reunited with my siblings, so long drifters on their own paths; I had learned my sister found love, while I was still alone. This last one troubled me. I did not long for loneliness.

As though summoned by my desire for company, one appeared, chestnut form cresting the lip of the mountain and appearing in the field, a distant speck of life growing larger and more real by the second. Yet he did not seem to notice me. Granted, we stood upon different edges of the field: he rising up from the Foothills while I stood upon the northwest edge, enjoying the cool breezes that blew out of the Steppe, chewing thoughtfully on rough foliage and watching his movement through the plateau. Dark eyes followed him as he meandered, and now dark legs followed, curious, approaching at a comfortable pace. His left side faced me, and now I could see the red of a young wound, torn across his face and over his eye. Curiosity propelled me further in his direction, taking care to walk with noise that he might not be startled; I stopped some mild length away; it was for him to decide if I might intrude on his solitude, as he had intruded on mine. I turned to stare upon the land, maintaining my silence, pale mane and tail gleaming in the light of summer.

As the sun beat away clouds and day rose across Helovia, I watched, taking in the spectacular view and basking in the glory of the land I now called home, content to stand in the company of another. For this was in fact quite pleasant, I thought; in my mind, this stallion could be anyone, and I could like him, and enjoy his friendship. There was nothing for me to judge, nothing he had shown that told me who he was. Only the sound of silence, and the pleasure of a body breathing near mine.

Unregistered

Wind tangles through his forelock, sweet and bitter as it rises from dark waves. Asur lifts up his head to breathe in, soothed by the voices of grass and sky. Transient calm moves through his veins and the stallion utters a sigh, provoked of hours alone beneath the baking sun. Something tugs at his attention but he shakes it off, ear twitching. The burden of thought weighs heavy on him - he, youngest of four, last of a dynasty, brought now to burn in the sun's fury. Despite the ministrations of his newfound allies, the stallion's face aches with a distant pain. It might simply be regret, he thinks. He might simply be afraid to open that left eye, to see the world stolen from him for so long. To see nothing.

The grass rustles. The wind sighs. Asur lowers down his head to graze, tail flicking. As the left ear twitches back, the noise of something besides wind at last resounds against some nerve. Quick as light, he spins and stands upright, and there at his side - a dream? - a black mare, grazing too. His heart pounds fierce against his eardrums as the stallion breathes, and for a moment he can only stare - one eye brown and innocent as new earth.

Asur snorts.

"I... didn't see you," growls the chestnut. Surprise rings in his voice, embarrassment. How long has she been there? On his left side? Silent? Suddenly alarmed he swings about but no one else stands with them and Asur turns back to look upon the stranger, both ears flicking between curiosity and fear. Has she said nothing? Why? The mare stands similar to him in size and build but painted black, painted with colors like a night sky - black-eyed, black hide, slashed through with crescent white. He smells magic on her - or just paranoia on his part? - and spends a moment breathing, staring, trembling despite his best efforts at calming the swirl of thought. When the mare does nothing like bare teeth and leap for his throat Asur steps back, shaking his head.

"Are you one of the Foothills' herd?" he wonders aloud. It's rude to stare. Rude to stare, rude to fumble, rude - he's never been so tongue-tied in his life. No one ever just appeared though, like that, hiding for who knows how long... The stallion's ears settle on a backward cant and he frowns down his nose at the stranger, far from angry and deeply unsettled. "I'm Asur," he tells her, all the same. "I was offered shelter by Smoke the WildRose." It seems important that he add that, validation for his presence. He knows he stands beyond the borders of the herd land, though how far is anyone's guess. At least she's not a unicorn, he thinks, or growing wings... He wouldn't know what to say then.

He barely knows what to say now.

The silence is broken by his shock; I sidestep carefully as he spins around, dark eyes surveying him, guarded and cautious. His motion was almost shockingly fast; my heart jumped, my ears flicked back, my eyes followed his movements. I should not have stood on his blind side, I know, but I had thought he heard me, had thought I made my presence apparent. Evidentially not. Poll raised, neck outstretched; I pulled myself up to full height, not so much to intimidate as to observe. His reaction was surprising to me; it took me off my guard; I take a breath, composing myself, returning my face to its guarded state.

He growls, and I step back, calm in every muscle of my body. "I am sorry," I murmur, trying to make my voice low and soothing, eyes slightly narrowed. "I did not see your eye until I was near; I did not mean to alarm." The stallion was skittish, and I suppose that was understandable; yet the anxiety that persisted in his countenance made me flick an ear back, nostrils flaring slightly. He asked about my herd, if I am of the Foothills, of which place he does, in fact, smell slightly."No," I intone. He is so careful, his movements and words; it amuses me, despite the guilt I feel for causing the strife.

"I am of the Qian," I state; realizing he may not know who they are, so I expound on the explanation, "We are outcasts, with ties only to each other." He could ask more questions, and I would answer what I could; at the moment, I felt this to be sufficient information. Tail flicked, a ripple passing over the crescent on my haunches. His glare is unnerving, mildly upsetting, why is he so flustered, still? "Rishima," is offered in return, a name for a name.

"I have met Smoke." I am pleased, now; we have something in common. Yet then it is gone, and the silence threatens to return, awkward and oppressive. I almost regret making myself known to him now, for neither of us seem particularly apt when it comes to social situations. Perhaps I should leave now, perhaps... no. It is time for me to learn to exist in a group, with others. "I am sorry," I repeat, lowering my head and stepping closer to the stallion, carefully. "How did it happen?" Curiosity, for it was a curious wound, unusual in its location for one such as us. Too late, I realize that the question might be uncomfortable for him. Too late.

Unregistered

Skepticism holds through her apology, but the longer the mare trains her uncertain gaze on him, the more guilty Asur feels. His pale limbs shift beneath him as the stallion listens, and beneath the constant slide of moments he begins to loosen up.

She is not of the foothills herd. Asure suffers brief disappointment, but the mare mentions something called Qian. He recalls the mercenary tribes of home and wonders if they wander here as well, or if the Qian are something different altogether. Now seems hardly the place to ask; he is grateful for the company and too fresh in this land to judge her for allegiance. The mare names herself - Rishima - and he answers with a nod. It is a foreign tasting name, all things foreign here - beyond his grasp. Rather than speak without cause, Asur stands silent. She mentions knowing Smoke but little else and he simply nods again, his ears twitching. Gradually newness of her presence dissipates and Asur is left with little to say and only the view to take in. She takes his silence for rage though, or discomfort, and apologizes again.

"Don't be sorry," he offers at last, the grating tone of his voice ever strange against kind syllables. "I thought... I was surprised." With a cock of his head, Asur studies her. I thought maybe you weren't real, he almost says, but bites his tongue. Even still the mare is something surreal, and his eyes linger on the pale strands of her mane with interest. "That's all. The wound has taken some getting used to." Surprise lances through him as he speaks of it so easily, and Asur realizes there is no anger in his heart - just regret, and residual fear. Perhaps he was never angry - he is, after all the one that lived.

The stallion's long face jerks in surprise when she asks about it, though this time the tension dissipates immediately and leaves him standing, thoughtful. He is not a storyteller, but he knows that stories have their time each, that disregarding such a truth is the mark of a fool. And Asur is careful; his eye shifts away to look out over the sea for just a moment - a hesitant moment. "I was betrayed," he says at last, the weight of blood shed days ago now heavy in his voice. He can smell the fire still when he thinks back; he tastes the char of flesh and the sweet tang of blood. Almost gracefully, his shakes his head and long loose strands of mane flurry around his face.

"We were all betrayed. I was lucky to find this place. It seems... kind," Asur finishes by glancing once more at Rishima. Inoffensive, wary even, he finds solace in her gentle presence. "Smoke mentioned your kind to me," he says suddenly, as the memory rises into his conscious mind. "Your leader is called Mirage. A friend." Asur nods, perhaps more excited than he ought to be, and over proud of his petty achievement. "What brings you here?" the stallion wonders at last, lifting his head to gaze across the field, "so far from the others?" He can only assume the others are far, or else skilled in the art of concealment. The latter option is disturbing, and optimistically thrown out.

We made a slightly unfortunate pair, the orange stallion and the black mare, both of us stained with white and misfortune. I found myself slightly surprised at his decision to respond to me, and pleased by the calm that seemed to be washing over him, now that the shock of my arrival wore off. As he looks at me, explaining his surprise, I cast my gaze back, letting it slide over him like water on a rock, stopping only where some groove kept my attention captive. The plait that ventures down the length of his neck and falls off his shoulder, out of my sight; the matching braids in his tail, long and tangled. The clean line of a blaze on his face. The matching, even socks. Everything is orderly, everything is contained - all but the ill-healed wound, the great scar so out of place upon this stallion. He spoke of discipline, of order - perhaps of war?

My examination was quick and subtle, gaze returning to focus upon Asur's eyes as he spoke again, three words so weighty that they sent a chill down my spine. I was betrayed, he said, and the tone of his voice leaves little doubt in my mind as to the sincerity of his words. For a moment, I falter in my distance; I want to comfort him, to lay my forehead against his neck and tell him that it will be alright here. For a moment, I want to be close to someone, and have them feel close to me.

But he shook his head and the moment passed, and when he spoke again I was calm, back under control - sympathy in my eyes, but not understanding, for I have never been betrayed. Asur looked back at me, and I tried to catch his gaze, letting a small smile drift across my lips. He told me more of himself than I would have anticipated, despite not truly telling me anything. Still, I asked what was no doubt a sensitive question, and his lack of hostility pleased me. I found myself curious about this stallion, intrigued by the mystery he surrounded himself with. In a way, it was a challenge, and I longed to rise to the task of earning his trust.

My musings were interrupted by his sudden statement, and I find myself grinning slightly at his mention of Mirage. "My younger sister," I agreed, nodding at his assessment of her leadership. Something occurs to me then, and I narrowed my eyes slightly. "Her deputy and mate is Vikram," I added, a hint of threat in my voice. Vikram and I may have had our differences, but I would be damned if any more stallions tried to win my sister's affections. Two were enough, although Torasin seemed to have drifted out of the picture somewhere down the line. Then I relax, for Asur's enthusiasm was adorable, and I did not want him to fall into discomfort. Things were going well. "If you have not pledged yourself to the Foothills, I am sure Mirage would have you among the Qian. I would vouch for you. You seem..." I faltered, suddenly realizing that I was offering him a compliment and probably should have left it alone. But I could not leave the sentence unended. "Good," I ended lamely, wincing at how bad it sounded against my ears. A bashful look was offered, more emotion than I tend to allow strangers to witness; it was a peace offering. I really did mean well.

Asur saved me from myself with his questions, and I nearly sighed in relief at the change in subject. Dark eyes drifted to the horizon, gaze directed into the distance and thoughts floating away. Why was I here? Why did I always leave, always seek the company of loneliness and empty space? Moments passed, sun beat down; at last I replied, without turning back to face him. "I came for the sunrise. I stayed for the view." Neck arched as I turned back to him, eyes slightly glazed and expression thoughtful. "It is lovely, isn't it?" I looked back at Asur, pale mane drifting into my eyes. It was so innocent, so hidden. All of these games we play, all the things we don't tell each other.

"I often prefer new places to new faces. Others do not always... I find comfort in solitude. I am close to my family, but have made few friends here." For a moment, the masks are dropped, and my voice dripped with sadness and frustration and longing. I shook my head, bright mane dancing across an onyx poll; raising myself, I let the mask fall back into place, eyes again glittering with casual curiosity. "What of yourself, Asur?" His voice was foreign and pleasant off my tongue; a slight, playful smile now creeps upon my face. "What are you doing here, on the top of the world? Did Smoke intimidate you so much, you needed to escape the Foothills already? Or perhaps you met their medic - I have heard she's quite the character." I laughed, a deep, pleasant sound, not often heard. I enjoyed the feeling of laughter, though, how it shook my body and filled me with warmth.

Unregistered

Warmth lingers in his lopsided gaze as he mentions Mirage, and the name banishes all darkness clinging to Asur’s notion of his past. Best saved for bitter days, he thinks. Asur prefers the lilt of joy in the mare’s tone, and even breathes the lightest snort of laughter at her tone. She has a mate, Rishima all but growls. Someone named Vikram - Asur doesn’t care. He has no design on this name - no attachment to this faint idea he calls Mirage. Let her dance with Vikram; he is here. His head tilts slowly, and her moment of intensity flies away with the sea wind, teased off by his voice. She has more to say than he expected, and the chestnut stallion listens in good nature while she speaks - not all important things, but all brief snatches of insight to a foreign soul. He glimpses her behind her words like a traveler sees light through the trees, and rather than rush in headlong and frighten her with his abruptness, he takes the wandering path and lets the breeze skim off the worst of the day’s heat.

”Good,” he parrots, gently teasing. ”My brothers would laugh to hear you say that.” His attention fades though, leaping suddenly into the past, and though he catches the sadness before it overtakes his face the feeling lingers - a gathering quiet, a restless blue like evening sneaking in after a good day. She never meant to even say the word, and he shouldn’t have dragged it through his own mind, tarnished it with feeling inappropriate for such a place. Something’s happened to the younger son of three princes, who found nothing waiting for him when he slipped into the world and laughed that off, and won himself companionship instead of any prize. A stranger has moved in to take his place.

Someone dark.

”You’re kind,” he breathes to fill the silence threatening to swallow up them both. The good humor returns, but tempered by that blue now lingering in the stallion’s voice. It’s all he manages before changing the subject to something safe, something he can trust to carry them along. This wound can’t heal soon enough; it lingers on and on, and in its shadow bad things grow.

She saves him by talking about the sunrise, and he thinks he tastes a bite of loneliness in the mare’s voice. He hasn’t paid attention like he should; Asur is busy struggling against his own thoughts, falling prey to narcissism brought on by a single wicked blow. He forces his gaze outside and lets it linger on her face, a dark name brushing through his thoughts. Rishima. A second child, lonely with the weight of expectations on her back or with the light of an older sister dimming out her own? She expects to be overlooked. She promises to call him good and shrinks from her own judgment, as if appreciation - want for something other than the empty air - is wrong.

He answered only with a nod when she spoke of the view; his ears twitch now as the conversation turns to him, running past a mention of family on Rishima’s part and turning into a gentle taunt. Asur blows an indignant snort.

”They were hospitable enough,” he says, lip curling in what must be described as distaste - though to be frank he has never had a love for doctors, for the bitter taste of herbs. It’s rude to speak ill of your hosts, he thinks, and swallows. ”A man grows restless, though. And tired of sitting in one place. My face is damaged, not my legs! And I was curious.” Tail flicking, Asur shifts his weight. ”I heard there were... strange creatures here.” Unicorns, he thinks. Pegasi. He doesn’t mention that he’s glad he didn’t find them. He doesn’t want to seem afraid.

[ that post was gorgeous <3 ]

"You have brothers?" I latched onto this, quietly relieved at his teasing voice, for I had feared the consequences of my ill-planned compliment. My tone was light and inquisitive, curiosity unveiled by the oft-distant tones I hid behind. What were they like, the brothers of this clean-cut stallion with the vibrant chestnut coat? And what is he like, in the comfort of his kin? The image that danced behind my eyes was a pleasant, if perhaps unrealistic, one. Still, I enjoyed my mental vision of a young Asur... although his imaginary brothers quickly developed into figures suspiciously similar to two near-identical stallions I am all to familiar with. I smiled at the memory of my brothers, a twinge of longing for their company ringing within my heart. I would find them soon; they had not left this land yet.

There was something in his tone, something that gave me pause and distracted my mind from its reminiscing. Some sort of distant sadness, the memory of something weighty. Dark ears flutter in concern, the fear that I somehow triggered some sorrow within his breast. Did he recall his injury? Was this something else? Eyes scanned his face, nostrils flaring slightly. The sun beat down on our moment of silence, intruding on my thoughts, a brief flare interrupting my concern. A second passes, more; I began to open my mouth to question, to break the humid emptiness, but he beat me to it, and his simple statement surprised a smile onto my face. I curbed the expression quickly, retreating back into my mask of moonlit shadow, but the gleam of mischief remained in my eye. A dip of my head; appreciation of the words. The sadness that had permeated our small bubble of solitude was not forgotten, but I tucked it away into a recess of my mind. I would pursue that path later.

Laughter was quelled as his voice again drifted to my aural cavities, but the curl of his lip in response to my query nearly renewed the gleeful noise. He swallowed, and I smirked, dark eyes glittering. "I loathe being healed," I confide, sympathetic to his plight. His voice continued to wash over me, and I let a sanguine expression rest upon my face, listening in interest to his protests of restlessness. The way he spoke amused me; did he feel the need to justify his desire for exploration, to apologize for venturing outside the confines of his foster home? Poor skittish Asur, why are you so polite? I would that I could take you and shake you out; satisfy your curiosity with the world I have seen. For I have seen so much of it, more than you could imagine, yet I have never seen one quite like you.

He murmured of strange creatures, and my brow furrowed into a shallow line, confusion momentarily marring my dark brow. Then realization dawned, and incredulity at my own idiocy. Of course. This clean-cut stallion with his braided hair, of course he would find Helovia strange. There were dragons here, were Gods of earth and sky; there were winged and horned horses. Not so many years ago, I found these things foreign and exciting; now though, they were commonplace. All of this passed through my mind in a fleeting second, quickly pursued by another idea, one that sent a mischievous tingle down my spine. Without thinking, I stepped forward, brow snaking towards the stud and bright mane glittering before my eyes. I had transformed, donning a cloak of mystery and adjusting my voice. A rich purr poured from my vocals, dark and lush. "Strange creatures, Asssur?" Another step, steep and graceful, moving me around him in an elegant arch. "Indeed, there are mysteries here, horses who can disguise, transform... change."

I continued on my prowl, predatory, coming around towards his right side. What had come over me, I could not say; but suddenly I felt like playing, like testing this stallion and judging his response. Milky whipcords flicked, a gentle snap aimed at his knees, at the same time I brought my lips close to his ear. Dense growl, low and whispered, breathed into the caverns: "Even I may not be all I appear." The rich sent of him flooded my nostrils, tickling all of my senses and engrossing my mind.

I shivered, convulsed, and sneezed violently, turning my face away at the last moment and startling myself into an upright pose.

The sound and action brought me into silence. For a moment, I stared at him. It was such an inelegant motion, such a sudden burst of sound, and it forced me back to reality. What was I doing, acting so foolishly towards a stallion I scarcely knew? Hovered, I hovered between complete release and regained control. Control won. The calm mask slipped back on, veil falling over clear visage. I stepped back, too quickly; standing a pace from him, I stopped, eyes still trained on his face. I had come so close to dropping my shadows. I had almost touched him, had almost let him in as I would my my siblings. Gaze shifted away, towards the horizon; a deep breath drawn in, then released, lungs pressing against thin coat. I was calm.

I turned back, a gentle smile returned to my face. Nothing was shown. "Well," I ask lightly, deep voice just a shade too carefree - just a shade. "If you like, I will show you some of Helovia's strange creatures. Or I could find you a guide. Perhaps we shall fine my sister, or Akaith - her dragon," I added quickly, glancing shrewdly at him in an attempt to gauge his response to the idea of winged flying fire-breathing lizards. "She is more familiar with this place than I." A touch of the teasing returns to my voice, a smirk curling my mouth. "Unless, of course, your legs are too tired...?"

Unregistered

”Had,” he says, as if allowing her to believe even that tiny shred of happiness is too great a lie. That’s all Asur dares voice on the subject though; bound not by secrecy but ignorance, he can say little of siblings now lost. No doubt the notion of those other princes made him seem less distant, more real... He used them that way before but now only feels sickened by the memory of each face - a different sickness for each one. They gather, silent, at the bottom of his chest. He thinks the scar is just a warning - the only physical description he can manage for the things inside him, too. Maybe that explains the soothing presence of the dark mare with the liquid blackness in her eyes and the moon in waning brilliance struck across her hips. She is a mystery, a thing to think of and enjoy, a thing untarnished by these beasts inside him.

Unaccustomed to this weight of dancing around touchy subjects, giving here and taking there, Asur follows the course of conversation just a little slower than Rishima does. The sound of her laughter draws a broad smile, though - he has always found the noise highly infectious. A low chuckle rumbles in his chest then, radiating warmth already present in his healthy eye. Her next reaction is a strange one though, and without even noticing the tension Asur stands a little taller when she drops low to prowl about, voice hissing like the best of storytellers. His own ears flicking curiously, Asur stands tall but does not move - opposed to movement, in fact. Something in him, tempered by six years of honest training, screams when struck just hard enough and bleeds sparks but never gives. It is the first he’s shown of an iron spirit since arriving here. It is less anger though and more a wariness tucked in behind amusement, a sudden reminder that he knows nothing of her beyond a charming wit and a love of beauty.

For a moment, while she speaks, he feels the weight of.... something - pouring down on them. A heaviness, a headiness, like magnetism - pushing them together and thrusting him down against the weight of the earth and his own demons and whatever unknown mysteries await beyond. He is a splinter lost in the black sea of her gaze, an old oak groaning in the wind of her voice. He is impervious and vulnerable and drawn in so the liquid warmth of his own gaze is something hotter than the sunbaked earth - something intrigued, something hot enough to forge the iron strength of the will that brought him here, half dead, to this place.

Helovia.

The spell breaks and the mare reels back. Asur lets out a breath he’s suddenly aware of holding, and the air around them both seems lighter suddenly, and hotter. Somehow his posture has become a thing contorted, twisted down and arched up, roiled like hot glass to meet the crooning of her moonlight speech. He gives himself a hearty shake and snorts, and deep rumbling laughter shivers in his chest. ”My legs carried me miles when I craved for sleep,” he boasts. ”They don’t tire so easily.” With a flick of his tail, the stallion moves now, curling around her in a wide arc, hesitating when he stands facing nearly the same direction she faces. ”Let’s explore,” he decides, emboldened by his days of rest and memories of worse things - far worse things - that he endured with little to show for it. ”I’d see the places you know first, before I find Mirage.” Asur breathes a snort. "I have had enough of dragons."