the Rift

[OPEN] And so I pray

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
Your spine is ablaze
Felling any foe with my gaze

Aithniel had left the island in the sky to return to the shrines. She felt power here, a pulsing heat from the broken shrine symboling the Sun. Though she may be small, she would one day grow to be powerful, and the world would see. The filly knelt to one knee in front of the stone, closing her enigmatic, silver eyes. Waves of heat from the churning blue lava picked up her black and gold hair, shifting it around her newly grown horns and the fibers of her swiftly maturing feathers.

The demi-god, for that's what she was, desired nothing more than to feel his presence all around her. She had never had family like this before, but now she had a father. Just the sensation of his might brought her comfort, and she vowed to return to this spot every season to pray for guidance and be renewed in her strength and resolve. Out of all the elements, fire was the strongest, the one to be feared, able to cleanse, kill, and obliterate.

With this, she was potent. Already, she could start fire with her hooves, but she wanted to know more. She wanted to learn the secrets of the flame, so that she could whisper to their true nature and wield them as a friend just as they would wield her heart. Aithniel knew that she was young now, but she would learn. She would find her purpose through her father and bring Helovia to order. These were tall dreams for a small babe, but they were strong.

After a swift greeting to her father in her mind, she stood, looking around at the world with new eyes, new light. She was a master of her own universe. She was not an accident, a blip created with no purpose. She was not here just to toil against her own mortality. No, she was here to enforce the will of the gods. Aithniel was a conduit. The filly walked across the land bridge connecting the island to the mainland, hearing the waves crash below and hearing the stars speak above, promising her future.

Wind whistled around her body, and it was invigorating. She felt... new.

Credits: Image by Tabini with many thanks from Blu

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

A cool fall wing blew through Helovia and sent shivers down a brown stripped man. The golden son was a dance. His lean legs stretching out from under him in a dazzle of grace. Spanish head tucked and rolled back and forth as his body sizzled with the electricity. He was not a blaze of anger or death, but the opposite, sailing across the rocky ground in a spectacle of prime and power. A rest upon the floating isle had done him well, and now the golden son would return to this Loorien. Bless all who come across his path, for he was the master of this world. True no mighty powers did he weld, but he held something greater. He was the master of your mind, standing at the controls. The golden son was alive and well.

Nares clawed at the air to keep his craving lungs filled at this striding pace. It was by chance they caught the scent at all. Granite. Pine. Ash. Harks lean back and the strides slow. Golden sides heaving he searches again, but the same scents return to him. This creature most certainly was of the Basin, but Ash? Then a curious memory comes forth. There was one he knew. Head pulls forward and the golden body follows, tassled tail, curled, flicks behind him.

Sure enough walking across the land bridge the girl is here. The gold in those earth eyes flash with a brilliance. He had wanted to talk to this child. She too much of a curiosity to not investigate. Keeping his pace, letting his muscles roll with fluidity their earlier strain allowed he comes up to behind her. Here in the open his approach could not be a secret, but he stays as silent as he can anyway. Slowing to a walk he crosses at last within several paces of the little one. A smile raises on his lips as he speaks low, over the waves crashing on the edge. “Hello there little fire bird, you’re a long way from your mother’s nest.” It was not said with much twist, though it was hard to keep it all hidden. Stopping finally he lets a small pleasant smile rise, and looks upon the child of fire. It would be hard soon for his lady to keep legitimating the girl’s presence in the Basin, but the golden son was all the happier for it. Who would not love a little spice to their dull unicorn land. Even crazy gets boring some days. Still, as he looks down upon her it was not with a wicked thought towards the fire bird, but if she could be persuaded…the day might just have a happy ending. Well, for the golden son at least.

OOC ::
"speech"

Mix a flutter of feather,
A pinch of iron horn,
Little fire bringer,
You just need to learn of thorns.
Image by the AMAZING Vossity

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Your spine is ablaze

Aithniel was still too young to consider anyone to be handsome. Perhaps she would never get to the stage where hormones and maturity compelled her to consider the virility of the opposite gender. Even now, just after hearing her destiny, she felt all of her young priorities shift. Suddenly, getting under Illynx's skin, yelling at Zikar to undermine his authority, and playing with Rikyn and Erebos seemed too childish and unimportant. The murder in the sky had forced her to mature well beyond her age.

So, when the tall and enigmatic look alive to her father arrived, Aithniel looked at him with silver eyes that showed a depth of sorrow and wisdom unfitting for her tiny frame. The filly watched as he slowed to a walk, his lips curling into that smile she had seen on the lips of all adults. Why did they find such amusement in their innocence and naivety? She would never understand. Illynx had at least been the most honest of them all. Her smile-less features and unfiltered words had been true.

She averted her gaze back to the shrine, grimacing at the grating notes of his words as they jumped on and bruised her soul. Here.... here was the closest to home she would ever find. "I have no mother," she said. The words were not spoken in heartbreak or sadness like before, but with power, promise and honest. Aithniel did not need a mother, just like the God said. She was born for a purpose and no motherly affection would change that fact.

"And here is as close to family as I will ever need."

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

It had been so well planned and crafted, why did the silly little girl have to grow up just in time to screw it up. Where was expected a curious face of new, came a calmed, still face of one well beyond this small child’s age. If it could a brow would have raised at her. The happy, go lucky smile faltered back slightly. Not in defeat, but interest. There was something working here in this child. This was not the scared girl who had raced across the Basin from wolves (though there was a hint of the fire starter), and certainly not the girl who had clung to Rikyn’s side. Now there was a girl of solidarity. Calm gaze seems almost to look past him and all other worldly things. Something has shifted in this girl’s universe, his success would depend on knowing it, so the gold calls up the mystery machine and gets it cranking.

Family mentioned and it all falls slightly. The earth eyes miss nothing, and can not hide the flash of its gold inlays reveal. Then empowerment rings between the two. The girl’s inner core has been found and was standing for itself. The golden son shifts slightly, watching her with unchanging features. Of course he knew the girl had been adopted, but this was a new development that the girl thought herself to have no mother. Not even that, but to speak as if she rejects it. A heart of a strong will and firm consensus was certainly not the same one who was kept tucked in Illynx’s close fold. She was denying searching for one, but also rejecting the need for the current one. His lady did not like creatures she could not bend to her will, was this a turning point in that relationship too? Oh, but the gold is a patient man, and it is rewarded as the girl speaks on. Oh how curious the conversation was becoming. A perfect beginning for this renewed vigor in the gold.

Now, the girl fell silent, but it mattered not, she had spoken volumes, but even the golden could not piece them together. Was her mother dead? A traitor? A low life? Why did she look to the shrines? Did her mother live here? What of her father? Did this have to do with Illynx? Oh all the delicious questions in the mystery, it made for a well-fortified breakfast for the sly. The gold let that calmed smile slip off nearly completely, and look more contented upon this fire bird. Why was he taking such interest in this? A child’s problems could not possibly be of much consequence. Not to mention the gold was not fond of hanging around children too much. The continued contact was too much of a…memory. But this was certainly different. This little fire bird was not like the other children. The golden had seen it in her sparks of fire in the Basin, the shear idea of remaining in the Basin even after it was certain she recognized the difference, and then there is this curious moment.

The gold loved a good mystery. Twin horns lower, and earth eyes gaze out at her with less spark. It was time to throw out the bait and see what he might catch. “You have found something.” Let us see how much the girl can handle, if she is as changed as this impressions relates. “Well, not really a thing, perhaps just a some.” Tell us what has changed your little heart fire bird. “You’ve had pieces before, during the wolf attack but now…” What worldly threads are waving your tapestry. “…you possess it.” Who trusted you with the weight of the world when you’re so young. “What have you found dear fire bird?” Tell me your secrets.

OOC ::
"speech"
@[Aithniel]

Image by the AMAZING Vossity

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Your spine is ablaze

Aithniel was unsure of how to take his calm demeanor, smooth like the surface of the ocean at midday in the summer. She narrowed her molten, silver gaze curiously, trying to discern why he was still here, why he cared. The cadence of his voice, musical, would have been charming if not for the tingling in her spine. Why was he so curious about her? About this? She had seen him in the Basin maybe once, but she had never spoken to him before.

She was still young, but she was now faced with a task slightly beyond her age. Instead of crying about it, Aithniel knew that she had a responsibility to fill. Illynx was to thank for this work ethic, as the mare had always told her that she would have to work harder than all the others to gain any advantage. She would have to prove herself, and instead of trying to prove herself through destruction and biting words toward Zikar, she had a far more important task.

One given by her father, the God of the Sun himself.

Suddenly, ruining Zikar's day seemed so trivial - but no less fun.

What pieces was he talking about? Of course she found something. She found the truth. She found as much truth as she could possibly need. The identity of her mother was still in the shadows, but Aithniel didn't care. But why did he want to know? "I found my father," she replied cryptically, not sure how much she should reveal given that she was alone on this island with him and still unable to fly.

"And I found a calling." One of them, for Aithniel knew that she would have many in her future. "Now, I have a true purpose, and I understand why I am here when before I did not." She looked up at him with her steely eyes. "I found what some people spend forever searching for - who I am and why I am here."

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive