the Rift

[PRIVATE] What did I say?

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Spark

The air began to turn dense with energy, making the ends of hair and whiskers tickle. It compressed, becoming dense, crackling and whining noises protesting the pressure of matter being condensed. Suddenly, with a loud pop, the matter exploded into a churning, black hole from which the Time God strode naturally. The entire event was normal for the God, so he simply shook the space matter from his coat and looked around the island.

A dead pegasus.

He knew something like this was happening, just like he knew something was going on when their citizens had started turning into nasty, infectious wraiths. Someone, specifically a someone, was behind all of this, but his vision was blocked. The smell of this horrendous action was all too familiar, and his stare settled briefly on the black and silver boy with suspicion.

What secrets had mother been feeding him?

Then, his eyes settled on his own daughter. Wasn't she supposed to be looking into all of this? Had she at all? He called her over with a nod of his head, staring at the dead body briefly. The Time God needed to know what she had discovered. This would be vitally important. "What did you learn?" he asked quietly, looking at her with interest. "All of this is too familiar."

Image Credits
FOXX

@[Roskuld]

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

…So I walked over to him as he beckoned me over, the slope of my shoulders stiff and frozen and my spine painfully straight; my steps were still awkward from the blood on the bottom of my hooves. A sense of dread was steadily stealing over me; the memory of our previous meeting was still fresh in my head—but more than that, there was another recollection that was making its obnoxious way to the forefront of my mind’s eye. Back when I was properly tiny childish, calling for my Ma so I could suck from her tit—coming across a whole group of strangers, except one of them was my Pa and no one thought to tell me—and all around me, it seemed like, crows were falling from the sky, dark as shadows and neatly, perfectly dead. I had been scared shitless back then—I never made sense of the wild fear that I had had, but I could tell that something awful was happening and I had wanted to get the hell out of there as fast as I could.

I had the exact same feeling now—except my ass was bigger and my shoulders were sturdier and ready to hold the weight of much more responsibility. I couldn’t just run.

Did I forget what he wanted me to do? Of course not—hadn’t I spent so much of my time (heh) looking for Mesec? Well, okay, looking for both Ma and Mesec, that was true, but the effort was equal for the both of them. It just so happened that Ma proved to be easier to find—I hadn’t even caught a whiff of Mesec’s starry butt anywhere, at any place, at any time. It wasn’t until I had left the earth behind on a baller floating cloud that I finally found my half-god sibling.

Pa asked me what I had found—and I shook my head jerkily, irately, as though a fly were whizzing around my ears. “Not a damn thing,” I said through gritted teeth, hating what I was saying but saying it anyway, because lying wasn’t gonna fix anything. It just sucked being a failure. “I tried looking for Br—for Mesec, like you said. He wasn’t anywhere though, Pa. He—I couldn’t even smell him…” I glanced back at him—at Mesec, my Bro, the one who I had grown up beside, the one who had led me out of all sorts of screwed up situations.

Unbidden, in my head, there came the image of the cold mare’s lips again, and the dark clump of hair she had stuffed in her mouth. I shook my head again, irritated and frightened and ready to do something, anything to make this bullshit come to an end…

Roskuld</style>

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Helovian Ancient
Admin

God of the Spark

The God of the Spark had been suspicious of his siblings for a very long time. He and his fiery brother were the most sane, in his opinion. The fire god had a short and fast temper, but he was not stupid. Most importantly, the fire god believed and understood the importance of balance. For all of his benevolence, the God of the Earth still seemed self-important, and the Moon Goddess? Well, toying with mortals was her favorite past time. He wished he knew when she had lost her heart, but she would never tell. She hid herself behind walls of smoke, lies and snake-like smiles.

Calling his daughter over, he awaited her answer, and the weight of his stare got heavier as she shook her head. So, she had done nothing he had asked? Was all of his talk of destiny and living a full life for nothing? This is why he didn't bother with mortals. Ophelia had never been quite so... useless, but she had been useless as a mother. He sighed.

There was not point in getting angry. "We will see if that comes back to bite the mortals in the ass," he said, looking down at the dead pegasus mare. "While you were looking for the shadow child, you, perhaps, should have also been looking where his mother lives," he said in a hushed tone. "But you can use this now to your advantage. He has to know something."

The God of Time looked down at Roskuld. "I told you once before that there is a force at work I cannot see. This reeks of wraiths and broken time streams. You and the rest of the half-mortals will need to take down whoever killed this mare. You will need to figure all of this out."

He glanced at his siblings. "We are bound by pact to not interfere in mortal matters, so I need proof that this is an immortal deed. Can you do this, Roskuld?" he asked.

Image Credits
FOXX

@[Roskuld]

Okay yeah I kinda got the memo that this was some pretty serious shit. Jeez. I hated the way he looked down his nose at me—the way he kept his cool like that, like he wasn’t even gonna get worked up over my own screw up. It would’ve been better if he had yelled; I could’ve yelled back. But no, no, all he did was just give me this….coldish disappointment, which was worse, much worse, than any kind of name-calling he could’ve divulged into. I couldn’t meet his eye; my ears pinned and my tiny tail lashed and my molars grinded, but I couldn’t meet his eye.

"While you were looking for the shadow child, you, perhaps, should have also been looking where his mother lives.”

Wherever the hell that is!

I stifled the aggravated groan that was growing in the back of my throat, because fear makes me angry and I was steadily getting hella pissed. He didn’t need to remind me the urgency of the situation; he didn’t need to rub it in that this was something I could have prevented (could have I?) He had told me I could choose my own destiny, and more and more, there was something out there growing and morphing and taking that choice away from me.

“Can you do this, Roskuld?"

No, I wanted to blurt out. I probably would have, too, if this had been before my legs were splattered in the bright ruby blood of the unfortunate kid whose body lay only lengths away from me. But that thing that was creeping on the horizon was taking away my choice of failure; my life was being wrenched out of my hands and into the palms of something sinister or glorious—however you wanted to look at it, like. I mean.

So I took a deep breath and I stopped grinding my molars and my tail stopped doing its lashing thing, and I looked up and into my Pa’s stormy eye. “I will do it.” It came out heavier than I expected—but I guess I shouldn’t’ve been too shocked. I was throwing away the luxury of the indefinite and chaining myself onto the great, big-ass fan of the universe, and there was a huge pile of shit shooting its way straight for it.

I looked over at Mesec—and for the first time, I looked upon his Ma, his real Ma.

I immediately decided she was a bitch.

Roskuld</style>

Helovian Ancient
Admin

God of the Spark

All he needed was her affirmative, and it was received. The God nodded once, looking around at the others who were still speaking to their children. The sun foal was small, far too weak to be of any use. He frowned. Perhaps he needed to speed them all up, get them to the same age and strength as the Earth's boy, Hototo. He would bring it up later.

For now, he shifted his weight and turned back to his daughter. Her skills of uncovering truth, spying, and learning seemed a little lacking given her mother's penchant for knowledge. Ophelia had not passed along that gift of memory and desire to hunt truth like a predator, it seemed. Unfortunate.

"The Moon Goddess can be found in the World's Edge," he said. "Just as I can be found in the Aurora Basin. Her followers live there, but the dark boy is bound to know more than anyone else." He spoke quietly, electric blue eyes shifting to his wicked sister.

"Do not trust anyone, but keep them close. You can work alone to find this killer, or you can work with your siblings. That choice is up to you." He shrugged apologetically. "With power and knowledge comes the desire for others to want to rip it from you. This will be a burden you carry for the rest of your life, but I will travel on this journey. Even when I am not near, I am watching. You will never truly be alone."

Image Credits
FOXX

@[Roskuld]

It took me some time to finally tear my eyes away from the Bitch Goddess of the Moon—I couldn’t stand the way she was so pretty. Like, Ma ain’t no nag, but she ain’t no Goddess either. Mesec’s Ma was just…res-splen-dent in this silvery, un-earthly way, like the air around her was giving her adequate shade from the blazing sun and cloaking her in this shawl of beauty and fucking glitter. The way she was holding herself, too, that added to it—supremely confident and prim and all that crap, like she knew she was beautiful and powerful all rolled into one. It was all I could do to keep my lips from twisting from this sour, bitter taste in the back of my throat; saying things like “You’ll always be my brother, man!” was pretty to say, but I couldn’t stand this irrefutable proof that he really wasn’t my brother.

Well okay, I guess he was was a sibling in a way—since, y’know, God stuff. Which made Hototo my brother too (which was WEIRD to think about, jeez) and that one little shitstain Aithininny standing over there with this yellow flaming guy who could only be associated with the sun. God of the Sun….the guy who stole(?) Ma’s memories. Here now was a neat little reason to justify my irritation with the little filly thingy. More than ever, I couldn’t help but doubt Pa’s assertion that we were siblings, standing strong against this threat—maybe we’d stand together and bitch at each other the entire time. I dunno.

My gaze then shifted to Hototo, something raw still there from seeing him, still kinda hurt that he hadn’t seemed to care to see me. His Pa (I guess) was this huge motherfucker that looked like he could wreck some shit if he had a mind to. But his eyes…like, they were the softest things ever, like there was no way ever he would ever ever ever wanna slap you upside the head for doing dumb shit. I knew there was a God of the Earth (hadn’t Miss Day Day told all of us kids about him at one point? I don’t remember…) and, looking at Toto’s hulking father, he was the embodiment of the cliff-side and the roaring, powerful waterfall and the tree I ran into when I was a kid. Well…it made sense to think that, anyway.

I turned my gaze back on my own Pa, this short, black, unassuming stallion who I still didn’t know, who seemed a whole lot more powerful and scarier than all the other heavenly bodies that were crowded around here. He was telling me where to go, who to talk to, who to trust (no one, heh), and it was like…he was shackling himself to the big fan like I was—or, maybe, he had already been shackled to the fan before me, shackled for thousands and thousands of years—or even, maybe he had created that fan himself. “Thanks,” I said gruffly, hesitantly, when he told me that I wasn’t alone. I was gonna brush it off all cool-like, like it wasn’t a big deal and that I could (at least try to) handle whatever was flying my way.

But that was a lie and I’m not built for that. “I…I am gonna need some help,” I conceded in a softer voice, scuffing a blood-spattered hoof on the ground. And I guess that was the first time I had ever asked for a helping hand in my life. And I didn’t even really ask--I just—I dunno, I guess I just wised up a little.

Roskuld</style>

Helovian Ancient
Admin

God of the Spark

The God of the Spark nodded, his shifting, blue eyes taking in the other children again while feeling nothing in particular toward them at all. They were what they were, and they would eventually die just like everything and everyone else. He would not go so far as to say they were insignificant, but on a long enough timeline, everything approached zero. Eventually, they would become insignificant, a blip in history, a well fabricated and uninteresting story told around fires.

Roskuld said that she would need help, and he nodded. She would need help. "Wise of you to ask for it," he replied, turning his gaze back to his shorter, stocky daughter. He didn't give much of a hoot about appearances. Eventually, everyone would sag on bones that protested their own weight. Who really cared? "I can give you this power for a short time," he said. "At least to help out with your current tasks."

He touched her forehead with his nose, a painless spark jumping from one of his thick, black whiskers into her very skull. "I know that I have put more on you than all of the others," he said. "But this should help. This will tell you who was anywhere at anytime. Try it now, with the body," he said, using his nose to gesture in the direction of the dead mare.

He waited, knowing exactly what she would see, for he could see it too.

Time wound backwards, quickly, like a VHS on rewind. Horses came and went, moving around, their movements like plucking staccato on an discordant violin. Images zoomed by with only the God of the Spark and Roskuld staying in place. Finally, the pictures stopped, and together they watched the plot unfold.

A shapeless shadow came upon Vesta, figure blurred out as if nothing but a hole existed in the very fabric of reality. The hole screamed, a nothingness that warped the images around it, consuming all in its path. Obviously what was behind this thing was tragic. Vesta became alert, but she called to the stranger, wary.

Almost instantly, the shadow attacked, a high pitched scream echoing loudly through time. Blood seemed to appear from her body as she fought, gashes like phantoms ripping through her flesh. Not until she was on the ground, her final breaths escaping from her lungs, did she stop fighting. The shadow slipped away.

[[Roskuld has the temporary ability to go back and time and see what happened in a particular place. Just tag the RE if you need one to show up]]

Image Credits
FOXX