the Rift

[OPEN] Our Spot on the Map {Welcoming}

Nayati Posts: 116
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: four years
Rathunax :: Common Red Dragon :: Shock Breath cailyn

I know your wavering heart, intimately</style>

Gentle smile turned long-lashed gems away, demure. Letting herself fade into the background, the true magic she had, far more useful than the blooms sprouting from the hard earth. Daemyn's rumbling voice, soft and comforting like a woven blanket, mingled with Kahlua's sweet soprano, a bluebird on a quiet morning. Such perfection didn't deserve the quiet stuttering of her own words, the pathetic hush, hush whisper of her tone. So instead she glances down at the warped metal flower necklace gently kissing her chest, as she was often found doing when making herself small and unnoticeable. Argetlam had no need to reach out to her, that day, to befriend and adorn her. It gave her hope to think that maybe she was good enough inside to bring about that kind of easy friendship.

Rathunax, meanwhile, let shocks and lightning dance in his open maw as warning to the insolent blue babe, wings shuffling even as he swallowed down his elemental magic to playfully swat back at the hatchling. An olive branch ensuring he was not too upset, but he had to establish his position somehow, and the hatchling was seasons away from claiming similar elemental abilities. He drifted down to Nayati and clutched at the chain of her necklace, cooing sadly at her. So often, he desired she could only find peace, find the courage he knew existed within her. Rathunax hated to see her so downtrodden, so quick to become invisible.

Nayati's ears twitched with surprise as she was mentioned, her Queen bringing her subtly back into the conversation with a compliment. Shyly gazing firmly down at the ground at the words, she only lifted it to flicker her eyes back towards Rathunax, remembering when she'd received his egg for care. "I...I aided others multiple times, helping them. I never intended to claim one for myself...I saved his egg from a lily pad, threatening to tip into the lake. From there, somehow, he chose me. I'd never imagined it, had wanted only to help...but I cannot regret it in any way." Her smile was tremulous but sincere, and Rathunax sang a few soft bars of dragon song in response, rubbing his scaled cheek across the side of her neck. It's all she has to say, for it's all anyone has asked of her.

Seen and not heard doesn't apply to her. She's not worthy of either.

@[Daemyn]

the rose shadows said that they loved the sun, but they also loved the dark, 
where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Messages In This Thread
Our Spot on the Map {Welcoming} - by Nayati - 09-15-2014, 11:43 PM
RE: Our Spot on the Map {Welcoming} - by Daemyn - 09-17-2014, 08:03 PM
RE: Our Spot on the Map {Welcoming} - by Kahlua - 09-19-2014, 06:12 PM
RE: Our Spot on the Map {Welcoming} - by Nayati - 09-21-2014, 12:30 AM
RE: Our Spot on the Map {Welcoming} - by Daemyn - 09-30-2014, 01:07 AM
RE: Our Spot on the Map {Welcoming} - by Kahlua - 10-05-2014, 12:36 AM
RE: Our Spot on the Map {Welcoming} - by Nayati - 10-14-2014, 10:27 PM
RE: Our Spot on the Map {Welcoming} - by Daemyn - 10-19-2014, 12:02 AM
RE: Our Spot on the Map {Welcoming} - by Kahlua - 10-26-2014, 01:54 PM