the Rift

[OPEN] My Sweet Summer Is Gone

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: sohtable.png]

SOHALIA

The blue was threatening because she was everything the Transcended was not. Ampere lived her life with a wild passion that the dove had never quite been able to master - she seemed to care not what others thought of her, nor what bridges she had to burn to get her way. She merely visualized her goals and took them, by whatever means necessary. Her bravery was a trait that the angel admired, though it scared her as much as it impressed her. How did it feel to live so freely, to be so unaffected by the dislike and misunderstanding of others?

Of course, the pair of them had a rather unstable history. If the Sultana was one to hold grudges, then she would harbor a great deal of resentment for the blue-tinged mare. As it were, she did not hate Ampere, though it took everything in her power not to do so. After all, the blue had threatened to break apart her family on more than one occasion, and to the ivory fae, that had been the ultimate betrayal of one who presumed to call her 'sister,' as was the way of a herd. But Ampere's return brought no anger or dislike forth in the Transcended, for in the end, she had prevailed, hadn't she? No, as she landed before her former leader (however brief Ampere's reign might have been), she felt only unease. What tidings did the Mother of Companions bring this time? Where had she disappeared to for all this time?

Astraeus landed softly on her withers, sparking wildly as he glared daggers at the other pegasus. Unlike his bonded, he had no qualms about displaying his true feelings, though they differed substantially from Sohalia's. Hush, shekhikhi. She means no harm. The angel could not explain how she knew this to be true, but the thought was there all the same.

The blue's greeting was not the one that the dove had expected, but it confirmed the admonishment to her companion. "Thank you," she replied quietly, suddenly wishing that she could say the same - but it was almost as though the fire that burned brightly at Ampere's core had been dimmed. She spoke softly, and there was something almost child-like about the uncertainty in her gaze. In the silence that followed, the Sultana struggled for words. What could she possibly say to the mare who had tried so hard to take her life away? Was she to welcome their former leader, who had disappeared so abruptly, back with open arms? Would she expect her crown back?

But something about Ampere's dejection tugged at Sohalia's heart, and she stepped forward once, twice, until she stood closer, her neck arching forward as though to offer comfort.

An apology was the last thing that the angel had thought to hear from Ampere's lips, but it was an apology that tumbled forth, so quiet that she could barely hear it. A chasm opened in her chest, for she had never seen the strong mare reduced to such vulnerability. Perhaps it was a mothering instinct brought about by the hormones running rampant in her post-pregnancy body, but something about Ampere reminded her of herself. She took a final step forward so that she could reach to brush her muzzle against the blue's, should Ampere allow it. "It's alright," she murmured in an almost-motherly croon, "You're home now."

And whatever history she may have held against the mare faded away.

"talk talk talk"

Translations ::
shekhikhi | my light, a pet name commonly used for children (or, in this case, a companion)

Live... I want to live on fire
Die... I want to burn out brighter
Brighter than the northern lights
Want to live to feel the daylight

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Ampere - 09-13-2014, 11:50 PM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Sohalia - 09-14-2014, 12:15 AM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Ampere - 09-15-2014, 12:30 AM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Sohalia - 09-15-2014, 08:03 PM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Ampere - 09-16-2014, 12:33 AM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Sohalia - 09-16-2014, 07:36 PM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Ampere - 09-19-2014, 11:40 PM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Sohalia - 09-23-2014, 11:36 AM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Ampere - 10-05-2014, 11:32 PM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Sohalia - 10-11-2014, 01:15 AM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Ampere - 10-11-2014, 04:55 PM