the Rift

[OPEN] No better time than the present

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
Aithniel

Aithniel watched and listened to his words. The world and her heart shifted on their axes, and she felt as if she was underwater, surrounded by cracking flames in the depths. She felt importance, duty, and power fill the empty holes in her chest where a mother's love and encouragement should have been. She was the daughter of the most powerful god in this land and in her entire world. By her very blood, she was a leader, a force, and she could no longer be denied.

Her thoughts were very mature for her age, but she had been raised with those slightly older, and the expectations Illynx put on her were high. All of his words now made sense. She was not supposed to know her mother. She was no supposed to feel love. What had happened was to make her who she was supposed to be, and while she was still passionately furious inside at her abandonment, she understood.

She did look around when he gestured with his wing to the others. The fat, irritating one couldn't call her a little shit now, could she? Aithniel narrowed her eyes. Out of all of them, she felt that they were unable to affect change, to weak with personal relationships to do anything necessary. They all knew each other, but she was alone. And in being alone, she would thrive.

The child felt her heart burst with aching need when he said that she was wanted in this world, and much to her chagrine, saline welled up in her eyes that she refused to blink loose. She nodded. I feel it now," she whispered, taking a deep breath. "I feel that I need to bring order, that I need to do what I can to right the wrong of... her death.".

Aithniel looked to the body briefly, still feeling her stomach turn at the sight of so much blood. But, she knew, it would get easier. The God of the Sun had been the only one to show both love and interest toward her, so she bowed her to her father, the god of light and flame. "I want to learn from you," she said. "I want to know fire as I learn myself. I want to bring the fear of flame and light to this land, for balance."

Her internal armor was solid.

I'll go down burning in your embrace

Tabini with many thanks to the amazing Blu

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Messages In This Thread
RE: No better time than the present - by Aithniel - 09-13-2014, 11:41 PM
RE: No better time than the present - by Aithniel - 09-14-2014, 10:57 PM
RE: No better time than the present - by Aithniel - 09-16-2014, 11:58 AM
RE: No better time than the present - by Aithniel - 09-23-2014, 10:21 AM