the Rift

[OPEN] Our Spot on the Map {Welcoming}

Nayati Posts: 116
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: four years
Rathunax :: Common Red Dragon :: Shock Breath cailyn

I know your wavering heart, intimately</style>

Guiding the spotted gentleman was simple, with how well the traveler knew the lands. Once upon a time, Nayati had been a wanderer, an outcast by name and alliance when the Grey had stripped away her home and all those she'd ever loved had disappeared in the wake of the destruction. Words didn't come easily to the soft-spoken maiden that took the lead for the much larger companion trailing trustingly behind the ivory tresses spread from her bodice like a wave, a clear path of flowers the permanent sign of her passage should the trees ever separate them. By the time the weather began to change, and the temperature began to drop with the cool winds spreading off the ocean near the cliffs, Nayati began to find her words. "Before the StormBringer and SunShower took the throne after the wraiths attacked and drove all Helovians underground, the World's Edge was ruled by Mirage the DragonHeart. She ordered the construction of a giant glass wall, one eventually ruined mysteriously while we were underground. It is now but a skeleton, being transformed into a greenhouse to promote openness and peace instead of seclusion the wall previously symbolized." As she spoke it came into view, shattered and aged, missing chunks in various places with scattered shards dangerous and glittering throughout the grass leading into the misted forest.

Turning to smile encouragingly at Daemyn, the nurse walked him to the borders, advancing beyond the gleaming bones of the barrier. Above her Rathunax soared, circling the pair a few times before opening his maw to sing out, exotic and beckoning all at once in the harmonic melody he crafted as he summoned one of the tiered members to approve of the stallion she'd brought home to become kin. As Rathunax continued to sing, flying deeper into the forests in hopes of finding Valiance or Khan, Nayati turned to Daemyn with a shy but encouraging smile. "My rulers are benevolent, and those they called to steed equally so. Regardless of whom meets us, I doubt you will not be accepted," she laughed softly, ruby eyes gleaming with kindness. Daemyn was quickly becoming one of her preferred people to be around, for though he was large and domineering in size and musculature, he was soft and gentle in every way, patient with her even without explanation as to why she was that way in the first place. Yes, he would fit in with the Edge family perfectly.

@[Daemyn] Sorry for the wait love!

the rose shadows said that they loved the sun, but they also loved the dark, 
where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Daemyn Posts: 45
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5(Tall Sun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mato :: Caucasian Shepherd Dog :: None Mouse
"Speech 'Wonderings' Words: 440 @[Naytai] No worries!
Daemyn
Daemyn moved quietly behind the pretty scarlet spotted mare and her ruby dragon, They were on the way to her home, and hopefully his new family.A small smile played softly on his face making his purple eyes shimmer with joy and curiosity. The land didn't seem to change to much, besides a meadow they passed. The trees started to thicken again as Nayati lead him to his hopeful new home. Nostrils quivered drawing in the cool air with it he scent of salt and horses. Her sweet voice swam through the cool air drawing his ears forward. His strong brow creased as she spoke, what in the world were wraiths? He allowed her to speak fully before posing his own question, "I'm uh, not sure what wraiths are, but they sound terrible to have driven this whole land underground. If the wall is against the new laws of this herd then why is it allowed to stand in such fragments?" His mighty head tilted slightly as he moved beside her.

The silver speckled bay watched gazed around curiously, lilac eyes watched found the sparkling fragments of the glass wall. He wondered curiously how such a structure had been erected around the herd lands. The dragon took flight singing as he did so calling forth someone with the power to accept or reject him. The stallion found himself longing to be accepted into this fine lady's family, so he would not have to wonder to far from her good graces. Daemyn wanted to be there to keep the sweet appaloosa mare save, to keep her already scared body free of more puckered blemishes. The maiden's warmly smile drew his powerful body forth, through the gates to his new leader's domain.

The dainty mare's sweet smile drew his insecurities out again. His body felt awkward as her kind eyes fell upon him. A nervous and shy smile covered his own maw as her voice floated out again. Her confidence in him made his body swell with pride. Bells chimed in his ears and his own gentle thunder chuckled shyly. "Thank you Nayati." He was at a lose for words as they waited silently for a leader or high ranked official to meet them.He was careful to mind his posture, there was no need to look like he wanted to start a fight or something. The stud didn't really want to look like a wimp either though. So he settled for a strong, yet slightly submissive pose. The stallion stood with his head close to the spotted mare's eye level smiling softly at her, minding the overly hot space between them.

Deep insde I know what am worth, A life of my own
alteredego @ flickr | subtlepatterns.com | larfsalot @ deviantart
[Image: daemyn_by_poolpaw-d8dwmiw.png] [Image: mato__by_silver_dreamer_mist-d9bez85.png]
Please tag Daemyn!

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
One surprise meeting was enough for the queen, who had all but feinted to see Thor standing at her borders. But it was just par for the course in her life, another day and another moment spend dealing with some unexpected circumstance, some unwanted trouble, some unneeded stress. But she had returned to the Edge with a purpose, and she was determined to complete her mission. She wound find Kaj- she had to find him- but where was still a mystery. She had not seen him on the island, she had not seen him here in the wood… could it be that he still lingered at the desert borders deep in the south, parlaying with hopeful friends?

It mattered not- the feathered blue that rode upon her back suddenly broke into draconian song at the sound of another beast just down the wall. He had never met another dragon, but it seemed instinctual to him to call back and, when he caught site of the red flitting through the forest top, Khan all but exploded off of the Sunshower’s back, leaving a few new cuts upon her shoulders. Flinching, she watched him flap valiantly towards Rathunax. The playful child immediately took to chasing after Rathunax, swatting at his elder’s tail when he should have been showing respect.

Inattentive as ever, though she had come to love him- Kahlua ignored the beast and his chaos. She was not much of a mother figure. “It has taken time to rebuild what the monsters stole from us,” she said after she cleared the forest and set her glass basket (containing feathers, metal scorpion and music box) onto the grass, having heard Daemyn’s question about the wall as she approached. Peace, order, ranks… all had required time to reorganize and get used to. Especially for her. “Besides, there’s a lot of wall,” she admitted with a frown, looking left and right. The whole thing had taken her a month or more of sleepless nights, but she had built it and had been so proud. Now it only ashamed her to think of what the wall symbolized.

“Nayati,” she said fondly then to the painted woman. She had yet to converse closely with the mare, but she had longed to for some time. Now she would have the chance. But there was business to attend to, it seemed, for Daemyn’s face was not one she recognized at all. “Hello friend, welcome to the Edge. I’m Kahlua, queen. What should I call you?” The normal business, meet and greets, exchanging information, good days and how-do-you-do’s, but this was the one part of Kahlua’s job that she enjoyed with every fiber of her being. Her radiant smile proved this fact easily enough.
.KAHLUA
Image Credit to Val

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Outcast

From the horizon a spot of blue, far smaller from youth, raced to meet Rathunax in the skies. The older crimson dragon tilted wings to curl splendid neck towards the hatchling, curiosity curling bony brows as dragon song reached out to meet him. Nayati gazed at the two, a brief spark of fear lighting in her heart before Kahlua's form was revealed, the link apparent from where the young dracon had appeared. Rathunax cooed at the youngling and with a mighty shove of his wings began to entice the little blue into a game of chase, twirling his tail for the little one's amusement. A small smile curled ivory lips as Nayati gazed upon them, amused by their antics, and mentally praising Rathunax for being playful instead of his usually ornery self. Distracted from viewing their play in the air, Nayati bowed her head shyly to her Queen, words escaping her as the Sun Shower took the time to answer Daemyn before she could. "We're recycling the glass for a greenhouse," she added, lyrics soft as the enveloped the two in her company.

With Kahlua in their midst, Nayati retreated into herself, feeling far more on edge without Rathunax to distract her. But she would not broadcast her desires to have him near once more; he deserved time to play and be young, not the constant guardian he played for her. Her name was spoken kindly, a singular word her greeting, and big red eyes flickered up towards the Queen as a light smile flickered uncertainly on her visage. How did Kahlua know her name? "My Queen," she cooed, turning quickly to look down at her little sea of flowers once it was appropriate to tear her gaze from her Queen's. It was perhaps wrong of her to be so nervous, so shy, when she had told Daemyn how kind Kahlua and Kaj were. She simply couldn't help it. Was it wrong to find more comfort in Daemyn's presence than her own leader's?

Falling into silence was an easy task for the shy angel, having mastered the art of disappearing in plain sight long ago. Rathunax, meanwhile, turned in the sky to face the little blue and hummed at him, a command to pause their play and return to their bondeds. Body twirling he dove down on an easy glide, expecting the other dragon to follow as he swept over Kahlua's head, hovering near her cheek and awaiting Khan's decision before turning and gliding over to Nayati who accepted him with a look of gratitude as he alighted with gentle paws upon her spine. The angel watched the two in her company, quiet, strained. What was her duty now? Should she leave?

where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Daemyn smiled softly feeling nervous once more around the stunning scarlet spotted mare. He wondered briefly how old she really was, before pushing the thought aside. 'Of course she wouldn't want anything to do with someone like me.' Self-esteem was not something he had or would probably ever have, that's what made him so endearing and trustworthy. Another's voice drew his ears up curiously as a black and white painted mare appeared from the mist. His ears shifted towards the side as he became overwhelmed with nerves. How was he supposed to function properly when there were two mares in front of him. Lilac eyes roved slowly over the new arrival, she was taller than Nayati, but in his mind not quite as pretty. There was something about the sweet healer that had drawn his attention away from everything else. His masculine head tilted slightly as he gazed at the odd belongings the mare carried with her. Subconsciously he bobbed his muzzle down to brush the black dog shaped amulet upon his upper chest. Smiling shyly the stallion turned his attention between the two mares before meeting the black and white mare's sapphires.

His own deep thunderous voice sounded after hers, "I meant no offense Miss." Daemyn lowered his refined white speckled head apologetically. As Nayati said they were recycling the broken glass he perked up a little, "I would be willing to help in anyway possible." The lilac eyed brick house stud watched as Nayati seemed to change, it was as if a wall was slowly sliding shut around her. It hurt him to see her warm bubbly smile and voice vanish, but how could he say anything when he was having the same problem.

As the ebony painted lady spoke again he dropped instantly into a low bow, his muzzle brushing the springy grass. Rising once more slowly the stallion's deep voice rumbled again, "It's a pleasure to be in your presence Queen Kahlua. My name is Daemyn." He smiled softly first at, his hopeful, Queen then at the kind speckled dove. His eyes were caught by the flying and playing dragons wheeling above them. His smile softened as he relaxed watching his red friend and a new blue feathery dragon. Pulling his attention way from the playful winged beasts he spoke once more, "Mistress Kahlua, I asked Nayati to bring me here so I may serve you and King Kaj." His large head lowered slowly as he spoke showing as much respect for the pretty painted mare as possible. After the trek here his woulds were slowly beginning to ache again, and a few were also starting to ooze a little. Sighing softly he glanced as his guide but held his tongue unwilling to speak again, because he felt he had already asked to much.

Speech Thoughts
Words: 468 @[Nayati]

[Image: daemyn_by_poolpaw-d8dwmiw.png] [Image: mato__by_silver_dreamer_mist-d9bez85.png]
Please tag Daemyn!

The little blue chases after his elder, happily engaging in the game of chase that the crimson has started. His little wings flap valiantly as he chases after Rathunax and the elder’s twitching tail. Kahlua, of course, did not even entertain the idea that Khan might be bothering the other dragon, the whole idea of hierarchy within dragon kind foreign to the airheaded queen. Instead, she busied herself by smiling at the pretty appaloosa who bowed to her and helped to explain the purpose of having all the oppressive glass around. Her gaze, though, was drawn to the spotted newcomer when he lowered his nose to touch the amulet upon his chest. “That’s a handsome necklace,” she commented offhandedly. “Where did you get it?” And then a chortle of laughter fell from her lips. “I wasn’t offended, forgive me. Thinking of the wall frustrates me, that’s all,” but she shook it all off with a genial bob of her head. There was no need for sorrows or frustrations here.

Of course, Khan felt differently. As the crimson turned to face him, chortling a command to return to Kahlua, the blue swatted his foot out in response. He wished to continue to play among the boughs of the trees, crashing through leaves wildly and with abandon. Still, he had some sense of responsibility, so after swatting a second time at the crimson in annoyance, he followed the red back to the trio and settled upon Kahlua’s back where he was commanded to. The paint winced softly at his claws digging into her skin, but otherwise said nothing about his arrival. She found herself happier and happier to have him near her, but she was still uncertain how to deal with him. She would learn in time.

“And it’s lovely to meet you, Daemyn,” she responded in turn. “And of course we would be happy to have you. You were lucky to have Nayati as a guide here,” she added, her smile returning fondly to the spotted woman that she hardly knew at all. Still, the kind paint could not imagine a world in which her words were not true, and though she did not know Nayati nearly as well as she wished to, she could see the kindness in every shy turn of Nayati’s head. But having already asked Daemyn a story about his necklace, she felt it only fair that she devoted some time to learning about her herd mate already. “Your dragon is quite handsome. May I ask how you were lucky enough to find him?” Absently, she stepped back, allowing Daemyn room to cross over the border and explore if he wanted.

@[Daemyn]
.KAHLUA
Image Credit to Val

Outcast

Gentle smile turned long-lashed gems away, demure. Letting herself fade into the background, the true magic she had, far more useful than the blooms sprouting from the hard earth. Daemyn's rumbling voice, soft and comforting like a woven blanket, mingled with Kahlua's sweet soprano, a bluebird on a quiet morning. Such perfection didn't deserve the quiet stuttering of her own words, the pathetic hush, hush whisper of her tone. So instead she glances down at the warped metal flower necklace gently kissing her chest, as she was often found doing when making herself small and unnoticeable. Argetlam had no need to reach out to her, that day, to befriend and adorn her. It gave her hope to think that maybe she was good enough inside to bring about that kind of easy friendship.

Rathunax, meanwhile, let shocks and lightning dance in his open maw as warning to the insolent blue babe, wings shuffling even as he swallowed down his elemental magic to playfully swat back at the hatchling. An olive branch ensuring he was not too upset, but he had to establish his position somehow, and the hatchling was seasons away from claiming similar elemental abilities. He drifted down to Nayati and clutched at the chain of her necklace, cooing sadly at her. So often, he desired she could only find peace, find the courage he knew existed within her. Rathunax hated to see her so downtrodden, so quick to become invisible.

Nayati's ears twitched with surprise as she was mentioned, her Queen bringing her subtly back into the conversation with a compliment. Shyly gazing firmly down at the ground at the words, she only lifted it to flicker her eyes back towards Rathunax, remembering when she'd received his egg for care. "I...I aided others multiple times, helping them. I never intended to claim one for myself...I saved his egg from a lily pad, threatening to tip into the lake. From there, somehow, he chose me. I'd never imagined it, had wanted only to help...but I cannot regret it in any way." Her smile was tremulous but sincere, and Rathunax sang a few soft bars of dragon song in response, rubbing his scaled cheek across the side of her neck. It's all she has to say, for it's all anyone has asked of her.

Seen and not heard doesn't apply to her. She's not worthy of either.

@[Daemyn]

He watched quietly taking in the way the two mare's interacted with each other. The Queen was warm and poor Nayati was shutting down before his eyes. He wanted to reach out and touch her encouragingly, but he knew he would never be able to do that. Sighing softly he turned his attention to the new blue feathery dragon curiously. He wondered vaguely how many different forms the stunning creatures could come in. They were all marvelous and interesting. Kahlua's voice drew his gaze back to her face as she spoke of his necklace. His deep voice rolled again, "Thank you Miss Kahlua. I got it from my old herd. We are all given a item, when we turn two, based upon our most valued attributes." He let his voice end with a soft shy smile. He didn't really want to brag on himself, but he valued the loyalty he, felt for those that deserved it.

As the feathery dragon landed upon the Queen's back he smiled again watching the small being. He found himself wishing he had his own dragon, but did he really want a dragon? Could companions come in more than one form, or where they all like these two? He wanted to ask, but held his tongue as Kahlua spoke again. Bowing his head to the painted lady he allowed her kind words to sink in. He was accepted into her good graces. This drew a large excited smile to his handsome features. "Thank you Miss Kahlua, I will do my best to protect my new family." Raising his head to look at the pretty scarlet spotted mare he spoke again, "I was very lucky that she stumbled upon me," his smile softened and he became even more nervous, but could not stop the words, "Without her I would not be here now, and my wounds would be a lot worse than they are now."

He fell silent his eyes drifting to the ground in embarrassment. To most those words would have been simple even easy, but to him it was like trying to sing with a mouth full of peanut butter. Shifting his weight nervously between his large hooves he listened as the kind girl told the story of how she had come across her splendid dragon. Ears pricked as he took in every sweet word. It did not surprise him in the least that she had saved the egg. It did not surprise him at all that the spotted mare had been selfless enough to save something as small as an egg. He smiled softly up at the two of them, blinking slowly unsure what to say now.

Speech Thoughts
Words: 444
OOC: @[Nayati]

Please tag Daemyn!

The young blue watches the sparks coil in Rathunax’s mouth and finally decides that he should settle himself instead of causing chaos, relax instead of inciting fun, for he does not wish to be on the receiving end of any damage to his feathers that have grown in nicely since his birth. Still, he grumbles and chirps periodically from Kahlua’s back, just to make sure that Rathunax understands how disgruntled he is about being forced to listen. Turning herd head about quickly, Kahlua nosed at the dragon for a moment to encourage him to settle down, ultimately rolling her eyes as he swatted at her too. But she did not reprimand him further- it simply wasn’t in her heart.

It was difficult for Kahlua to understand the shy heart that lived within Nayati’s chest, but she was terribly happy to hear her story. “You must have been very brave,” she responded kindly, wondering if she would have been brave enough to swim out into the water to chase after an egg, or if she even would have wanted to. Would she have tried for Khan’s egg if it had not been gifted to her by the owl? She did not know. Her fear of loving something so intimately may just have overcome her.

As for the stallion, his story was equally as intriguing, and Kahlua briefly wondered what the dog had symbolized. She was not much of a thinker on such subjects, and maybe had heard once that dogs were brave or loyal or strong, but she had forgotten all of that now, and so she just giggled and bobbed her head. “Protect it dearly, then,” she advised, for there were so many in Helovia that were so quick to harm. Giving both of them another nod, the queen spoke a final time. “I’ll let you rest, then. I’m sure Nayati would like to finish showing you around without me hovering,” she giggle again, but for what purpose she did not know. Perhaps only that she loved life. “I hope to see you both around, I hope you’ll forgive me, I must attend to something else.”

With a final soft whicker, the queen turned to go attempted sort through so many of the other problems that were plaguing the Edge right now. If it wasn’t one thing, it was another, surely.

@[Daemyn] :: awkward Kahlua exit x.x
.KAHLUA
Image Credit to Val