the Rift

[PRIVATE] Mind over matter

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!
[Image: 5253a7371d5b4]
His words answer my second question. Truly, this poor husk of a mare would not be the last victim, unless... Unless I rose to meet the challenge.

In my heart, the grit of my nature churns, seeking something to grasp upon. My identity is weak, for I know not who I am, where I arrived from, but I feel within my bones that I am strong. Young and virile, but holding the wisdom within my blood to seek the true path. As long as I was the Son of the Earth, I held a covenant with the creatures living within his embrace. If my father could not put a halt to the injustice here, then I would have to. I turn my eyes toward the bloodied corpse, the hollowed eyes, and I nod quietly.

I could no longer abandon my responsibilities, shirk those who relied upon me.
I am mortal. I am little more than a child. I, however, do not have the luxury to bathe in the innocence of my age forever.
The world needed a protector, a light through the darkness.
I shall be the shoulders upon which the world is carried - Atlas, he would not shrug today.

My jaw tenses and I resist the urge to sigh heavily. I did not ask for this life, and my mind even tried to run from this fate. Fate is patient, stubborn, and demanding. I could not escape what had been born into my blood. I could run, but fate would always be faster. I could seek the comfort of the abyss, only to be dragged back into a harsh world with no memories to hold me steady. For the cowardice of escape, I was being punished, tested. I breathe evenly, looking at the broad chest of my father, the strength in his stance. He carried the weight of thousands of worlds, his eyes having witnessed centuries of Helovia's troubles. That he still managed to care, to open his heart, and remain standing... I have much to learn.

"I will find whoever is responsible," I say, my voice determined. "And protect the others if I can."

"I promise."

Messages In This Thread
Mind over matter - by God of the Earth - 09-13-2014, 06:35 PM
RE: Mind over matter - by Hototo - 09-14-2014, 06:17 PM
RE: Mind over matter - by God of the Earth - 09-16-2014, 12:45 PM
RE: Mind over matter - by Hototo - 09-16-2014, 01:15 PM
RE: Mind over matter - by God of the Earth - 09-19-2014, 10:24 AM
RE: Mind over matter - by Hototo - 10-07-2014, 02:41 PM