the Rift

[PRIVATE] Mind over matter

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!
[Image: 5253a7371d5b4]
Tears are falling gently from emerald eyes, and I watch them, beautiful crystal structures, falling to the earth near massive hooves. Father. My own eyes search for some comfort, something to tell me I am just dreaming. I would not find the shadow of denial to hide within today. Instead, I saw the grim reality of this death written all over the aged lines of the Earth. I knew, deep in my heart, there was no escaping this time. I would find no void to disappear into, no consoling embrace of the dark to steal me from the horrible world.

I am to hold the torch in the darkness of the world, caused by the menacing being at work here. The marionette strings causing shift in the peaceful island in the sky, painted crimson - they were out there. This could happen again.

Hototo. Come here. We must talk. I nod, my bronze hooves still for a moment, not wanting to move.

Eventually, I have no choice but to separate myself from the blood at my hooves, the strangers who knew my face, and to follow one of the few individuals I recognized. Why can I remember that I am the Son of the Earth, but not my own name? How can I recall his beard, but not my mother's face? I squint, not particularly sure why I am concerned about my identity right now. What did it matter who I was, where I came from? All that mattered was the girl dead on the floor, surrounded by white flowers and red stained grass.

"Why is this happening, father?" I ask, my voice quiet and tired. "Why do I feel she is not the last?"

Messages In This Thread
Mind over matter - by God of the Earth - 09-13-2014, 06:35 PM
RE: Mind over matter - by Hototo - 09-14-2014, 06:17 PM
RE: Mind over matter - by God of the Earth - 09-16-2014, 12:45 PM
RE: Mind over matter - by Hototo - 09-16-2014, 01:15 PM
RE: Mind over matter - by God of the Earth - 09-19-2014, 10:24 AM
RE: Mind over matter - by Hototo - 10-07-2014, 02:41 PM