the Rift

Pure Intentions [Kutlu]

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily
As the sun rose high in the skies, Aaron to pulled himself to his feet. At almost a year old, he had shaken off much of the awkward colt that had arrived here with his mother almost two seasons before. The dual painted yearling perfered to be on his own, to explore the lands around him. However one place had always drawn him back. The Endless Blue reminded him so much of the Tides, and of Opheila. The last time they had been together was in the Tides after she had been kiddnapped. The first time he had seen her again was in the Endless Blue. It had only been then that he fould out she had a twin, Kutlu. He had traveled with them and another colt to visit the God of the Earth so that Kutlu's legs could be healed.

Without thinking, the colt had made his way from the Foothills and somehow ended up in the Thistle Meadow. It was a welcome change of pace, a new land to explore. However his thoughts were lost on Phi. Since they had met he had been her best friend. He wanted to stay her best friend forever. Yet there was some part of him, he didn't fully understand that wanted to protect her no matter the cost. It had been with Phi in mind that he had answered the call of the God of the Sun to gain fire magic. He wanted to better protect her. It had taken months of practice. Practice that he had hidden from his mother as he learned to control his new magic. After all he didn't want others seeing him making little animals feel like they were on fire, even if there was on fire on the outside. Soon as he had control over it, he stopped practicing. However it was very tempting to practice here, just one more time. He stopped in his tracks, thinking over all the different thoughts racing around in his mind.

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

A man delivered can never
Make his way in the darkness

Ktulu had been watching the yearling colt since he had stepped into the meadow. She knew exactly who he was and figured automatically that he was searching for Ophelia. The black dun girl's ears tilted back against her head and she pawed at the ground. Aaron was nice, she could give him that. He had helped with the quest to get her legs straightened but she knew that he had only done it to try and get in good with Phi. He may have been nice but she didn't trust him with her sister. Ophelia was too delicate emotionally to have her affections toyed with. Of course he might not be the type to just want to toy with her, but he still had to prove that.

"What are you searching for Aaron?" Ktulu asked, finally stepping out from behind the tree she and her sister had slept under for so many months. "Or should I ask who?" Her crimson gaze narrowed on the colt as she waited for him to answer her question.

Icon by Tay

"What are you searching for Aaron? Or should I ask who?" The colt nearly jumped out of his skin as he was startled from his thoughts. He looked around to see where the voice had come from to see Kutlu, Phi's twin sister stepping from under a tree. He sighed with slight relief as at least it was someone he knew, well sort of. Her gaze seemed fixed upon him as she waited for him to answer. It took him a minute but he answered her calmly. "Hello Kutlu. Didn't see you there. Not searching for anyone, just wandering.. What brings you out here?"

He longed to ask her where Phi was, but that would make it seem as if he was looking for her sister. In truth he had just been wandering, lost in thought. Her gaze seemed to narrow and the colt shifted slightly. He got the impression from the look in her eyes, that Kutlu either did not like him or did not trust him...

Her ears tilted toward Aaron as he began to speak and she listened. She was surprised that he didn't mention Ophelia at all, but she didn't let it register on her face. Instead she remained cool and composed. It wouldn't do for her to be completely ugly to someone her sister was friends with and it certainly wouldn't do for her to do anything to hurt him.

"I live here." She replied in response to his question. It wouldn't be much longer before her and Ophelia headed toward the Dragon's Throat to try and begin their new lives in a herd separate from their parents and most of their friends. It would be strange at first but as long as her and Ophelia had one another they would be fine. "Have you settled into a herd yet?"

Icon by Tay

As he spoke she just seemed to watch him, no change in expression at all. His ears flickered forward as she spoke again, stating that she lived here before she asked if he had settled in anywhere. "Oh. Well i've stuck with my Mom.... She's kinda needed me after losing my Dad... We're at the Windtossed Foothills." The Foothills were home, even if he spent most of his time at the Endless Blue.

It was the first time he truely admited that he thought his Dad didn't make it. When he was around his mom, Aaron tried to help her hold in the fact he could of made it out. But as time was moving on.. We'll the mother and son pair let the worst sink in. With a sigh he spoke again "Eventually i'll leave the Foothills, just want to make sure my mom's ok first." After all, he was her world right now and he knew it.

"Sorry about that." Ktulu said when Aaron spoke of losing his father. Though her family had made it out of Isilme she had still experienced the feeling of loss. First when Ophelia had been kidnapped and again when they had been chased from their home. They had lived as orphans, not knowing if their parents were alive. Now they knew but they still lived alone, relying only on one another to get by.

"Where will you go when you leave the Foothills?" Ktulu already thought she knew the answer. He would go wherever Ophelia was. Again, Ktulu wasn't sure how she felt about the colt. Maybe he could prove himself and she would accept him as the right one for her sister, but he would have to work for it.

Icon by Tay

The young stallion's ears flickered back and forth, listening for any movement around him. His mother had taught him, that you never could be to careful... That ignoring your surroundings could be dangerous. He merely nodded at Kutlu's words. Really what could she say? Nothing would bring him back, that is if he was truely dead like he was beginning to assume. He was greatful that the shades of isilme had not made him an orphan, as it had Jackal... "I'm one of the lucky ones, could of lost them both. But that's not something I dwell on." For a colt, he sometimes spoke very much like a grown up... Thats what you get when you keep to yourself and adults.

It was then she changed the subject, something he was greatful for. She brought up a good question though... Where would he go? That he wasn't sure. "Honestly i'll roam a bit. Probably stay in the Endless Blue or somewhere like that. I've got some work to do.... On controling the gift the God of the Sun gave me not long after we all arrived here" He wanted to work on getting perfect control of his ability. After all, he didn't want to kill anyone.... Just cause them pain if they hurt those he cared for.